Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 11:45 PM

837 posts, read 754,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Making the process somewhat manageable?

So you don't know how to approach, are afraid of it, can't handle rejection, and think women should do it instead?

how did you jump to that conclusion?

I'm okay with approaching, it's just always so damn difficult because I feel so much resistance from the woman in question

Old 07-25-2015, 12:05 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,914,456 times
Hypergamy

Old 07-25-2015, 12:17 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,612,466 times
if you make that kind of money buy a used lamborghini gallardo, one of the earlier years that has already fully depreciated. drive around town all day and do what that youtube guy did, picking up chicks without talking. i saw it on the internet so it must work.

also get a lifesize tattoo of your hero dwayne johnsons face on your chest. chicks will dig it

Old 07-25-2015, 12:56 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,623,933 times
Dude you need a dating coach.

Shoot me a message if you are serious. I know two or three people that can help you get where you want to be.

If you are the person that you describe yourself to be....you should have the ladies lining up to be with you.

Money is a game changer.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Hypergamy

so there are tons of men who make a top 1% income at 26, are way above average looking, very stylish and fit and have excellent character and integrity as human beings?

Do you not see how that makes zero sense?

Old 07-25-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
if you make that kind of money buy a used lamborghini gallardo, one of the earlier years that has already fully depreciated. drive around town all day and do what that youtube guy did, picking up chicks without talking. i saw it on the internet so it must work.

also get a lifesize tattoo of your hero dwayne johnsons face on your chest. chicks will dig it

I'm thinking about getting a Tesla

the Gallardo and other super cars like that are extremely impractical. I'm just too rational thinking as a person overall to do something so dumb. The Tesla at least is very low maintenance, very safe and reliable, zero gas and is decent on price (I could buy it used for 60K)

Old 07-25-2015, 07:04 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,469,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post

the Gallardo and other super cars like that are extremely impractical. I'm just too rational thinking as a person overall to do something so dumb. The Tesla at least is very low maintenance, very safe and reliable, zero gas and is decent on price (I could buy it used for 60K)
Women do not appreciate practical. Get a BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:10 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,469,176 times
Quote:
So many people (especially men) online post over and over again how money/status is the #1 thing required to get an attractive woman. Why is this?

I'm 26 years old, living in a pretty reasonable cost of living area. This year I'm on track to make around 170K and I have it all - a beautiful sports car, luxurious townhouse, a great lifestyle where I go to the top of the line restaurants, concerts and sports events. There is nothing wrong with me physically either - I'm well above average looking, very muscular, get compliments everywhere for dressing extremely sharp and stylish, normal height. I'm literally living a top 1% lifestyle at an incredibly young age and will probably retire at 40-45. Also, I make friends everywhere I go because people can sense that I am a man of integrity and high character.

...yet I'm as perma-single with women as it gets. I've NEVER had a girlfriend and I routinely wonder if I'm going to die alone. There are basically zero women ever showing me interest who are actually cute and my age range. The only ones who ever show me interest are obese or 45 years old.

Money means nothing
After reading this post and the rest of the thread, something doesn't add up.

One poster said you were a car salesman. Many of the same sales tactics that make someone able to be successful as a car salesman would make someone successful in closing the deal with women.

If you are making 170k a year with an awesome car, a sweet bachelor pad, and stylish threads, you could easily be having sex with multiple women simultaneously.

I'll agree that money isn't everything in getting women, but it can help for sure. You can get great clothes and make a great presentation. Personality and looks matter less when you have plenty of money but they still matter enough. You can't be a completely boring dude with plenty of cash and get women. Also having a good body helps the cause, but like money, it isn't everything.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:15 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,124,790 times
Quote:
The only people around here with Telsas are middle aged married rich guys. I do see quite a few Audi R8, Corvettes, and Porsche driven by the single and slightly younger.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:19 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,124,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
After reading this post and the rest of the thread, something doesn't add up.

One poster said you were a car salesman. Many of the same sales tactics that make someone able to be successful as a car salesman would make someone successful in closing the deal with women.
I agree with this. If this thread is true, I'm more inclined to believe its something about self worth and attitude. People pick up on it no matter how much superficial status symbols you acquire. Status symbols and money do make a world of a difference... however it takes more than that to make a relationship last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships