Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times

Advertisements

Some of you may be familiar with me from the Games/AZ/Christian forums, some of you may not.

I am filing for a divorce from Mr. Jeep this coming week. Very hard on me.

No adultery.

I just ask you for your blessings and well-wishes. I need it right now.

I am hurting bad inside. But I am OK. I really am. I'm tough but I just need a

little moral support right now from positive people right now.

I just need those who know my spiritual and moral beliefs right now to support my judgment and decision. It means the world.

Those who say "take it to a mediator or to a marital councilor" - forget it. Don't go there. Please.

Love you - Jeep xo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 12:13 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
JeepGirl, Im sorry you are going through this and I will keep you in my prayers, and just know that you're not alone. I've been through it, I think a lot of us have. It is really painful but you will make it. If you need to talk you can pm me.

Blessings,
April...aka...tkdmom

Old 02-03-2008, 12:15 AM

713 posts, read 2,717,725 times
I've been through a few divorces. I wish you well and a wonderful future.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 AM

335 posts, read 1,029,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Some of you may be familiar with me from the Games/AZ/Christian forums, some of you may not.

I am filing for a divorce from Mr. Jeep this coming week. Very hard on me.

No adultery.

I just ask you for your blessings and well-wishes. I need it right now.

I am hurting bad inside. But I am OK. I really am. I'm tough but I just need a

little moral support right now from positive people right now.

I just need those who know my spiritual and moral beliefs right now to support my judgment and decision. It means the world.

Those who say "take it to a mediator or to a marital councilor" - forget it. Don't go there. Please.

Love you - Jeep xo
At times even if their is no adultery or any type of abuse involved it is just time to call it quits. All I can tell you from experience is this "hurt" will go away! It is an adjustment period in which you need to reflect and give yourself private time in which to gather yourself together. Divorce even though at times is inevitable it is relevant to someone very close to you passing. It is a difficult time full of regret, transgression and so forth so in this respect allow yourself to go through the "grieving process" But I do state at the end there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Much luck,
DD70

Old 02-03-2008, 01:49 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,427 times
((((((((...HUGS, JeepGirl!...))))))))

I couldn't remember where you stood spiritually, JeepGirl, so I went back and looked at a few of your posts so I hopefully wouldn't offend you in my answer. You had one post about Satan asking permission to sift Peter as wheat. (https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...tml#post842473) Hopefully, you will be encouraged by your own thoughts.

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepGirl118:
For Peter - Jesus used prayer to help Peter endure the trial. Jesus knew what he was about to go through. It is a lesson for all of us, when we are in the midst of Satan’s attack. We must remember:

He can only go as far as God permits.
Jesus knows what we are going through.
Like Peter, God will use our trials to strengthen us.
Since I'm an eternal optimist, I really do believe there's a silver lining to every dark cloud and that there's a beautiful rainbow after every storm. This storm is one you will be able to weather; you won't be given more than you can bear. Please know that I'll support you in prayer, and I'll also be praying you will experience the most beautiful rainbow. Stay close to Jesus, pray without ceasing, and let Him carry you when you feel you no longer have the strength to walk on your own.

......................................Footprints in the Sand
..........................................(Mary Stevenson)

.........One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
.............Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
.................In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
.....................Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
.........................other times there were one set of footprints.

.................................This bothered me because I noticed
.............................that during the low periods of my life,
.........................when I was suffering from
.....................anguish, sorrow or defeat,
.................I could see only one set of footprints.

.............So I said to the Lord,
........."You promised me Lord,
.............that if I followed you,
.................you would walk with me always.
.....................But I have noticed that during
.........................the most trying periods of my life
.............................there have only been one
.................................set of footprints in the sand.
.....................................Why, when I needed you most,
.................................you have not been there for me?"

.....................The Lord replied,
................."The times when you have
.............seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
.........is when I carried you."

Old 02-03-2008, 04:26 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Hi jeep. You know my well wishes, thoughts and prayers are always with you.

I know the feeling of people telling you about mediators, etc.

I hope your move has found you with people you know and love. I can't remember if you moved to people you know, or if you were moving because it is just where you all wanted to be.

You are strong, and I do believe everything will work out for the best for you.

And when you feel like you are just not strong enough, refer to the footprints.

((((((((((((JEEPGIRL)))))))))))))

robyn

Old 02-03-2008, 05:30 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,537,150 times
Just as all marriages are different; so are all divorces, no two the same.

I wish you well. Make sure to not distract yourself with stress; be open to those little messages coming our way, everyday.

I left my marriage with $100 and a fork and never looked back. Seven years later....life is insanely, over the top, lovely.

Never compromise and remember you are vulnerable right now and susceptible to less than healthy decisions.

If you have to lay on your couch with the lights dim and your feet propped up on pillows for the next year, do it.

Big MainStreet hugs....

Oh and one more thing...this isn't lip service; acknowledgment of my daily, if not hourly gratitudes, changed my life, my outlook, my everything.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 AM

283 posts, read 1,291,379 times
Jeep girl.
I have been there, too. You WILL survive this. You will be a better person for it. You deserve to be happy. Your happiness does not depend on another person. It all begins with you. Take the time to feel how you must feel, but don't dwell on the negatives. Things will brighten up. I know this. You will be just fine.

My heart hurts for you, but a part of it sings for you. Spring is coming and spring is rebirth. Stary busy, do things you need to do. Have faith. Pray for guidance. One day the heartache will be a memory.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:30 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Stay strong girl! You WILL get through this!!! My well wishes and hugs are with you and my prayers for you. Life isn't always rosy and happy, this is not a rosy, happy time, but you will get through this time and there WILL be rosy, happy times for you! God Bless!!!

~ Twinkle Toes

Old 02-03-2008, 01:34 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Thank you to all of you. ((((((HUGS)))))) True - abuse is abuse - and I am fed up with meeting his demands of what "perfection" is. A couple of you talk to me offline and have known for sometime that I am what some would consider his little 'trophy wife,' per se, because of how he treats me - and my life has been pretty miserable because of it - and I am tired of always trying to make him happy and living and revolving things to make sure HE stays happy. And if he isn't happy - I never hear the end of it. I am exhausted and done. I am done minimizing, justifying and making excuses for him and convincing myself that I am happy-happy when I have spent my fair share of times crying silently in the shower. I have always been a devoted wife with little emotionally in return. I have a very jealous, controlling and possessive husband and just yesterday for the first time he got in my face yelling at me in between his gritted teeth. I told him to back off a couple times- he finally did - and told me, "You're lucky I didn't hit you." I am not going to stay around to see if that hit ever manifests. He has not hit me YET but I see something coming in the horizon if I don't leave. He doesn't like me to have friends, even female friends and the close friends I do have he'll find a reason to hate them. My close friends are the absolute best, I love them very much. He is jealous of sharing me with other people. I feel too owned and too much like an object. Ever since I closed the doors for the cleaning company in Phoenix - the jobs I have had have always been a problem because in his demented mind he thinks that every guy I have worked with wants me. Pretty crazy. So then I feel guilty even though I have done nothing wrong and know that every man doesn't want me (lol) and quit because I allow him to manipulate my mind like I am not being a good wife, even when I know I am being a great wife. I have come to terms that he isn't in love with me - he is obsessed with me. I've had the two "passions" confused. And that really bites to realize this. I have been in denial for so long. My friends have always seen this and I always was just a bucket of excuses for him. We have been together since I was 16 years old - been together for 20 years- just celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary 2-1/2 weeks ago. His Dad died at the end of November and things just really went to hell in a hand basket after that. I'm not putting all the blame on him because I have allowed and enabled his behavior to this point. Dr Phil says, "We teach people how to treat us." I have been thinking about that statement a lot. I hate airing all this, but I just need to vent and express in an environment that I consider my 'home away from home.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships