Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 06:16 PM

47 posts, read 30,752 times

Advertisements

Well it happened, she insisted we break up because she believes were not on the same page, she says she’s uncertain about making her defining decision, I know she’s right about that. I convinced her that maybe taking a break from our relationship would be best, she agreed, but she says while and after the break if it doesn't work out she wants to still be friends. I believe the true issue is if I am worthy of her trust because shes been burned before so I asked her to call me tonight. On a side note another girl saw me in the gym today right after. I have no interest in her but she wants to be gym buddies, I had a lot of fun were going to do this for the rest of the summer. The sadness is starting to hit me as of now though ,I have been in a nonchalant mood all day it’s usually always my mood. I've never cried over a girl before but..... I got pretty emotionally attached. (I feel like a weak sack of crap.) My other posts lead up to this but they don't matter I was just venting this is certain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 06:30 PM

576 posts, read 824,213 times
Assume that the relationship is over and move on as soon as you can. Don't hold out hope that she will change her mind - but, on the slender chance she may, don't make any quick decisions about whether to take her back.leave her be so that she can get over her issues, and ask her for space so that you can move onto someone else that is able to be in a relationship with you.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:24 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Yeah, you can't just be friends.

Delete, delete, delete.

If she contacts you then you won't know who it is.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:34 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
There are 4 billion more. Shake it off

Old 07-27-2015, 08:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Being with her was too difficult, Jep.

It hurts, but you can get through it. Just stay busy and be honest with yourself.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:11 AM

47 posts, read 30,752 times
Yea I called her last night to re assure , she says "I don't think were compatible as a couple asking me to change or you is to hard" but she was trying so hard to be nice about it and I respect her decision in the end. She wants to do the whole friends thing I told her I'm angry and confused right now, shes being very persistent on keeping me idk why shes getting emotional about losing me there but not as a partner. She says call me later even if it takes months and keeps saying "sorry". I'm not sure if I can do it just the thought of her with someone else burns me.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep_Zero View Post
Yea I called her last night to re assure , she says "I don't think were compatible as a couple asking me to change or you is to hard" but she was trying so hard to be nice about it and I respect her decision in the end. She wants to do the whole friends thing I told her I'm angry and confused right now, shes being very persistent on keeping me idk why shes getting emotional about losing me there but not as a partner. She says call me later even if it takes months and keeps saying "sorry". I'm not sure if I can do it just the thought of her with someone else burns me.
If it hurts you too much, you have the right to tell her you don't want to be friends.

Sometimes people want to "stay friends" because it helps their ego and keeps them from feeling like the bad guy for initiating the breakup.

But you don't have to be friends. I would just go "no contact."

Old 07-28-2015, 10:01 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If it hurts you too much, you have the right to tell her you don't want to be friends.

Sometimes people want to "stay friends" because it helps their ego and keeps them from feeling like the bad guy for initiating the breakup.

But you don't have to be friends. I would just go "no contact."
I wouldn't be friends with her OP. I think this helping her ego thing quoted above is what she's trying to do so she isn't the bad guy... to make herself feel better. If you stay friend, it will just make getting over her harder. She broke up with you, now you need to do what's best for yourself and to help yourself get over her and if that means walking away and not looking back, do that. Good luck.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:02 AM

761 posts, read 832,828 times
"Still be friends".

That's the relationship kiss of death.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:10 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,156,539 times
She insists on still being friends because she's very young, this was her first relationship, and she hasn't had enough experience in relationships to know that that's a bad idea (thinking back to your first post about this, you were her first kiss, even). You can politely say no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships