Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 09:07 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I am saying this is not my experience at all. Maybe these men who think they are nice guys and are always ignored have other issues that overshadow their "niceness."
yeah, like an issue of being too nice. Ask nice guys about their experiences in dating, or more precisely - why they have zero success in dating and are invisible to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 09:13 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Reasons women don't date nice guys

They completely forget women have a sexual side to them.
They’re passive aggressive.
They seem completely ingenuine.
The only guy who would label himself a nice guy is one who is reflecting on an excuse about why he doesn’t get the things he wants.
Doormats aren’t sexy.
Nice guys reek of desperation.
They’re terrible in bed.
They make women question if they’re someone we can rely on to protect us.
It’s easy to lose interest in a nice guy.

Any questions?
This gets us back to the whole "nice" as passive aggressive doormat vs. a truly "kind" person, as in a decent human being who treats everyone well.

Think of it in terms other than dating. Who commands respect and admiration from their boss?

When asked, "can you stay late?" last minute (and you can't)

The guy who really needs to leave, but says he can stay. Then whines and complains to his coworkers how bad the boss is. (Nice, but doormat)

The guy who is a jerk and tell no to his boss and tells him off at the same time. (A-hole)

The guy who tells the boss no, but does so in a polite and "nice" way. (Nice, but stands his ground)

Now, look at the boss. If he keeps either the first or second guy around, he's a fool. One undermines moral and probably does a losey job anyway. The other is just bad for business all around. Most bosses might not like the answer from the last guy, but unless the boss himself is a total jerk, will respect the man for it. The last man was "nice" but also firm and his own man.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:15 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
yeah, like an issue of being too nice. Ask nice guys about their experiences in dating, or more precisely - why they have zero success in dating and are invisible to women.
I am kind to everyone... I can't say I've always been a great success dating 100% of the time, but I am not invisible by any means and am in a great, exclusive relationship now with someone who adores me.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:04 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Reasons women don't date nice guys

They completely forget women have a sexual side to them.BWAH! Not even.
They’re passive aggressive. No, he is aggressive when need be
They seem completely ingenuine.He's pretty genuine,
The only guy who would label himself a nice guy is one who is reflecting on an excuse about why he doesn’t get the things he wants. He doesn't label himself nice, he can be a real prick at work
Doormats aren’t sexy.True, but not all nice guys are doormats
Nice guys reek of desperation.DH not desperate for anything
They’re terrible in bed.Soooo wrong.
They make women question if they’re someone we can rely on to protect us. Let's see he teaches hand-to-hand, he's an expert marksman, survival trainer
It’s easy to lose interest in a nice guy. Yes, if nice were there the only trait

Any questions?

My husband is as nice to me as anyone could be, responses are above. Oh! Even worse, he opens my doors, pulls out my chairs, and carries bags.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-06-2015, 10:10 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
It basically breaks down to how people described it, nice because that's their nature, and nice because they want it to get them somewhere. I'm naturally a genuinely good person, and I can stand up for what I believe in, even if it means I'm going to gently or harshly rub someone the wrong way. However, I have been in instances where I've been overly nice, because I wanted something that I couldn't get genuinely. For instance, the very pretty and attractive woman that had a few guys after her. I'm going to overstep my boundaries to impress her, which isn't going to be what she's looking for most likely.

My confidence has a few eraser marks on it right now, so I'm working on penciling back in the confidence. I always did well for myself when I was confident in myself and I'm in the faking it till I make it stage now. I want to stop faking it and I'll get there soon.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:27 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
The majority of women won't reject a guy for being nice. Nice is good. But most guys who claim to be nice aren't as nice as they claim to be.

Some guys who are genuinely nice are being rejected for a different reason. They just claim they were rejected for being nice because they can't admit they were rejected for being weak, or socially inept, or smoking, or being inconsiderate, or lousy in bed.

Seriously, I have never heard a guy call himself a "nice guy" who wasn't some sort of loser. I only date nice men, but they never openly vocally self-identify as a "nice guy".

It's like when a person goes to great lengths to tell you how honest they are, you'd better grab onto your wallet with both hands.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:25 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Relationships work better when the parties involved aren't keeping a score card or battling for supremacy. Furthermore, it's worth remembering that the more powerful person in any dyad is the one with the freedom to say, "No, after you."
Maybe in your relationships, but not in mine. I could care less about LTR's, and will never take crap from a woman. As I said before, women have 0 respect for doormats, and will walk all over you if given half a chance. Women respect guys who stand up for themselves and aren't pushovers.

Many men in the U.S. have been metaphorically emasculated in the past 20-25 years, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

A lot of guys that I hear about in relationships are continuously walked all over by their girlfriends/wives, and then when their wife/girlfriend leaves them for someone else and in many cases financially takes them to the cleaners, they go sit in the corner and cry like a little b$#@* because they couldn't understand why their wife/girlfriend would leave such a "nice" guy....Well, these guys had it coming....

Old 08-06-2015, 06:36 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Maybe in your relationships, but not in mine. I could care less about LTR's, and will never take crap from a woman. As I said before, women have 0 respect for doormats, and will walk all over you if given half a chance. Women respect guys who stand up for themselves and aren't pushovers.

Many men in the U.S. have been metaphorically emasculated in the past 20-25 years, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

A lot of guys that I hear about in relationships are continuously walked all over by their girlfriends/wives, and then when their wife/girlfriend leaves them for someone else and in many cases financially takes them to the cleaners, they go sit in the corner and cry like a little b$#@* because they couldn't understand why their wife/girlfriend would leave such a "nice" guy....Well, these guys had it coming....
Why does it make you sick? Why do you care at all? Somehow I doubt you are the paragon of masculinity you claim to be. You are not the spokesman for the male gender nor does the gender require one and quite frankly I find your lack of empathy for others offensive.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:44 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Why does it make you sick? Why do you care at all? Somehow I doubt you are the paragon of masculinity you claim to be. You are not the spokesman for the male gender nor does the gender require one and quite frankly I find your lack of empathy for others offensive.
I never claimed to be a paragon of masculinity, nor did I ever claim to be a spokesman for the male gender. I don't know where you got that.

And, no, I don't have empathy for people who let others walk all over them. If you're offended by that, fine.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:15 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
I never claimed to be a paragon of masculinity, nor did I ever claim to be a spokesman for the male gender. I don't know where you got that.

And, no, I don't have empathy for people who let others walk all over them. If you're offended by that, fine.
Your words claimed it for you.

If some men choose to let others walk over them its none of your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships