Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:19 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Absolutely. A man who is a protector and a provider, is attractive to women. Selfish men, for example, are attractive to women. They signal that as potential mates, they will likely be also selfish with benefit to a future family unit. This is fairly simply stuff, not rocket science.
Selfishness and relationships generally don't mix well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 02:59 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Theres nice attractive guys, who get the girls.

Then theres not nice attractive guys, who get SOME of the girls.

Then theres nice but not attractive guys, who get way more girls than every one thinks

Lastly theres the not attractive, not nice guys, who blame the women for that.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:46 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
I held onto my nice guy and he's held on to me. :-) over two decades now!

My advice to younger women...find the nicest guy you want to be in a relationship with and find incredibly attractive. men don't become nicer after committing/ marriage. That jerk you are dating will be a bigger jerk after marriage. Find the person you want to be with, because they won't change.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:08 AM

50,807 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I held onto my nice guy and he's held on to me. :-) over two decades now!

My advice to younger women...find the nicest guy you want to be in a relationship with and find incredibly attractive. men don't become nicer after committing/ marriage. That jerk you are dating will be a bigger jerk after marriage. Find the person you want to be with, because they won't change.
I'm sure your husband is a nice guy as in a kind, good man, but I bet he's not a "Nice Guy" they are two different things. And the latter are not very nice.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:27 AM

277 posts, read 271,627 times
The problem with nice guys is not that they are nice; they are probably something else in addition to being nice, such as being lazy, being boring, not knowing how to court a woman, having poor self confidence, being nice out of despair not because they are nice by nature, being nice but acting weird, etc. If a guy knows how to treat a woman, is stable emotionally, knows how to take gentle charge, and is nice - he will keep a woman interested. Niceness is not a problem, it's an asset.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:24 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
The problem with nice guys is not that they are nice; they are probably something else in addition to being nice, such as being lazy, being boring, not knowing how to court a woman, having poor self confidence, being nice out of despair not because they are nice by nature, being nice but acting weird, etc. If a guy knows how to treat a woman, is stable emotionally, knows how to take gentle charge, and is nice - he will keep a woman interested. Niceness is not a problem, it's an asset.
Unless they just don't really have anything else going on and fall back on "well, I'm nice..."

There is a singles ad on a site where I post, where this guy who has been trying to get something going on for months finally got all fed up and was upset that "he's a really nice guy and no one is giving him a chance, and what is he doing wrong??" That thing. Well, he has tried to initiate conversations with me about a bajillion times, and I ignore him...I don't ignore everyone, but I ignore him. Why? #1- His constant attempts make him sound super thirsty, despite his most recent post being about wanting to make friends with no expectations. #2- (And this is HUGE) He has nothing of substance to say. I get message after message that's like:

Hi.
Hey.
What's up.
How are you?
Hey.

I have a wall of text on my profile on that page, which should indicate that I am pretty darn literate and probably prefer intellectual discourse over a conversational "poke." And in that particular community of folks, most are fairly geeky and intellectual. He looks geeky, but he comes off like a moron. Nothing of substance whatsoever to say.

Now, I've been told that if you're a guy, it's a "numbers game." You fire off hundreds of "Hey" messages to hundreds of women, and someone is bound to like your pic (or heaven help us, your "d" pic) and respond. If this is a successful strategy, then why do so many of these men wind up playing the "woe is me, what am I doing wrong?" game? I'll probably see this player out at the bar on Friday, we're both going to the same social gathering there, and I'm gonna tell him why his approach falls so flat. At this point, just due to the fact that I said, "yeah feel free to say hi, I'm friendly. " he probably thinks I'm a sure thing for an intimate encounter. Nope.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:27 PM

579 posts, read 555,914 times
Just general lack of compatibility. Because nice isn't everything. Or lack of attraction.

Also a lot of self proclaimed "nice guys" aren't that nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships