Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 02:37 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yeah, but he won't have to crop you out then when he starts dating some new jealous woman. It's pre-emptive cropping.
Yup.

I would not be cool with him doing that.

If he posted pics of me on there and he happened to crop one because his focus was the baby? No problem. If he has none and he crops me out? Not cool.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
He's cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 04:39 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleMitchell View Post
Our relationship is no secret on a very large scale. And I can agree that perhaps its just not his style. But it still hurts a little, and makes me wonder if he is trying to make it seem as though our relationship isn't what it is to certain people.
If you have a child with him and he's posting THAT, it must be pretty clear you're a girlfriend, at the least. I'd be less concerned about the social media side and why he's not more committed in general to your family.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:54 PM

80 posts, read 63,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
If you have a child with him and he's posting THAT, it must be pretty clear you're a girlfriend, at the least. I'd be less concerned about the social media side and why he's not more committed in general to your family.
I agree. And I think that bigger issue is what's making feel as though this is an issue.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:45 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
I'm pretty sure that cropped picture isn't the only thing making you feel like you are in second place to your shared child in your boyfriend's mind.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:56 AM

745 posts, read 801,331 times
This is why I don't do facebook...

Crazy jealous women

Old 08-03-2015, 12:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I'm pretty sure that cropped picture isn't the only thing making you feel like you are in second place to your shared child in your boyfriend's mind.
I agree. If my husband did that to me on Facebook, I wouldn't even notice. But that's because our relationship is solid. I don't think this relationship is solid.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:29 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
I have cropped my wife out of pictures, but it wasn't to avoid others knowing about her it was simply because what I was trying to show in that picture was better served by cropping it to be the focus of it instead of everything else else in it.

...Your issues are not just pictures. You would have had to be looking for this stuff in the way you see it to have seen it the way you did.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:07 PM

76 posts, read 66,318 times
Quote:
My boyfriend doesn't post any pictures of me on his social media - which to date hasn't really bothered me much. But he recently had a picture of our daughter up where she was sitting in my lap, and he actually cropped my face out of the picture. I said something to him, and his response was "how can I get her face and your hair". But my hair was in a bun, and clearly in no way obstructing her face.

I told him I feel like a closet girlfriend. He said everyone knows your girlfriend. What do you want, me to hold your hand in town with a white picket fence? :/ I don't think he has to profess our relationship in an over the top way, but i dont want to feel like he is downplaying it either.

Should i have an issue with this, or is it really no big deal?
I say if your good for him to have a child with you should be good for him to show off. Your his child mother a picture of you and your daughter should be nothing to upload.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
I don't have an issue with him posting pictures of her. I post pics of him, and her and us. My issue is that I was clearly cropped out. Why? That's what hurt.
I think you know the answer. Why do you keep asking as if you don't know?

It's obvious to most everyone that you are not the important one in this relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships