Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 03:50 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I make about 15K a month and my monthly average spending is 4-5k a month no matter how extravagant I live

So I'm not too worried about money
You contradicted yourself again. Later you said she won't be allowed to fritter away your money "on crap she doesn't need".

You totally missed the point of what was being discussed re: similar financial goals and spending styles. You're so busy dismissing every piece of advice people offer, that you don't see how much that advice is in line with your own preferences and thinking, and would actually be helpful to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 03:53 PM

837 posts, read 753,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You contradicted yourself again. Later you said she won't be allowed to fritter away your money "on crap she doesn't need".

You totally missed the point of what was being discussed re: similar financial goals and spending styles. You're so busy dismissing every piece of advice people offer, that you don't see how much that advice is in line with your own preferences and thinking, and would actually be helpful to you.

You're right

I was putting that into a different category mentally I suppose...

Old 08-04-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
You're right

I was putting that into a different category mentally I suppose...
Do you realize that if she chooses not to work, and to dedicate her life to doing your vacuuming & laundry for you, that you'll have to build a good retirement fund for her, pay for her vacations for her, buy her clothes and car, insure and buy gas for her car, and who knows, maybe put her through school, or something? And what if she turns out to be like a couple of women other guys like you have fretted about on this forum: she's fine with you paying for everything including her schooling, but won't lift a finger around the house, and doesn't know how to cook? What if she plays you for the bling wedding ring and the condo, then tells you to do your own d@mn laundry, cleaning and cooking?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Do you realize that if she chooses not to work, and to dedicate her life to doing your vacuuming & laundry for you, that you'll have to build a good retirement fund for her, pay for her vacations for her, buy her clothes and car, insure and buy gas for her car, and who knows, maybe put her through school, or something?

that would be okay. I doubt I'll make less than 170 - 350+K at any point the rest of my life. I have some business plans and some very wealthy friends. I have big plans for the future. I also work at a fantastic dealership that's been around for a long time

Quote:
And what if she turns out to be like a couple of women other guys like you have fretted about on this forum: she's fine with you paying for everything including her schooling, but won't lift a finger around the house, and doesn't know how to cook? What if she plays you for the bling wedding ring and the condo, then tells you to do your own d@mn laundry, cleaning and cooking?

You're asking what happens if I meet someone who wants me to pay for everything and is not interested in helping out in any other way?

Well you would certainly hope I'll be smart enough to avoid marrying someone like that

Old 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:

You're asking what happens if I meet someone who wants me to pay for everything and is not interested in helping out in any other way?

Well you would certainly hope I'll be smart enough to avoid marrying someone like that
Let's hope! But if she has your dream bootie, and is raring to go in bed, you could turn to putty.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Let's hope! But if she has your dream bootie, and is raring to go in bed, you could turn to putty.

that's a good point, but I do generally have some self respect and standards in this regard

although, the more and more time I spend perma-single, the more my self respect and standards start to erode

Old 08-04-2015, 04:16 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times
Quote:
that's a good point, but I do generally have some self respect and standards in this regard
what does this even mean? you claim that NO attractive women are interested in you. now you're saying that if by some miracle, an extremely attractive woman was begging to have sex with you, you would say no because of your "standards" and "character"?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:19 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
Quote:
I make about 15K a month and my monthly average spending is 4-5k a month no matter how extravagant I live

So I'm not too worried about money
My Point
---------------
Your head

My whole point was about finances, not income.

It doesn't matter how much you make, the points I made come up in every marriage be you dirt poor or a millionaire.

Quote:
No I have not, I've wanted a girlfriend forever to no avail.

But my best friends are clones of me and I love them dearly...with the obvious exception that they treat women like **** and I'm vehemently against that.
Quote:
My friends are awesome to me. I can't say they have impeccable character traits cause they are awful to women

I try to go out of my way to treat people great in general and always do the right thing. I can't control what others do
Has nobody ever explained to you that "You are the company you keep

As a woman I would never be interested in a guy who's friends are all jerks to women. You might say you act different but by being with them you passively approve of their behavior.

Plus I wouldn't want to have to be friends with your ******* friends.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
My Point
---------------
Your head

My whole point was about finances, not income.

It doesn't matter how much you make, the points I made come up in every marriage be you dirt poor or a millionaire.

That's a good point but it's just not a major concern for me at this point because I don't have kids or a family.

But yes, you're right...I don't want to date somebody who is reckless with money.

Quote:
Has nobody ever explained to you that "You are the company you keep

As a woman I would never be interested in a guy who's friends are all jerks to women. You might say you act different but by being with them you passively approve of their behavior.

Plus I wouldn't want to have to be friends with your ******* friends.

My friends are awesome unless you're dating them, lol.

They're friendly, funny, genuine, generous, caring, etc... Just don't date them and you will love them.

I should be more fair, my one friend pumps and dumps a lot of women but if he were to have a serious girlfriend, he would be loyal and monogamous. He's vehemently against cheating like I am...he just finds something wrong with every one of the 10,000 women he's with.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:

I should be more fair, my one friend pumps and dumps a lot of women but if he were to have a serious girlfriend, he would be loyal and monogamous. He's vehemently against cheating like I am...he just finds something wrong with every one of the 10,000 women he's with.
You know, I think we've seriously veered into the realm of TMI. In fact, we probably crossed that line many threads ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships