Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 03:49 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowed View Post
It's not cheating. I just like to feel flattered, especially him since he's very good looking and older than me. He gives me intense stares and when he looks at me, I blush a lot. Because I know he likes to look at me, and him doing that gives me a boost, I dress nicer for him.

Is it wrong for a married man to look at someone he finds attractive? Just this and other silent flirting, but we both know we are highly attracted to each other.
OP: If you were married and loved your husband with all your heart, and you found out he was deeply staring into the eyes of another women (who was also enjoying those stares) and your husband was enjoying those stares too and looking back at her too and she was dressing nicely for all the times he was looking at her, would you be hurt or worried? ....Be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 03:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
I am "the wife". My husband is in this identical situation...that the young lady started with him. NO I do not like it.
We went through a similar thing, too. It was all fun and games until he developed feelings for her. I forgave him because he had the sense to cut off contact before it got physical, and was man enough to 'fess up to me.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:53 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
We went through a similar thing, too. It was all fun and games until he developed feelings for her. I forgave him because he had the sense to cut off contact before it got physical, and was man enough to 'fess up to me.
I'm proud of both of you for getting through all that.
Very proud of your husband for fessing up...
Very proud of you for forgiving him.
Both of you could have run the other way - I'm glad you didn't... I hope your relationship continues to grow and your love for each other, never ends...

Old 08-05-2015, 03:53 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
OP: If you were married and loved your husband with all your heart, and you found out he was deeply staring into the eyes of another women (who was also enjoying those stares) and your husband was enjoying those stares too and looking back at her too and she was dressing nicely for all the times he was looking at her, would you be hurt or worried? ....Be honest.
I'll answer for her--she wouldn't tolerate it.

Attention is like crack to the thirsty woman, though.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:58 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post

And...

OP:

Nothing good can come from engaging with those who seek attention and external validation from someone who isn't their partner.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:59 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post

You mean 'attention' is like 'water' to the thirsty woman?

See 'crack' gives the illusion of a plumber stooping over the... You get the idea.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:04 PM

833 posts, read 657,867 times
Hey OP you can always buy makeup and dresses to look pretty but class which makes someone truly look the best can't be bought. And those who go after a married man don't show any.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:08 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You mean 'attention' is like 'water' to the thirsty woman?

See 'crack' gives the illusion of a plumber stooping over the... You get the idea.
Yeah, bad wording there--but it's definitely like crack to them. Crack mixed with meth.

What sensible, mature, self-assured woman would even entertain a married idiot? Women with options make smart decisions--the desperate will go for the married idiot, giving no thought to how bad it's gonna end.

"omg, he's here!!!! Let me go in the breakroom while he's in there!!! HE LOOKED AT ME!!!!"

Lol, she's 'flattered' at being a potential side chick.

Old 08-05-2015, 04:15 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
OP: I know you are in a haze of a "crush" right now and you don't want anyone to damage your bubble that surrounds you to your married man. Did you EVER stop to think he is NOT being nice, by giving you extra long stares and smiles WHILE he is married. (what does that say about him? Open your eyes)

If you told me he was single and staring at you, then I would wish you well....

But he is NOT single. If he wanted to be single, he would be single....so he could stare at you all day and ask you out. But this is going to lead to more and you know it. I believe you wished it would lead to more.....

The fact that you posting here, waiting for us to give you the green light. You really are enjoying it the attention. But if this continues and you both don't stop, in the end, his wife is going to be hurt, and you will (surprise,surprise) get hurt too, should you develop deep feelings for this man. He won't leave his wife (surprise again) because financially it is never feasible to leave your wife for your fling, mistress or girlfriend....

Old 08-05-2015, 04:24 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
OP: I know you are in a haze of a "crush" right now and you don't want anyone to damage your bubble that surrounds you to your married man. Did you EVER stop to think he is NOT being nice, by giving you extra long stares and smiles WHILE he is married. (what does that say about him? Open your eyes)

If you told me he was single and staring at you, then I would wish you well....

But he is NOT single. If he wanted to be single, he would be single....so he could stare at you all day and ask you out. But this is going to lead to more and you know it. I believe you wished it would lead to more.....

The fact that you posting here, waiting for us to give you the green light. You really are enjoying it the attention. But if this continues and you both don't stop, in the end, his wife is going to be hurt, and you will (surprise,surprise) get hurt too, should you develop deep feelings for this man. He won't leave his wife (surprise again) because financially it is never feasible to leave your wife for your fling, mistress or girlfriend....
OP:

I would not be surprised if all he wants is a fling with you.

That says a lot about his lack of character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships