Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:20 PM

739 posts, read 843,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Don't string her along.

Let her meet a nice fat guy.
I guess this is supposed to be a joke but I wonder if I wasn't stringing her along by being perhaps too friendly. I know she's probably gone through hell while playing the dating game so I figured I would talk to her like a human being and treat her respectfully. Hopefully that isn't considered stringing her along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 11:01 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
But how else do you do it without coming across as a jerk?
Are you joking? What do you normally do after first dates when theres no interest?

Old 08-09-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Are you joking? What do you normally do after first dates when theres no interest?
Are you being snarky?

It doesn't matter what I normally do. I'm asking the best way to handle THIS situation. If there's no connection, there's usually no connection at all (physical or otherwise). This situation was different. We clicked but there was no romantic spark...you don't know anyone that you enjoy talking to but you don't exactly see them in a romantic light?

Old 08-10-2015, 12:16 AM

479 posts, read 431,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelavie View Post
Be honest with her. Tell her that you enjoyed spending time with her and would love to be friends, but don't necessarily feel that spark. If she's interested in being friends, she'll tell you. If she isn't, you can part ways. Simple, straightforward communication.
This is it, your best answer, so far...

Psst: Better to tell her now that you see her more as a friend, and not romantically, rather than later... Later would probably be too late to be friends...

Old 08-10-2015, 08:30 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Are you being snarky?

It doesn't matter what I normally do. I'm asking the best way to handle THIS situation. If there's no connection, there's usually no connection at all (physical or otherwise). This situation was different. We clicked but there was no romantic spark...you don't know anyone that you enjoy talking to but you don't exactly see them in a romantic light?
lols...no. I'm being honest. Seems as though you've already determined where its headed. I don't believe in leading anyone on; is there a possibility sparks could happen after you've spent more time together, or are you going by visuals alone? I've always had men friends I hung out with; I didn't meet them on dating sites. Kind of reminds me of the shallow Hal movie.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:35 PM

576 posts, read 824,325 times
If you wanna stay just friends with this girl , do not encourage her moves. For instance,When you're hanging out with her Start talking to all your friends and not just her.Never flirt with her and show any kind of interest ,

If she ever asks you to be her boyfriend, appear serious. You can always say," I'm sorry but I like you as a friend and nothing more.I hope you understand"

Old 08-10-2015, 12:41 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
It's like giving a starving person a plain hotdog when they ordered a pizza with the works

...it can work, but they sure as hell won't be fully satisfied with it

Old 08-10-2015, 02:07 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Considering that you two met for the sole purpose of seeing if you might click, I say no. She never wanted you as just a friend.

If you had a foundation of friendship prior to romantic interest, I would say ok.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
I guess this is supposed to be a joke but I wonder if I wasn't stringing her along by being perhaps too friendly. I know she's probably gone through hell while playing the dating game so I figured I would talk to her like a human being and treat her respectfully. Hopefully that isn't considered stringing her along.
No, no joke. I'm fat and some fat men are nice.And it is considered stringing her along if she was hoping to have a relationship with you.Think about it, do want the chick you want to just pet your head and say, oh he's a nice boy.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastie View Post
This is it, your best answer, so far...

Psst: Better to tell her now that you see her more as a friend, and not romantically, rather than later... Later would probably be too late to be friends...
Ok well I haven't heard from her since. So maybe she decided that I wasn't for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships