Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 09:29 AM

837 posts, read 753,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Nope. I don't want to be in a relationship with the male version of me.

I am married to a man who has some similar interests and who interests me.

We don't look alike. We don't have everything in common. Just enough to make our lives interesting.

Oh, and we don't live in a high COL area, but he makes more money than you and he's not much older than you.

I know a ton of guys who do, actually. Hence my comment about your job being "average."
that's pretty impressive

but you seem to be severely disconnected from reality. Do a little research, for people under age of 35, 100K is top 1% and many of those live in very expensive areas and/or have tons of student loans. 150K under 35 is around top 0.1 to 0.5%. Hell for people under age of 30, 60K is top 10%... top 10% is 1/3 of what I'm making. In the entire country, 170 is top 2% when considering that the average person is around 38 years of age

You're the equivalent of somebody who is born into a very wealthy family who thinks that's the average when the average family out there makes 40-50k a year. Like I said, you're severely disconnected from reality.

Here, it doesn't really matter, I'm not a walking ATM machine, I'm a real person...but I get very annoyed by people who do well who are then damn near delusional about world economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Maybe you're gay.

If I was gay, why would I hide it?

Let's see here - continue to be miserable and torture myself with my perma-single status by pretending to be straight or be gay and have all the dating options I could ever possibly want by going downtown in 1 night.

That's a tough choice

Old 08-18-2015, 09:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
If I was gay, why would I hide it?

Let's see here - continue to be miserable and torture myself with my perma-single status by pretending to be straight or be gay and have all the dating options I could ever possibly want by going downtown in 1 night.

That's a tough choice

Because it would fly in the face of your perception that you are perfect in every way.

And don't kid yourself, you'd have the same issues trying to date if you were gay.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:34 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
that's pretty impressive

but you seem to be severely disconnected from reality. Do a little research, for people under age of 35, 100K is top 1% and many of those live in very expensive areas and/or have tons of student loans. 150K under 35 is around top 0.1 to 0.5%. Hell for people under age of 30, 60K is top 10%... top 10% is 1/3 of what I'm making. In the entire country, 170 is top 2% when considering that the average person is around 38 years of age

You're the equivalent of somebody who is born into a very wealthy family who thinks that's the average when the average family out there makes 40-50k a year. Like I said, you're severely disconnected from reality.

Here, it doesn't really matter, I'm not a walking ATM machine, I'm a real person...but I get very annoyed by people who do well who are then damn near delusional about world economics.
You aren't qualified to judge who's connected to reality or not, especially given your post history.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
that's pretty impressive

No. You're missing the point. I know what the average US salary actually is. You just seem to think you making something closer to the higher end of the curve instantly qualifies you for "above average" status. It's more complicated than that.

I think a nuclear engineer who is attractive and fun to be around is above average. I have a friend who is married to one. They don't make much money.

PhD candidates in interesting fields are "above average."

So are people who start their own businesses that are successful, even if they're not pulling in six figures.

Talking people into buying cars when they already showed up wanting a car? Unimpressive. It's nice that you make a good amount of money doing it, but that dollar figure alone doesn't mean a damned thing.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
No. You're missing the point. I know what the average US salary actually is. You just seem to think you making something closer to the higher end of the curve instantly qualifies you for "above average" status. It's more complicated than that.

I think a nuclear engineer who is attractive and fun to be around is above average. I have a friend who is married to one. They don't make much money.

PhD candidates in interesting fields are "above average."

So are people who start their own businesses that are successful, even if they're not pulling in six figures.

Talking people into buying cars when they already showed up wanting a car? Unimpressive. It's nice that you make a good amount of money doing it, but that dollar figure alone doesn't mean a damned thing.

Exactly. A artist that is getting by on their own making $25k a year is generally far more interesting than a CPA making $100k. It isn't about money.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You aren't qualified to judge who's connected to reality or not, especially given your post history.
Agreed. And, he didn't really get my point. Mine was more "I know too many guys who make what you do or more for your assertions of being in the top .5% of available men (income-wise) to be accurate."

And, I'm definitely not a trust fund baby.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Are you fucking kidding me? You know how much gays go ape sh*t for masculine, good looking, muscular and well dressed men?

I don't live anywhere near the gay part of town and i've had at least 6 or 7 good looking gay men hit on me. One dude at a bar wouldn't stop complimenting me for an hour it felt like, "your arms are amazing", "you're so gorgeous", etc... etc...

Yes, I do. I also know how much women do as well.

Yet you can't get any of those.

Oh, could you hang at a bar on Roscoe and Halsted and get a hook up? Probably. But that is a far cry from dating or having a relationship.

With those you'd have the same darn problems.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Are you fucking kidding me? You know how much gays go ape sh*t for masculine, good looking, muscular and well dressed men?

I don't live anywhere near the gay part of town and i've had at least 6 or 7 good looking gay men hit on me. One dude at a bar wouldn't stop complimenting me for an hour it felt like, "your arms are amazing", "you're so gorgeous", etc... etc...
They want sex, not a relationship.

I agree that you could get laid more easily by an attractive person if you were gay.

I doubt many but gold-diggers would want to date you after they had sex with you a few times, though.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
do you really know the average salary? It's very hard for me to believe that when you make absurd statements like 200K is average when that's top 2% income in the entire country and for people in my age range, it's like top 0.0005%

You know people who make more than that? That's fantastic. One of my 2 best friends is worth 30 million and he's not even 40 years old

HEY GUISE A NET WORTH OF 30 MILLION IS TOTALLY AVERAGE NOW BECAUSE I KNOW SOMEBODY WHO IS LIKE THAT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships