Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 09:38 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times

Advertisements

[quote=Rooknpopcrn1;41006041]Ok ask that happy couple do they have fights at home because the husband didn't clean the bathroom after himself or didn't do the dishes last night. That couple will obviously not tell you about their arguments[/

So you are afraid some woman is going to trick you into cleaning the bathroom after yourself?

Old 08-29-2015, 09:39 AM

13 posts, read 8,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Some ops are full of hate.
Some posters don't see some truth to the reality of marriage that it is a major risk and there are no Garuantees with it

Old 08-29-2015, 09:40 AM

[quote=Harpaint;41006141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooknpopcrn1 View Post
Ok ask that happy couple do they have fights at home because the husband didn't clean the bathroom after himself or didn't do the dishes last night. That couple will obviously not tell you about their arguments[/

So you are afraid some woman is going to trick you into cleaning the bathroom after yourself?
No I clean up after myself but a lot of couples argue over any little thing but they are afraid to broadcast their arguments in public and just keep that smiling face telling everything is just dandy

Old 08-29-2015, 09:52 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
A good marriage has benefits for the guy. Good is the key word. A marriage that involves frequent sex, pleasant companionship/friendship, a reduction in the household management burden, etc. is one that will benefit a man.

A sexless marriage with a lot of fighting and an unpleasant divorce settlement will not benefit a man.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:02 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
I work out daily, play in competitive sports leagues, eat properly, have plenty of friends, and I want absolutely nothing to do with marriage. Does for some reason the fact that I want absolutely nothing to do with modern women and marriage trump the fact that I live a healthy lifestyle? Thus, Im going to die soon because I have no wife? I'm calling b.s. on that article.

Stay single. There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever for men to get married these days.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:03 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
I don't know and this is very cloudy of people saying that marriage is wonderful for a guy. I have co workers who tell me that marriage is not a bed of roses. Sure you hear about communicating to make it work but not always does it work. The wife always wins. She makes the husband side more with her parents than his. And the only reason why guys are stuck after they get married is that they will for sure hit financial crises in the event the marriage goes bad. He is completely forced to do whatever the wife wants.So what my co workers or anywhere I worked that marriage doesn't benefi lt the guy is absolutely true. The couple just doesn't broadcast their home life in public and then that is why you see it that it looks like a couple is happy in which they really aren't

Who tells this stuff. What you are describing is a dysfunctional marriage. I couldn't imagine better reasons TO divorce.

A marriage is about communication AND compromise. If one person is the control freak and brow beats bullies forces the other person into doing things it may last a while but eventually falls apart.

I've been married for almost 20 years. Not one time has my wife forced me to do something I wasn't going to do. Sure the "we have to go to my friends party I know you hate it but can you please wear nice clothes, stop dragging your knuckles and leave the club at home and please speak in syllables not grunts argument comes in play, but if there is some thing I'm not going to do I'm not gonna do it.
And if she wants to divorce me fine. I rather be divorced than in a forced one sided or dysfunctional marriage.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
A good marriage has benefits for the guy. Good is the key word. A marriage that involves frequent sex, pleasant companionship/friendship, a reduction in the household management burden, etc. is one that will benefit a man.

A sexless marriage with a lot of fighting and an unpleasant divorce settlement will not benefit a man.
Yes good is they key word. But very rare in marriages today. Remember people don't broadcast their home life in public or in the media. If that were to happen that would be the end for marriage

Old 08-29-2015, 10:09 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Well there are some women out there who trick the guy into marrying them. They tell them that it is going to be a great life with them. Women really know how to trap a guy for that . And guys don't really see the whole complete picture. They sometimes act like a kid running to the Christmas tree to open presents on Christmas Day and then find nothing but a lump of coal in the beautifully gifted box
You can never be too safe.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-29-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I work out daily, play in competitive sports leagues, eat properly, have plenty of friends, and I want absolutely nothing to do with marriage. Does for some reason the fact that I want absolutely nothing to do with modern women and marriage trump the fact that I live a healthy lifestyle? Thus, Im going to die soon because I have no wife? I'm calling b.s. on that article.

Stay single. There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever for men to get married these days.
very true as i said earlier it is up to the individual to keep himself healthy. I have seen couples completely let themselves go after marriage and even more so when kids come because kids become a high priority

Old 08-29-2015, 10:10 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Some posters don't see some truth to the reality of marriage that it is a major risk and there are no Garuantees with it
No you don't care.
You are probably guy who very unhappy with yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships