Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 12:24 AM

12 posts, read 11,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My post to Mikala wasn't really directed at you, you have a job and are with her already.....

You're GF sounds like she's a social ladder climber, I could be wrong, but I'm probably not.......

You have a job, you're paying your bills, that's all that really matters, at least to me, and that's how I've always viewed the women that I've been with, just be self sufficient.

I've always made way way more money that any woman I've been with so for me, as long as she could pay her own way, I was happy, never mattered what the actual figure was, in you're case it's 30k and hers is 50k.... which is fine, both of those are living wages.... not sure what the issue is.
EXACTLY! That's exactly what I told her! I couldn't have said it better myself, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 01:05 AM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Maybe it's not just the money. Maybe it's also your seeming lack of ( desire) motivation to do anymore than what you have been. While you may content to keep the status quo she may want to do more with her life than live from pay check to pay check and pay the bills on time. I don't see anything wrong with what either of you feel, but I can see where it could lead to issues.
Doesn't sound like she actually said something about YOUR income and you just put two and two together. Are you assuming that she equates you.... with the guy working at MickyD's?
There's more to money than just buying "things". There's saving for the future and building a nest egg for later in life.
Future home ownership, kids, college tuition...
Maybe she went through bad financial times with her ex and she doesn't want to re-visit that.
Anyway it doesn't look like it will end well as you both seem to want different things.

Last edited by Sydney123; 08-30-2015 at 01:15 AM..

Old 08-30-2015, 07:17 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
She sounds a bit snobbish.
There is nothing wrong with working at a fast food restaurant. So, if whoever she was with lost their job and could find nothing else except a fast food place or minimum wage job, she would dump them?

So much for "true love". Why waste your time with her? She has already made it clear that her love is only going to run so deep....with anyone.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:17 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Why don't you tell your girlfriend to take it or leave it?

My guess is that she's shopping for a man who makes more than she does. Don't fight reality.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:35 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
I know managers at McDonald's who earn more than her. She has a problem with them, too?

12 years and all she has to show for it is someone elses -entry level- salary? Her horse isnt so high after all. Her delusions are.

Id be like "girl, please."

Old 08-30-2015, 10:53 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username_1 View Post
I just don't understand how someone can be so judgmental when they are not perfect themselves.

I don't know, what do you guys think?
What is wrong with being judgmental? Everyone is judgmental. No one is perfect. Saying that you don't understand how someone can be so judgmental when they are not perfect themselves makes no sense.

make more money or find another woman.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:50 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Beware:

Hypergamy is real.

It doesn't care about love. It has no remorse. It is powerful.

Hypergamy. Ending relationships since the dawn of time.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:11 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Beware:

Hypergamy is real.

Chin chin!

Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive outlaw View Post
beware:

Hypergamy is real.

shots!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-31-2015, 10:46 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username_1 View Post
Well in her defense, her husband didn't work, and i get that she doesn't want to go through that again, but like i told her, you are trying so hard that its off putting. I have a job, have always held a job, and you make me feel bad for not making as much as you. She said sorry, but Idk. I mean yeah her ex had a job and he couldn't keep it, but I kinda wonder if the reason that they didn't have problems was because she was always nagging him about it.
Is she nagging and complaining because you make less than her or did she just say she wouldn't date anyone who worked at mcdonalds. And did she say had ever worked there or works there.

Gold digging, being with someone only for the money they earn/have and wanting a relationship with someone who financially compatible are not the same things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships