Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 10:44 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times

Advertisements

Are the two of you actually dating? Liking someone a lot is the absolute bare minimum for considering a lifetime commitment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 10:54 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Jealousy is NOT a sign of love!! This behavior is a sign of control, and can be a major relationship problem.
Jealousy is a sign of low self esteem, insecurity and possessiveness, dependency, inadequacy...
You should realize that her jealousy isn't about you; it’s about her.
Do you want to deal with that???

Old 09-01-2015, 10:58 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nka1290 View Post
A certain girl likes me a lot to the point of almost like an obsession (but I would not classify her as a nut case). She gets jealous even with simple things like when I have casual conversations with other girls. On the other hand, she loves me a lot. I also like this girl and I am considering if I should marry her.

If you are married or lived together with someone like her, can you please describe your experience? Is it worth it? What are the pros and cons? Thanks.
You "like" her a lot, and are considering marriage? People don't get married because they "like" someone. Why the rush to marriage? I'm not sure you have a clue what marriage is about, or what kind of process is involved in making such a big decision. How old are the two of you?

Old 09-01-2015, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 2,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Jealousy is NOT a sign of love!! This behavior is a sign of control, and can be a major relationship problem.
Jealousy is a sign of low self esteem, insecurity and possessiveness, dependency, inadequacy...
You should realize that her jealousy isn't about you; it’s about her.
Do you want to deal with that???

Ok. But do you have a personal experience to back that up? I want to avoid the Pavlovian response of "jealousy = nut case or stalker." Couldn't it be a simple case of a girl in love who also has a tendency to get jealous? Btw, I do love her. And I don't want to search another 5-10 years in vain trying to find the "perfect girl" when I have someone who loves me right now.

But I want to hear from people who actually had experience. How was she as your life partner?

Old 09-01-2015, 11:34 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
I swear if you are my brother, I would shake you.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:07 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
People who are jealous to the point that they don't put up with your having casual conversations with someone of the opposite sex are impossible to live with. She'll be questioning your every move (you'll be living with her, if married, so this will be a weekly, if not daily, occurrence). This goes far beyond mere "jealousy". This is extreme insecurity and the need to control. Jealousy as extreme as you describe is a red flag for future abuse, either emotional or physical, or both.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nka1290 View Post
A certain girl likes me a lot to the point of almost like an obsession (but I would not classify her as a nut case). She gets jealous even with simple things like when I have casual conversations with other girls. On the other hand, she loves me a lot. I also like this girl and I am considering if I should marry her.

If you are married or lived together with someone like her, can you please describe your experience? Is it worth it? What are the pros and cons? Thanks.
Does she have to be the center of your attention all the time? if so then I would not recommend marrying her because it gets old fast, the jealousy gets old too.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:24 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
You should attend a series of premarital counseling sessions AFTER you have a heart to heart about her jealous reactions AND get her to agree to work on the underlying issues before you propose.

If you love her and you think you have a good chance of getting through the tough times of marriage, then go for it.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:29 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
(Her) Jealousy will drive you to insanity...
Do not - repeat do not - marry someone who is jealous as it will ruin any chances you have of a meaningful, long term relationship.

A girl friend I once had would go ape $hit if I looked at someone in traffic... I ended that the day she went crazy and had a fit when I was ordering food for dinner at a steak house with a waitress I went to school with...

Don't allow yourself to get into this kind of relationship - it'll drive you crazy quickly!

Old 09-01-2015, 04:35 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
I think I could deal with it at this point in my life. It's better than the alternative, eternal loneliness starting in your late 30's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships