Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Over the past couple of weeks I have had a bit of a flirtation going with a vendor at work. Didn't think it would go anywhere because of the whole "work" thing - he is not a coworker, but we have lots of projects to work on together. He also doesn't live in my state. He is not in our office often, but we'd see each other once every few weeks.

We've been friendly since we started working together, and he has a congenial relationship with most of my teammates. I didn't think anything of his friendliness, as he is pretty friendly with everyone. He is also complementary towards me, and I have heard from other people on my team that he has positive things to say about me. But you know, that was all work stuff!

Anyway over the past month or so it felt like things had been escalating. The past couple of visits he has been throwing out some signals, and we have talked more about personal stuff - hobbies and the like in our one on one meetings. Throw in some shoulder grabs and hugs and it starts looking like full on flirting.

Today we reached the apex and we went out to lunch (usually we eat at work - there is free food). Conversation was a breeze, and we discovered we have tons in common - upbringing, interests, outlook. He dropped some hints about being single and asked me point blank about my own relationship status. Yay we are both single! We talked about family, movies, dating adventures and more. Every sentence was like "OMG, you like that too!" It was totally one of those connections where you felt like you had known each other forever.

After lunch I liked him so much more. It was just super easy to talk to him! Then we had to go back to work for more group meetings.

We didn't wrap up with a next step, but we have more meetings this week. This crush caught me by surprise, and I think for him as well. To be continued!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 06:15 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
Escalating? Sounds like it is going downhill to me. You live in different states, only see each other every few weeks and have work projects together. Nothing too exciting about any of that. Do you really want to get seriously involved/tied to someone with all of those obstacles? Good luck with that.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:39 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Hey, jade, that's great! But yeah, rose has a point--what about the long-distance thing? Any chance he might be persuaded to move to the Bay Area over time? He's dropping hints--that's a good sign! I'm happy for you. Please keep us posted.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:41 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
It sounds like it is going well from what I read... If both sides are enjoying even if it takes a while due to distance, I say why not? Have fun and enjoy! Hope it "escalates" in the direction and pace of your liking.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hey, jade, that's great! But yeah, rose has a point--what about the long-distance thing? Any chance he might be persuaded to move to the Bay Area over time? He's dropping hints--that's a good sign! I'm happy for you. Please keep us posted.
He used to live in the Bay, and has close family and friends here. He also has work projects (not with me) here on a regular basis. I think he also kept his lease. On the flip side, i have good friends and lots of cousins that live where he does. Before all the flirting, we talked about me visiting too. I am overdue for a trip.

Not like anything has to get decided now. But the distance isn't a deal breaker at this stage, it is totally worth getting to know each other more. We were on our way for a good friendship till chemistry got in the way.

Although we are working on projects together, i am far out of the loop on vendor selection and billing and technically they aren't in my job description. There isn't a conflict of interest worry.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:58 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
It's nice to hear about a date going well. Best wishes!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:13 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
He used to live in the Bay, and has close family and friends here. He also has work projects (not with me) here on a regular basis. I think he also kept his lease. On the flip side, i have good friends and lots of cousins that live where he does. Before all the flirting, we talked about me visiting too. I am overdue for a trip.

Not like anything has to get decided now. But the distance isn't a deal breaker at this stage, it is totally worth getting to know each other more. We were on our way for a good friendship till chemistry got in the way.

Although we are working on projects together, i am far out of the loop on vendor selection and billing and technically they aren't in my job description. There isn't a conflict of interest worry.
That's awesome!!!

So nice to hear you both having a lot in common. I hope it works out for you both.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:11 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Awesome! Connecting is such a beautiful thing, enjoy!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:02 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
That's great!

LDR's can work out if the people involved are mature enough to handle all that comes along with that. But as you said, nothing is being decided upon right now so I say to enjoy it, embrace the chemistry, keep establishing the connection, and have fun!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:15 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Over the past couple of weeks I have had a bit of a flirtation going with a vendor at work. Didn't think it would go anywhere because of the whole "work" thing - he is not a coworker, but we have lots of projects to work on together. He also doesn't live in my state. He is not in our office often, but we'd see each other once every few weeks.

We've been friendly since we started working together, and he has a congenial relationship with most of my teammates. I didn't think anything of his friendliness, as he is pretty friendly with everyone. He is also complementary towards me, and I have heard from other people on my team that he has positive things to say about me. But you know, that was all work stuff!

Anyway over the past month or so it felt like things had been escalating. The past couple of visits he has been throwing out some signals, and we have talked more about personal stuff - hobbies and the like in our one on one meetings. Throw in some shoulder grabs and hugs and it starts looking like full on flirting.

Today we reached the apex and we went out to lunch (usually we eat at work - there is free food). Conversation was a breeze, and we discovered we have tons in common - upbringing, interests, outlook. He dropped some hints about being single and asked me point blank about my own relationship status. Yay we are both single! We talked about family, movies, dating adventures and more. Every sentence was like "OMG, you like that too!" It was totally one of those connections where you felt like you had known each other forever.

After lunch I liked him so much more. It was just super easy to talk to him! Then we had to go back to work for more group meetings.

We didn't wrap up with a next step, but we have more meetings this week. This crush caught me by surprise, and I think for him as well. To be continued!
Sounds good so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships