Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 09:51 AM

8 posts, read 41,117 times

Advertisements

I’ve been sexually & emotionally abused in the past forabout 3 years. Following which I got molested again. As a result of this, I told my current bf that I often feel victimized in certain situations. I also tell him several other things that bother me, and he seems to be extremely understanding and supportive. HOWEVER, when he gets mad or we have a fight, he throws all my insecurities right back at me. I feel like I can confide in him when he’s NOT mad. But as soon as we’re fighting, he feels like it’s fair game to throw everything that he KNOWS will hurt me at me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 09:58 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times
How is he understanding and supportive if he says things to intentionally hurt you?

Old 09-09-2015, 10:00 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Low blow.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:09 AM

8 posts, read 41,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
How is he understanding and supportive if he says things to intentionally hurt you?
Well that's what I don't get. He's super supportive if it's not a fight, and we're normal. But as soon as he's angry, he says whatever he wants to release his frustration.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:13 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Examples?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-09-2015, 10:20 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
That's an absolutely unacceptable way to "release frustrations". Please, I know it's hard, but please do not tolerate this sort of thing in any relationship. He will only continue and certainly get worse. You were a victim by circumstance in the past, if you accept foul treatment, then you are a victim by choice. A man who loves you will 100% NOT throw that information in your face whenever he gets "mad". Seriously, walk away - this IS emotional abuse.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:28 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,287,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That's an absolutely unacceptable way to "release frustrations". Please, I know it's hard, but please do not tolerate this sort of thing in any relationship. He will only continue and certainly get worse. You were a victim by circumstance in the past, if you accept foul treatment, then you are a victim by choice. A man who loves you will 100% NOT throw that information in your face whenever he gets "mad". Seriously, walk away - this IS emotional abuse.

This.

That is not a healthy relationship. That is not how you should be treated. Walk away before it escalates and becomes worse.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:37 AM

94 posts, read 104,903 times
Just my opinion, but I think he has a hard time accepting what you've been through with the abuse. You guys don't sound like a good match.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapes View Post
Well that's what I don't get. He's super supportive if it's not a fight, and we're normal. But as soon as he's angry, he says whatever he wants to release his frustration.

I firmly believe that people's true colors come out when they are angry or frustrated. Being angry or frustrated at times is a fact of life, but we all have a choice of how we deal with it. For me, if someone becomes abusive when they are dealing with these emotions, it is on them to do work to keep them in check or lose me on their life- simple as that.

Hurt people hurt. Meaning that when someone is hurting either emotionally or physically, they can have a tendency to hurt those close to them. Frankly, considering what you've been through in your past, I can't imagine that it would be healthy for you to stay in this situation.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:46 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,669,774 times
I'm sorry, but your boyfriend is not the man for you. If he truly loved you he wouldn't intentionally hurt you even during a fight. He's an emotional abuser who can keep it in check until he gets mad. You deserve better, please move on before it gets worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships