Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 01:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
There are actually a variety of good reasons, one being money. Over the counter remedies cost a lot of money that many parents, or rather, good parents, put towards their child's needs instead of their own vanity. Well worth it. That said, I will say that over-eating is no excuse. New parents will need time to adjust and if that means gaining weight so be it. There will be a time when you will be able to manage wife/kids/job, etc. and have time to work out.
True, that.

If it comes down to putting money toward something for my kid, versus paying my stylist a not-insignificant fee to cover up white hairs springing up along my part, doing for my kid will win out every time. I'm not that vain. Nor do I hate the snow whites, truth be told. Just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You read it here first folks!

Women are to blame for the greying process!

If women just shut their mouths and put on burqas, tied themselves to the stove like Good Women Should do, no men would be bald either!!

Hah, I wonder who's causing MINE, as a woman! They're not grey, though, they're WHITE!

Old 09-16-2015, 07:36 PM

81 posts, read 72,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysouth View Post
There is no excuse for not keeping yourself up in this day and age. Sorry. Plenty of over the counter remedies for acne, gray hair, obesity, etc.
Apparently there is no cure for shallow, judgmental, self-righteous snottiness, though.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
You read it here first folks!

Women are to blame for the greying process!

If women just shut their mouths and put on burqas, tied themselves to the stove like Good Women Should do, no men would be bald either!!

no burkas

Old 09-17-2015, 05:30 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Hah, I wonder who's causing MINE, as a woman! They're not grey, though, they're WHITE!
kids
if anything your awesome hubby is slowing the process with pure not watered down awesomeness...
BAM that just happened

Old 09-17-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
kids
if anything your awesome hubby is slowing the process with pure not watered down awesomeness...
BAM that just happened

I don't have kids.

Maybe in a few days. Well, one, anyway.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:42 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Who is "they"? The wives or the husbands?
The wives

Old 09-17-2015, 10:51 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I don't have kids.

Maybe in a few days. Well, one, anyway.
You're in the home stretch now!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
The wives
I see that quite a bit too, and it's sad. Why would they not want to look good for their man (and vice versa)? You've got give each other something to look forward to coming home to.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:22 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I see that quite a bit too, and it's sad. Why would they not want to look good for their man (and vice versa)? You've got give each other something to look forward to coming home to.
Yeah. It happens but hey that is how it goes. Most of the men I deal with sound pretty much the same way. They have reached a point in their lives where they just do not care anymore. I call it the married man syndrome although I do not buy into the whole idea that marriage itself is what causes people to simply not care anymore and let themselves go and get all out of shape and neglect their appearance. I started a similar thread either last year or 2013.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships