Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 02:15 AM

17 posts, read 11,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I think these men must believe that their "Hi" message is special in some way and it's going to stand out from the crowd and win you over from all the other "Hi" messages you get. It's pretty amusing, isn't it?

This strategy must be working for them though, because if it wasn't working, the relationship board would be filled to overflowing with men complaining about not being able to get a date. Oh wait...
The OP's strategy of being an entitled princess doesn't seem to be working out for her, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 02:17 AM

474 posts, read 384,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeSeth View Post
I joined a dating site and almost every message is hello or some variation. I'm so tired of it. How do they expect to start a conversation that way? I feel like I'm surrounded by the socially inept. I want to meet someone but the thought of it carrying on like this just depresses me. Hardly anyone makes a real effort. A few of them make some comment about my profile and whatnot but it's always something ordinary, like they're not even trying. Whatever happened to the art of conversation?
Do you make an effort?

Old 09-20-2015, 02:17 AM

361 posts, read 333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bosche View Post
What the OP wants and what the OP is going to get are two different things. If she thinks she can waltz through life expecting men to bend over backwards to write her poetry or amuse her like clowns, she's never going to find anyone. She can spit out her dummy all she likes, it makes no difference.
This was hilarious. Online dating overall sucks in my opinion because it is not "real". I am curious as to what type of detailed response the OP would expect since she is nothing more than a stranger behind a screen-low investment communication should be expected.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:29 AM

17 posts, read 4,452 times
Any female who thinks she deserves to be wowed in the first message should try this...

Create a fake profile of a man.
Send out lots of well thought out messages to women.
When you get no replies, try harder
When you still get no replies, guess what you'll end up doing? That's right.

"Ladies", if you want an interesting conversation, it has to be built from the ground up. A man with self respect will only make an extra effort for a woman who has proven that she has substance. If "Hi" isn't good enough for you, then I suggest you date the one person in this world who worships you, which is yourself. No one else cares.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:44 AM

21 posts, read 16,474 times
I used to make an effort in all my messages. I knew that not all of them would get a reply, but it amazed me how few did. I'd say it was 1 out of every 50 that would respond. And out of that tiny number they would all flake out after a few exchanges. Total waste of time. And the profiles. Ugh. After that I couldn't be bothered any more so I just did the old cut and paste. I got more responses but the quality of the women was just as bad. Not worth it. The sad thing is, these women are really and truly indicative of what's out there. Honestly if it wasn't for the male sex drive, no one, but no one, would pay any of these people any attention whatsoever.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:54 AM

399 posts, read 547,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeSeth View Post
I joined a dating site and almost every message is hello or some variation. I'm so tired of it. How do they expect to start a conversation that way? I feel like I'm surrounded by the socially inept. I want to meet someone but the thought of it carrying on like this just depresses me. Hardly anyone makes a real effort. A few of them make some comment about my profile and whatnot but it's always something ordinary, like they're not even trying. Whatever happened to the art of conversation?
WTF do u think u r? Are you a 10? Or a 9? What makes you think a simple and friendly hello is inadequate?

Old 09-20-2015, 03:02 AM

399 posts, read 547,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauriene View Post
Yes, and perhaps some caviar would please her majesty too. Only the finest, of course.
LOL. American women are in the process of realizing feminism is biting them in the ass and is making them much LESS happy. Uhuh

Old 09-20-2015, 03:11 AM

41 posts, read 27,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyTangerine View Post
Dang, so many salty dudes! The vitriol is intense and edgy!

OP, look at the men's profiles. If they are appealing (looks, hobbies, habits, lifestyle) YOU lead the conversation. Draw them out. I bet more than a few are interesting once you get the ball rolling.
She'll never know. Women like that never change, and at the end of the day it's they who suffer. The years will pass by and before she knows it, her value will be 30% of what it once was, and that's when the excuses will start. Then again, I'm sure she's already started making them. Anyway who cares.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipe Pirripe View Post
Most of them aren't worth more than 5 seconds of effort sweetie.
Then don't write to them in the first place. Doesn't take a PhD to figure that out.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:15 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Garston View Post
Any female who thinks she deserves to be wowed in the first message should try this...
Seriously, it's not that difficult. You were given a fine example earlier on. Let's take this step by step:

1) You see someone you are interested in reading further about.

2) You read their profile.

3) You read that she likes to go hiking, or swimming, or water skiing, or works with animals, or is finishing up her degree, whatever.

4) You decide to respond. You have two choices.

a) You can write: "Hey", send it off, and wonder why you don't find quality people.
b) You can write something like: "Hi. I saw your profile and wanted to get to know you. I see that you are finishing up your degree. What are you studying?"

If you think that 'b' was "wowing" someone, or "treating them like royalty", don't ever come on to this forum and ask: "Why can't I find a good person? I always seem to get the gold diggers who only want guys who are 10s"

What does "a" show? As someone said, it shows that you put zero effort in to meeting someone, and we already know that you sent that same message off to a dozen others.

What does "b" show? That you actually took the time to read the profile, and really ARE interested in getting to know more about the person.

If guys think that is too hard, a dating website is not going to help them...nothing is going to help them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships