Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:10 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Honestly, until my mid-thirties I was against marriage.... for me.

I felt no need to publicly declare that everyone should share my views.

As I have advised men before: 1) if you don't want to marry, don't; and 2) if you do marry, marry someone who is a financial equal, do a prenup.

Life is easy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 06:32 PM

138 posts, read 233,233 times
OP got what he paid for.

Learn from that.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:51 PM

119 posts, read 106,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Marriage is the only way to bring someone here who lives in Russia, she can't just be your gf. And I assume OP was unable to find a women here to date or he wouldn't have gone overseas in the first place.
Well in America the gender ratio is off in certain states. There is more men than women so it gives women the upper hand to be pickier. I live in California and there are more males than women so it makes quite hard to find a mate.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:02 AM

125 posts, read 124,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locust225 View Post
Well in America the gender ratio is off in certain states. There is more men than women so it gives women the upper hand to be pickier. I live in California and there are more males than women so it makes quite hard to find a mate.
California is 51% female, 49% male. The only states with more men than women area Alaska and Wyoming.

Population Distribution by Gender | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Old 10-02-2015, 08:11 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Personally I think that the underlying thing that gets a little tiresome is the utter lack of personal accountability.

"I'm unhappy and none of it is my fault."

Lookie look at all the myriad of places I can point my finger to blame for my own unhappy state.

Society.
Women.
A particular woman.
The looks/genetics I was born with.
Wealthier or prettier men for attracting the women I want.
Feminism.
Some broad from my past who hurt me and broke me.
My mother.
The courts/laws/etc

etc etc etc you name it on and on

Meanwhile, really, there's only ONE person who has cause to care that you (any given "you" in general) is unhappy. Only one person who can change anything for ya. And nobody else really has any obligation whatsoever to even care if you are happy or not. All this "you're a special snowflake entitled to happily ever after" nonsense we are raised to believe here is a bunch of baloney. Too many people are so wrapped up in this notion that they are the main character in the film of their own life and everyone else only exists insofar as they affect Player 1 in the game. It doesn't work that way. Everyone else is walking around having their own experience. Including women. Counting on another human being to be a necessary component of your idea of a perfect life is just foolish, unless you can be absolutely certain that you're giving them THEIR idea of happily ever after at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships