Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2016, 12:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCutty View Post
Maybe you were shooting too far out of your league. You should try online dating. It's like a dating catalog for women. You will be able to get your male model that you seem to want.
She never said she wanted that. She was parodying the unrealistic and persistent illusions C-D men have of women's lives.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:55 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
The first quote you responded to isn't a good long-term option either. That male model that will message her? There's a pretty legit chance he can do the same with other women as well. After all, he's a model, so he could pull it off. What incentive does he have to stick around for the long term, if there's tons of other women after him as well?
Agreed. That's as temporary as the sugar baby route.

She gets a model who is sleeping with 20+ other women, and probably is just gonna treat her like a booty-call and drop her after getting bored. What's good about that if she's looking for a long-term relationship?

Used for sex, and a bed-post notch is the same as being used for money by the hot gold-digger. And the man will hold more power in both of these situations. 1 has the money, and can cut that off whenever he sees fit, or gets tired of the girl. The other says the looks, and money that he can cut off, by dumping the girl any time he sees fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She never said she wanted that. She was parodying the unrealistic and persistent illusions C-D men have of women's lives.
This as well. Some men here seem to think only hot men ever reject women. Plenty of average, and even ugly men can turn down a woman, even rudely, if she's not the particular one they had their eye on.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm very mad.

Why wouldn't I be?

You would be mad too if you were a man and had to work for everything you have, instead of just being given everything on a silver platter.
Who gets given everything on a silver platter?

Your anger seems to stem from some kind of fantasies you spin in your mind. It's your mind that's doing a number on you.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:56 PM

58 posts, read 43,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
...because your a man. It's supposed to be competitive. Nut up and take a seat at the table or just give up. It is called evolution for a reason. If you can't adapt, you don't get to pass on your genes.

It's really that simple.
So I need to act like a man, but women can act like men and/or women interchangeably when it benefits them and are still entitled to everything they want in life.

Gotcha. Just proving my point.

Quote:
Generally speaking, I agree with the things you're saying (albeit not in the same manner), but I do love playing devil's advocate, so I can't help myself.
These are very small things, but they are all biological in nature, not sociological constraints that have been specifically created to disempower men.

Quote:
Here's some examples of male privilege/benefits that you may be experiencing without knowing about it:

- You're not as obligated to focus on your looks as intensely. Since men tend to value physical attraction more highly than women do, you can get away with a proverbial "dad bod", or balding, etc. without it hindering the quality of women that show interest in you too much.
This is changing and is personally not something that I've noticed. I find that women are just as superficial as men, while demanding way more in other areas (such as finances).

Quote:
- You are physically stronger. Not that it matters terribly much in a society that isn't governed by physical strength, but it sure is convenient to be able to move your own furniture. Plus, the safety/self-defense benefits associated this as well.
As you said, this no longer matters in this society (the fruits of which were built by men, but enjoyed by women).

Quote:
- Peeing standing up.
Again, biological. You can barely even consider this to be an advantage.

Quote:
- No periods.
Again, biological. Women's primary roles are designed to be reproductive.

Quote:
- Less societal pressure to marry and procreate. Note, not "none", just less.
Again, it's about the same. Third wave feminism has said specifically that women do not need to get married or have children. There is far less pressure on women to do anything.

Quote:
I suspect you're going to think to yourself, "yes, but here's a bunch of examples of female privilege". Sure, but we already know those. You said you've never experienced "male privilege", so I offered some examples where you likely have.
As I've said, women have far more advantages in today's society, all of which are socially constructed.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:57 PM

641 posts, read 405,610 times
Quote:
- You're not as obligated to focus on your looks as intensely. Since men tend to value physical attraction more highly than women do, you can get away with a proverbial "dad bod", or balding, etc. without it hindering the quality of women that show interest in you too much.
But if a man is shy, lacking in confidence and not rich then he's probably screwed whatever he looks like.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I did.

But a) How did I know that it actually happened and is not merely propaganda? I don't know for sure since I wasn't there....and b) I've never experienced this "male privilege" that I've heard so much about. I've only lived during a time where I am the one that is repressed and women are able to do whatever they want when they want. Women have had better and far more options throughout my lifetime. So that is what I know.
Right. Because history books are full of propaganda. Don't believe ANYTHING you read, anywhere. . And btw, Jim Crow never happened, and the Holocaust didn't, either.

RE: the underlined--are you Black? Native American? If not, you've experienced privilege. The thing about privilege is that it tends to be invisible to the people benefiting from it.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
That's why it's so much easy for 'more' women than it is for men.

The top 20% or so of men do well with women romantically . The other 80% struggle and tend to take what they can get (within reason) but it's really skewed against them.

The big factor is hypergamy. A great deal of women expect men who have more value than them and are richer and have better jobs. The top tier of men usually have multiple partners because women would rather share one of these men than settle for less. So there's less women to go round for the other 80% of men because a great deal of women are chasing those top 20%.
Completely agree.

Most men settle because we have to put in all of the effort. Rejection can be very tiring after a while.

From what I've seen, many men marry the first woman that will have them. Meanwhile, many women constantly reject fine men because of their race, height, looks, etc. simply because they can. Then, they go online and find exactly what they are looking for.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:01 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Women's primary roles are designed to be reproductive.

And I thought I've read everything ridiculous on here... but no, something new comes along!

Old 03-03-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
The first quote you responded to isn't a good long-term option either. That male model that will message her? There's a pretty legit chance he can do the same with other women as well. After all, he's a model, so he could pull it off. What incentive does he have to stick around for the long term, if there's tons of other women after him as well?
At least, they have an opportunity to play the game. The average man is just sitting on the sidelines.

Besides, women want sex just as much as men do. So if they can score with the hottie, while tricking the average guy into courting her, then it's a win for her. See the CAD vs. DAD argument for details.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:02 PM

641 posts, read 405,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed. That's as temporary as the sugar baby route.

She gets a model who is sleeping with 20+ other women, and probably is just gonna treat her like a booty-call and drop her after getting bored. What's good about that if she's looking for a long-term relationship?
=
So when it's 20+ women to one man for the top guys then there's far less women to go around for the poor saps in the other 80% or whatever.

A lot of Women would rather compete with each other for the top guys than settle for less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.