Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:33 PM

220 posts, read 174,740 times

Advertisements

So it's been a month and a half since I went through the receiving end of a breakup with someone I loved very much.

I posted here during that and you guys all gave me good advice to move on. I've done that as best as I could. I deleted her contact info, found closure, unfriended on fb...etc. Anything and everything to get her out of my life and out of my mind.

Since than I should be flipping grateful. I've met several different girls and had a few one night flings. Before I thought I wouldn't be able to get with a girl again but I've remembered that this isn't one of my problems.

My problem is that with every single one I just felt empty and each was like pouring salt in a wound. There's so many other attractive and smart girls out there I can go for but I'm still hung up on what I had.

How long has it taken you guys to be able to be with girls again after a breakup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 08:38 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
You'll know whenever you're ready!

It seems to me, you've tried, but you're not quite there yet.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:08 PM

388 posts, read 383,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
So it's been a month and a half since I went through the receiving end of a breakup with someone I loved very much.

I posted here during that and you guys all gave me good advice to move on. I've done that as best as I could. I deleted her contact info, found closure, unfriended on fb...etc. Anything and everything to get her out of my life and out of my mind.

Since than I should be flipping grateful. I've met several different girls and had a few one night flings. Before I thought I wouldn't be able to get with a girl again but I've remembered that this isn't one of my problems.

My problem is that with every single one I just felt empty and each was like pouring salt in a wound. There's so many other attractive and smart girls out there I can go for but I'm still hung up on what I had.

How long has it taken you guys to be able to be with girls again after a breakup?
Closure is good, man. But 1 month and a half is too short to realistically get over someone. You did great by unfriending her. This will not be easy, only time can heal. What you had before was not right for you.

After the receiving end of my breakup, it took me a year to date casually again. The ex and I kept in touch for 5 years, which was a stupid idea. We had many friends in common too...

Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
Closure is good, man. But 1 month and a half is too short to realistically get over someone. You did great by unfriending her. This will not be easy, only time can heal. What you had before was not right for you.

After the receiving end of my breakup, it took me a year to date casually again. The ex and I kept in touch for 5 years, which was a stupid idea. We had many friends in common too...
Your right only time can heal. It stings more tonight though because my good friend/roommate is going downtown with my girlfriend + her friends for one of their birthday parties and I will also be there with a different group of friends. Fun.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:41 PM

The sting is real.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:04 AM

Wow **** happens. I hate seeing my ex at bars even if I'm talking to other girls. The burn is real and it's like a black hole spawned into my heat. Peace.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:08 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,246,324 times
Skip the bars she goes to for a while.

Old 10-10-2015, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Skip the bars she goes to for a while.
Too bad we live in a small town. **** this. First I get smashed by a ****ing car while walking across the street and come 2 inches from dying. Oh great now I get a nasty head injury and can never feel my hand again on top of PTSD than just my damn luck the love of my life breaks up with me I'm just killing it. To top that **** off I ****ed my occipital nerve and have a chronic migraine for the rest of my life...completely incurable.

I've been trying so hard to do this right but I'm not sure if I want to live anymore......

Sorry for being real but we can't all live dreamy lives and some of us get dealt **** cards. Where can I seek help for this crap I hope I figure it out....

Old 10-10-2015, 04:47 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Quote:
Too bad we live in a small town. **** this. First I get smashed by a ****ing car while walking across the street and come 2 inches from dying. Oh great now I get a nasty head injury and can never feel my hand again on top of PTSD than just my damn luck the love of my life breaks up with me I'm just killing it. To top that **** off I ****ed my occipital nerve and have a chronic migraine for the rest of my life...completely incurable.

I've been trying so hard to do this right but I'm not sure if I want to live anymore......

Sorry for being real but we can't all live dreamy lives and some of us get dealt **** cards. Where can I seek help for this crap I hope I figure it out....
What is this, mental health central? You've gone over these issues in several threads. You need to see a doctor for some talk therapy. The relationships forum is not the place for you anymore.

Get professional help.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:03 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:

Not here, man. Go see a therapist and stick with it.

Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships