Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:56 AM

9 posts, read 8,344 times

Advertisements

Hi! I really need some advice so here's my story.

Last year I met this guy (lets call him J) in my class and I think I like (love?) him. That was weird to confess! I didn't talk to him a lot during the four first months after the start of the school year, I was neutral about him, he was just a classmate.

The first time I remember having talked to him (but that was probably not the first time) was to tell him that I saw him in a departement store during Christmas holidays. I can't remember what he answered. Around this period, when I was seated next to him, we laughed a lot because the teacher had chalk on the face .

Then I don't really know why but he (J) and a friend of his (T) started intimidating me on purpose (It started around March). Actually I didn't understand what was going on but as I am a shy person it seems that they wanted to make me embarrassed and blush. And it was happening everyday! I didn't think to much about it, I was a bit upset. And then, last May, my friends told me they were pretty sure that J was in love with me as they spied on him and realised that he was soo nice to me. Among all of their "proofs", they said that the other day he told me I was pretty when we were in class. Of course I argued that he was just trying to make me stammer and feel bad... I wonder why they thought it was J and not T that liked me because I thought T was much more "demonstrative" that J. By the end of the year J became much nicer. He talked to me normally and once as we were watching something in the dark, he took me by the waist to move me because because he wanted to go somewhere and I was in the middle of the road.

The following year (this year) I changed school so I didn't see him anymore. In November, I saw him again in a party. And a few days ago I met him, T and other classmates in front of their hotel which is right next to mine (we are taking important exams). They greeted me. I think I blushed lightly and I think J blushed too but I'm not sure about that. I'll probably see him again in week's time to another exam (that last 4 days). I think I started being attracted to him the last day of school last June. Except from all the "bullying" thing, he is very funny and caring. I don't know what to do now. I think that he doesn't like me because if the does, he would have come to me right ? And I think his friends have bad influence on him, he is much kinder when he's alone. Another link we have in commun, we are both eurasians.

That sounded a bit childish but we are 20 this year ! By the way, I've never dated. As for J, I know he is single. Do you have any advice or feelings about what I wrote to share with me ?

Thank you !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 05:59 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
Personally, I would not want to hook up with someone who enjoyed "bullying" or making fun of me with his friends. Thats not very nice.

If he was interested in you, then I would think he would reach out to you.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Personally, I would not want to hook up with someone who enjoyed "bullying" or making fun of me with his friends. Thats not very nice.

If he was interested in you, then I would think he would reach out to you.
I agree with Yankee. You need to find someone that would not embarrassed you in front of people and would be nice to you all the time. If someone bullies once, they will bully again. Move on and find someone nicer.

Also if he was really interested, he would have asked you out already.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:25 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
What's "intimidating me on purpose" mean...can we have an example??

Old 04-26-2011, 08:28 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,317 times
This is the second thread about this same thing is it not?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:15 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
This is the second thread about this same thing is it not?
It's the OP's first post.

OP, I think it's WAY premature to say this is a "love affair" or that you think you love him or that he loves you since you've never even dated. You could find out if he has intentions by asking him, next time you see him, if he'd like to meet for coffee some time. Just ask very matter of factly and leave it at that. If he's interested he'll follow up, if he doesn't then there's nothing lost. Good luck!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It's the OP's first post.

OP, I think it's WAY premature to say this is a "love affair" or that you think you love him or that he loves you since you've never even dated. You could find out if he has intentions by asking him, next time you see him, if he'd like to meet for coffee some time. Just ask very matter of factly and leave it at that. If he's interested he'll follow up, if he doesn't then there's nothing lost. Good luck!
Odd that there was a thread yesterday about the same thing...oh well maybe I'm losing my mind??

Old 04-26-2011, 02:05 PM

9 posts, read 8,344 times
Hey, thanks for your advice.

First sorry about using the word "love affair", English is not my mother tongue and I needed a title

As for examples, there are a lot but I forgot most of them as I tried not to care. Thomas (they never gonna find out this thread anyway...) was way meaner than Jonathan. He was openly making fun of me, but a friend who know him for longuer than I do, told me he has always been like that with a lot of people. With Jonathan, except from me, you couldn't really tell whether he was faking what he was saying or not. He never wore a mocking smile (unlike Thomas). That's why people started thinking he liked me.

The most crying example was when we were in class and he turned to tell me I was really pretty on that day. It was sooo inexpected that I said something like "What? Why are you saying that?"(I was half stammering). He asked me "You don't believe me?" I was like "No!" and he went "I'm telling you are pretty and you don't believe me, that's not nice blablabla". I checked , I was not pretty at all on that day...
Once at dinner (at the school cafeteria), I was sitting in front of him, he knocked my foot by accident and then he said "Ohhhh I'm sorry". That was a bit much !
I remember that the day the teacher showed us around the labs, he sticked to me.
But he was never directly mean. He was just embarrasing me. It was really weird. One year later I still don"t understand what he meant to do.

I don't know if he and Thomas had a plan or something. I not even sure they talked about it.

But as I said, by the end of the year, he was really nice. He told me he didn't saw me at the kind of "prom", that I should come to eat at the school cafeteria with them the following year. And he also cought so hard when he saw me at the party in October, he obviously didn't expect to see me. He is really nice and cute when he wants to ! And he's so damn funny!

I'm likely to bump into him next week (and that's probably the last time I'm ever going to see him). Do you think I should ask him to explain what was going on with him last year? What do you think ? Sorry I wrote a lot !

PS. This year I'm a bit more self confident and I don't blush all the time anymore.

Last edited by Smileaddicted; 04-26-2011 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
Ok.....Cut the crap, and ask him out already!
I mean, it is alot better than playing these guessing games.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:41 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileaddicted View Post
I'm likely to bump into him next week (and that's probably the last time I'm ever going to see him). Do you think I should ask him to explain what was going on with him last year?
NO! Just see if he wants to have coffee or whatever with you and leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships