Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 07:38 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,710 times

Advertisements

whatever. You don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
whatever. You don't get it.
True, nobody knows what went on with you and mystery lover. But main thing is, that man wasn't your husband. That's all anyone needs to know. And that if you love your husband, the bulk of your attention should be on him, not failed romances with other married men. So if you left this thread, did more things with your husband, and got involved in other things, you could get over this man, who has a wife of his own he needs to tend to.

Focus on your current family, not the man you shouldn't have been fooling with in the 1st place.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:57 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
True, nobody knows what went on with you and mystery lover. But main thing is, that man wasn't your husband. That's all anyone needs to know. And that if you love your husband, the bulk of your attention should be on him, not failed romances with other married men. So if you left this thread, did more things with your husband, and got involved in other things, you could get over this man, who has a wife of his own he needs to tend to.

Focus on your current family, not the man you shouldn't have been fooling with in the 1st place.
The OP talking about it over and over and defending the level of intensity or the status level of the thing isn't conducive to her moving forward.

Part of why I made my comment about it, hopefully those comments can sort of jolt a little reality back into it.....

Romancing it and talking about how intensely she felt connected with the dude does not make for a good place in her heart for her husband/family.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:04 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Stop focusing on what you felt and how hard you felt it with another man.

That isn't letting go...thats keeping focus on the things you are suppose to be letting go of. That is the point people are trying to make while you fight them on why this was so important to you.

Stop the pity me comments. Get real, pity won't strengthen your marriage it will make it worse.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:14 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Stop focusing on what you felt and how hard you felt it with another man.

That isn't letting go...thats keeping focus on the things you are suppose to be letting go of. That is the point people are trying to make while you fight them on why this was so important to you.

Stop the pity me comments. Get real, pity won't strengthen your marriage it will make it worse.
^^^^ This

This makes me wonder exactly what types of responses the OP 1) wanted to get by posting this thread and 2) expected to get by posting this thread regarding the other man, her husband, her marriage and her family.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:32 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
^^^^ This

This makes me wonder exactly what types of responses the OP 1) wanted to get by posting this thread and 2) expected to get by posting this thread regarding the other man, her husband, her marriage and her family.
I completely agree and I think that was great advice. In fact I've gotten a lot of great advice and applied it and will apply it in strengthening my marital relationship and moving past my affair.

My only objection was the trivializing and diminishing of how I said I feel/felt by some posters. As if calling it a fling or online infatuation or doubting the reality of our interactions somehow makes it easier to move on. It doesn't. I'm not going to pretend the other guy means any less to me. But I am acknowledging the feelings are not conducive to my relationship to my husband and I working to get past them.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:52 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Everyone who has an affair thinks their's is different. No one ever says "yeah, mine was that superficial intimacy you can muster in 4 weeks. Common, dirty and deceitful."
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-06-2015, 02:23 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I completely agree and I think that was great advice. In fact I've gotten a lot of great advice and applied it and will apply it in strengthening my marital relationship and moving past my affair.

My only objection was the trivializing and diminishing of how I said I feel/felt by some posters. As if calling it a fling or online infatuation or doubting the reality of our interactions somehow makes it easier to move on. It doesn't. I'm not going to pretend the other guy means any less to me. But I am acknowledging the feelings are not conducive to my relationship to my husband and I working to get past them.
Regarding the bolded part in pink....

Then what the heck are the city data members supposed to label this on-line dalliance as?

What does the OP expect us to label it as?

Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM

19,720 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Regardless of the circumstances. . . Letting go can be really hard and it takes time. There's not one thing a person can say here to speed up that process. Ignoring/denying your feelings will just delay healing. But one day, you will look back and see how far you've come, so just be patient with yourself for now.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:03 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post

^^^^^^This is what I'm talking about! If people spend equal amount of time and energy building their relationship instead of wasting that energy going outside of their relationship, they would be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships