Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 10:32 PM

405 posts, read 325,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
So do women ever go for a man because she finds him attractive in a wide array of things, or is it just physical looks and money??

This is through your 40 or 50 yrs of observations?? I suspect not.

Did your mother just go for your father for the same reasons??

Can you see how offensive this may be to women, that all they care about is money or looks.

What a one dimensional view you must have of women, is it possible to expand your thoughts to include that while women are different from men that they aren't all that different???

I'll flip the script, is attractiveness all you look for in a woman??

If so, I truly feel sorry for you and I'm not even being snarky, I'm saying straight up that there is a whole lot more to the world that women bring than just being a hot piece.....

I feel sorry for people that limit things, anything, without seeing more in it, could be anything but specifically people here in this instance.

I liken it to racism, in the sense that if the world only accepted and appreciated one thing, how dull would that be, how limiting it would be to only appreciate one thing.....

It could be like ice cream, wouldn't you want to not limit yourself and have many many flavors?

Why limit your thoughts to thinking that the only thing women want in a man is a stud and money???????

In case you haven't sensed the pattern I've repeated here.... don't limit people and put them in a box
I'm not saying at all that women don't care about personality. It comes into play for serious relationships, but most want a guy that has good job & status as well. You think they want a guy that's a bum with no money? They could have all the common interests & good personality, but if they don't make much at all how will they have a future together & kids eventually? Maybe they wouldn't care if it's a short term thing, but any long term relationship a woman wants a guy that makes a decent living regardless of how attractive or not he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 10:48 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,018 times
Money is usually the reason. Other times she thinks the guy is interesting or fun and is using him as an entertainment device.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:21 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Of course money has a certain degree of influence, my point earlier isn't that it isn't as a high a priority as all the young guys here think it is.

No woman wants as broke ass dude, but I shouldn't even say that, she doesn't want a guy without something going on, potential, potential could be as simple as just having a basic job to pay the bills and to know that she can make a life with you.

The average everyday Jane on the street isn't looking to land the next Bill Gates, she is just looking to meet a guy that spark her interest, have a good time with, have things in common with...etc etc etc...

I think some men put women on this weird sort of negative pedestal of unrelenting demands.

Women want the same thing you boys want... to find someone to make a life with...

This stuff doesn't need to be all that complicated as it appears here on CD....

Stop overthinking this stuff and "go and grab that girl and make her your own..."

Old 10-04-2015, 11:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
I'm not saying at all that women don't care about personality. It comes into play for serious relationships, but most want a guy that has good job & status as well. You think they want a guy that's a bum with no money? They could have all the common interests & good personality, but if they don't make much at all how will they have a future together & kids eventually? Maybe they wouldn't care if it's a short term thing, but any long term relationship a woman wants a guy that makes a decent living regardless of how attractive or not he is.
Why jump to extremes? Plenty of women are happy with middle-of-the-road guys, career-wise and earnings-wise. Most people, male and female, are working hard to get by. If everyone's looking for money and/or beauty, most people are going to be disappointed. There's so much more to it than that.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:26 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
I dated a guy who would likely be considered average. I thought he was very handsome, and we connected so well on basically every level. Did we look mismatched? Eh. I was told that, but it didn't feel like it to me.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Yeah, I'd think so myself. Some here somewhat say otherwise though. They do definitely need to have a lot going for them at minimum to get the hot woman. As I said, it's like why would an attractive woman with a good personality pick an unattractive guy when she could pretty much get with any guy she wants. If there's two men & one guy is attractive & has a good personality & career against an unattractive guy with a good personality & career. Why in the world would she choose an unattractive guy when she has the options of infinite amount of attractive men with good personalities in her own league.
Usually because the unattractive guy's personality suits her better. Never underestimate the role individual variation and individual taste can play. You're looking at this as if it were a matter of logic. Humans are anything but logical. You'll be wrong most of the time if you bet on logic. Get out and experience real life more, to see what it's really like.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I agree. You men are really underestimating the power if confidence and charisma.
And the most important thing to remember, all women want a partner that makes them feel amazing. You will goreally far focusing on that. Treating someone well - their personal definition of well, increases attraction significantly.
This.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:52 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why jump to extremes? Plenty of women are happy with middle-of-the-road guys, career-wise and earnings-wise. Most people, male and female, are working hard to get by. If everyone's looking for money and/or beauty, most people are going to be disappointed. There's so much more to it than that.
...because it's CD.
Agree with yours & chow's posts. It's not that complicated

Old 10-04-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
If a pretty woman is with a below average he is loaded or she's using him.
Or he tickles her funny bone, or he makes her feel like she's captivating.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:55 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Or he tickles her funny bone, or he makes her feel like she's captivating.
Maybe in like 10-15% of cases like this at best. Otherwise, dude is either rich or real famous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships