Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:33 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times

Advertisements

...most sexually active city! 😂

I guess if we weren't called Menver before, we would be now ha ha. It sounds like this is
the place to be if you're looking for action.

Denver Ranks As No. 1 Most Sexually Active City In U.S. « CBS Denver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
Low budget Websites like qualityhealth.com produce "studies" based up publicly available data, then they slap a provocative headline on them, these are often referred to as click bait, because their sole purpose is to draw eyes to their site. They then forward pre written stories about their click bait to news sources in the hopes they will repost. Almost always the click bait has little real value, and the results are no more than arbitrary.

In this specific case it appears that birth rates, and contraceptive use is their basis for establishing Denver as the "most sexually active". It is apparent from the list of the top "most sexually active" cities that they mostly all cities with a lot of young married couples. As far as contraceptive sales goes, I see no reason Denver would have 278% more female contraceptive (almost 4x the national average) purchases than other cities, that data on contraceptive sales is probably sketchy and not of real value. They don't put much effort into the click bait, I would not be surprised if they took the total contraceptives sold in all of Metro Denver and inappropriately divided that by the population of only Denver County, that would be consistent with the 278% excess.

Last edited by Robert5; 10-07-2015 at 10:29 PM..

Old 10-08-2015, 12:44 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
I lived near denver 10 years ago and it was nothing of the sort, it was incredibly hard to get laid or even get a girl friend.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:34 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
...most sexually active city! 😂

I guess if we weren't called Menver before, we would be now ha ha. It sounds like this is
the place to be if you're looking for action.

Denver Ranks As No. 1 Most Sexually Active City In U.S. « CBS Denver
why?

Old 10-08-2015, 02:52 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
They do have a hoppin' swinger scene up there, if that's your thing. Or so I hear. Colorado Springs has a nice active alt-lifestyles community, but it's nowhere near as many people as are getting their kink on up in Denver.

I have no idea if the data is accurate, but it sure wouldn't surprise me.

So, if any posters here had to make a blind guess, just for funsies, at what city or region of the US were the most sexually active, which would YOU guess?

Old 10-08-2015, 02:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Higher male population = more sexually active city. Gimme a city with a large number woman which is sexually active. The answer is very clear.. NONE.

I hate the mountains and turbulent weather anyways. Much rather prefer living in the rural south. The weather and food are comforting, people are friendly and well mannered, Housing costs are low. Jobs are plentiful. 90+% republican. There is nothing to hate.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:51 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Higher male population = more sexually active city. Gimme a city with a large number woman which is sexually active. The answer is very clear.. NONE.

I hate the mountains and turbulent weather anyways. Much rather prefer living in the rural south. The weather and food are comforting, people are friendly and well mannered, Housing costs are low. Jobs are plentiful. 90+% republican. There is nothing to hate.
I hate all those things in the South. Ha

Unrelenting heat and humidity.
Flat/boring land
The Food is good, but you can't eat it on the daily.
People in Denver/Front Range seem just as friendly to me
I'm not republican, so there's that.

Back to the thread, I think Denver sucks for dating. I think the East Coast is the easiest place to date.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:54 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
I've never lived or dated in Denver, but it has that bad "Menver" reputation. I also looked at the methodology, which is something you have to look at for these things. Live births were considered. Most unmarrieds who are dating don't want to cause live births. Contraception sales were also considered. Lots of people in established relationships are buying contraceptives, and many of them probably met in other cities. So I'm not sure that there's a lot of value in that article.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:42 PM

113 posts, read 77,382 times
no, you have it all wrong. Go a little ways out of Denver to the People's Republic of Boulder. If you REALLY want a hot spot, nothing beats Lyons, CO.!

Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
I hate all those things in the South. Ha

Unrelenting heat and humidity.
Flat/boring land
The Food is good, but you can't eat it on the daily.
People in Denver/Front Range seem just as friendly to me
I'm not republican, so there's that.

Back to the thread, I think Denver sucks for dating. I think the East Coast is the easiest place to date.
Y'all feel too offended over a bit of Pudge, a cross, and SEC tailgates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships