Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:46 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
It is stereotyping yes...

I was told by my circle of friends that straight women can often feel more comfortable around gay men because the sexual tension is not present.

However, I've never met a straight woman who dated gay men on the intent of having a relationship with them. Seems counterproductive... no? Does this even happen?
This.

A few years ago, my then-16-year-old son came out. He had always been fairly popular, with a wide circle of friends, but after he came out there was a constant parade of girls through our house. I asked my daughter about it (his twin sister) and she explained just what you said - that it allowed a girl to have a close relationship with a boy without the sexual potential ever being an issue.

To a lesser extent (per my daughter), the straight girl-gay boy relationship also offered a different relationship than a girl would get with her own peers, as the usual cliquish politics and competition dynamics present in a circle of girls who are friends would also be absent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 06:53 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,704,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTX3939 View Post
I just wonder about this and how true is it that woman tend to find gay men more attractive than straight men whats the secret in this?
Are they more likely to date gay men? and have a relationship with them
Sure....some gay men are very attractive...some are not. Just like straight guys.

But gay men date and marry other gay men.....they don't date and have relationships (other than friendship ) with woman. You do understand what being homosexual means, correct?

Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
The stellar interior decorating skills. And yes, I'm looking at you, Nate Berkus.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:57 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times
Where do you people get some of these ideas?!?

Old 10-08-2015, 07:08 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Default Why are woman more attractive to gay men then straight men?

Since we are talking about "one" woman... It's hard to tell.

I don't know her. So.. Could be anything.

They both like men. Maybe they like shopping. Who knows.

Really a confusing thread.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:14 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,390 times
They are not more attractive to them, they just make better friends than other women.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:54 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Are some gay men attractive? Hell, yes! Does that mean that women are attracted TO them? I don't know. Maybe some are. Do we have relationships with them? As others have pointed out - most gay men will not choose a woman to have a relationship with unless they are trying to hide who they are. Personally, I find many gay men attractive but haven't been attracted to any gay men since I was in 9th or 10th grade.

I don't think that straight men need to feel threatened that gay men are stealing your women.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:58 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't know if that is objectively true. But to stereotype, if you are appearance or style focused, and gay men are more likely to be well groomed and well dressed.

So dress better and see what happens.
^^ that's basically how I see it.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:23 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,189 times
I am a gay male.
Alot of female are attracted to gay male because of various reasons:
1. We (I know this is a stereotype, but it also holds true) take care of ourselves. We tend to dress up better (at least in the US), work out more (gym is our religion), and so on.
2. Everybody wants something that they cannot get. Not only it applies to female and gay dudes, but also gay guys who like straight ones.
3. Even though we are not effeminate, alot of us are in touch with our feelings. So we can better bond with female.

There are numerous times when my female friends had problems, they would talked to me and my partner instead of their bfs / husbands.
Their reasons? "You always sit with us and listen intently, caress, hold our hands and hugs us when we need them, and come out with solution (in my case including ice cream binge eating and watching chick flicks)"
In one of the case, my friend's husband just gave her money to go shopping to forget her problems.

And for guys out there, your wife / gf wants you to be there for them. And they want you to show them that you care. The key here is SHOW them that you CARE.
1. Listen to her or at least pretend you listen to her.
2. Give her occasional hug, hold her hands, etc. while she talks so that she can feel the bond between you two. So that she feels that you are sharing her burdens.
3. And then come out with solutions; a solution in which it SHOWS that you CARE. Be a part of that solution to make her feel better. Give her a relaxing foot massage, etc. If your idea is to give her money to go shopping, go shopping with her instead of just throwing your credit card at her. If that's the case, she will most definitely think that you don't care about her & her problem. Furthermore there is a huge chance that she might think that you want her & her problem to be away from you.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:41 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTX3939 View Post
I just wonder about this and how true is it that woman tend to find gay men more attractive than straight men whats the secret in this?
Are they more likely to date gay men? and have a relationship with them
What???

Jesus H. In fairly certain
that gay men don't have many instances where they think women are more *attractive* to them, than men. And if you instead meant *attracted*, um..no. Women are not attracted to get men sweetie. Gay men are, um, GAY. VERY few gay men, and I mean VERY few, w
exude the physical and emotional characteristics that appeal to a straight woman.

What a strange post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships