Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 08:03 AM

26 posts, read 35,787 times

Advertisements

So, the same guy that I wrote in the other thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...proach-me.html--I hadn't seen him on the bus in a while so I thought he got a new job someplace else or moved away.

He basically followed me last year to my workplace and looked like he wanted to approach me, but then he didn't. I must say, when he followed me then, it looked like he was very familiar with the building, which tells me it wasn't the first time he's been there.

A few weeks ago, I saw him again at the building I work at. I looked right at him and he looked at me too, but neither one of us said hello or even smiled. I would had, but I guess I was too busy analyzing his face to see if it was really him. Within a few seconds after our look exchanges, he walked away.

I don't know where he works exactly, but it has to be a few blocks down from where I work, so I don't see any reason why he would be at my workplace unless he really likes the coffee shop in our building. My building has a huge atrium where if someone really wanted to watch me, they can easily do that from a distance. I could've sworn I've seen him at my building at least 3x now.

Why wouldn't he just ride the bus again and try to run into me there instead of coming to my workplace and watch me from afar? I feel like that is what he is doing instead. This worries me because at this rate, he'll never approach me and probably enjoys stalking me instead. Why? Do all guys do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 08:11 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Are you sure he's really stalking you and it's just co-incidence? Seems like with as little activity as you mentioned, it's nothing more than you two having similar schedules. Plus, a lot of your observations are guess (could have "sworn" you saw him, but are you really sure). I knew a girl who was stalked back in college, it was a lot more intense than what you are describing.

Also, could it be he just thinks you are pretty but he already has someone and is a decent guy who isn't going to cheat (so he looks, but doesn't cross that bridge). Lots of guys who are in a relationship will look at a pretty girl (hey, only human, not a robot) but not approach because they are decent men.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:21 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
You have never talked to him and have no idea why he's doing what he's doing. All of this supposed "stalking" so far is in your head.

He could be wondering why "that girl from the bus" is always staring at him.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:28 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You have never talked to him and have no idea why he's doing what he's doing. All of this supposed "stalking" so far is in your head.

Or he even could be thinking, "I know I know her from somewhere... I just can't place it. Oh well, off to the meeting I have in this building."

Old 10-09-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Are you sure he's really stalking you and it's just co-incidence? Seems like with as little activity as you mentioned, it's nothing more than you two having similar schedules. Plus, a lot of your observations are guess (could have "sworn" you saw him, but are you really sure). I knew a girl who was stalked back in college, it was a lot more intense than what you are describing.

Also, could it be he just thinks you are pretty but he already has someone and is a decent guy who isn't going to cheat (so he looks, but doesn't cross that bridge). Lots of guys who are in a relationship will look at a pretty girl (hey, only human, not a robot) but not approach because they are decent men.
I wouldn't really call it stalking as I did not know what else to phrase it, but it's just odd that I would see him at my building especially since the incident from last year. Also, honestly, he always gave me the "creep" vibe when I first saw him and I've never really thought that of someone, especially an attractive man. He is above average looking, so we can rule the looks factor out. Weird how he grew on me.

I could just be seeing things, but it's too much of a coincidence.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

I stare at him because he stares at me, but when I finally do it, he looks away and then looks at me again.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:35 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Why not just walk up to him and say, "Hi!"

Old 10-09-2015, 08:35 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yso34 View Post
I stare at him because he stares at me, but when I finally do it, he looks away and then looks at me again.
Like I said ...

Old 10-09-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Why not just walk up to him and say, "Hi!"
I usually don't realize it's him until I just missed him. And when I see him, it's usually very short and I didn't act quick enough.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:40 AM

388 posts, read 382,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yso34 View Post
So, the same guy that I wrote in the other thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...proach-me.html--I hadn't seen him on the bus in a while so I thought he got a new job someplace else or moved away.

He basically followed me last year to my workplace and looked like he wanted to approach me, but then he didn't. I must say, when he followed me then, it looked like he was very familiar with the building, which tells me it wasn't the first time he's been there.
I can turn the question around and ask why would you not approach him?

I have a colleague who's been driving me mad asking how to talk to a girl in another department. They always stare at each other and no one makes a move. He's waiting for the right moment and the girl's signal.,but that was 6 months ago, He still hasn't . This guy could be like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships