Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 12:16 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,126,439 times

Advertisements

1945 to 1960 ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That decade we weren't property. That is correct. We got to do more stuff that decade 'cause the guys were gone. /lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 12:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
When I am on here I say things in a more crass manner because some of you are feminists. I have the same opinions in real life but am more tactful about how I say things, mostly because I don't hang around feminists in real life otherwise I might loose my mind. On here I get to control how often I log on so its a nice balance that makes things interesting and entertaining.

When women start into the militant feminism equating a woman behaving like a woman, adult, wife and mother as being a slave and owned its absolutely absurd. Women were not chained up in the house and literally beaten like actual slaves in the south were. When women say and act like this its actually insulting to people whos ansestors actually were slaves. Women actually still had all the same freedom (other than maybe voting in national elections) but our society made it WAY harder to actually go out and excersize those freedoms because the great generation would not tolerate it.
Most people are feminists. Most people believe that women should have equal rights. It seems that you are not one of those people.

Talking about how women that don't have sex with certain men but have sex with other men are basically asking to be raped has nothing to do with feminism. That's just sick. Talking about how rape didn't happen as often as it does now because of feminism is just ignorant and incorrect.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
Quote:
When I am on here I say things in a more crass manner because some of you are feminists. I have the same opinions in real life but am more tactful about how I say things, mostly because I don't hang around feminists in real life otherwise I might loose my mind. On here I get to control how often I log on so its a nice balance that makes things interesting and entertaining.

When women start into the militant feminism equating a woman behaving like a woman, adult, wife and mother as being a slave and owned its absolutely absurd. Women were not chained up in the house and literally beaten like actual slaves in the south were. When women say and act like this its actually insulting to people whos ansestors actually were slaves. Women actually still had all the same freedom (other than maybe voting in national elections) but our society made it WAY harder to actually go out and excersize those freedoms because the great generation would not tolerate it.
Oh - and do me a favor. Have your "fiancee" read your posts on this thread and let us know what she thinks about them.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times
Quote:
Refering to the time periods of 1940 to mid 1950's, women were not property no matter how much feminists try to use that analogy.

They weren't? Pre 1970s there was no such thing (legally) as spousal rape. The man could do anything sexual to his wife he wanted, without her consent, and it would NOT be rape in the eyes of the law. It is relatively fairly recently that spousal rape is indeed a crime in all 50 states. That's just messed up.

If that isn't effectively owning someone, I don't know what is.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:48 PM

That's your opinion, feminists like to try to tie sick deplorable things to old school accountability so that they can demonize people that want to hold women accountable in a meaningful way. Then you can call someone a sick abuser and toss out the rape word so that you can get all the white knights on board, when in fact that's not at all what I am saying.

I am saying that in feminists vitriol they have alienated a great number of men that at one point may have cared about legitimate issues like rape but now don't because women were crying wolf for too long about things that were not really sick and deplorable. Women just wanted to have their fun without any consequences at the expense of a great number of men when the social paradigm changed.

Now that things are getting ugly and dark and a great number of men simply don't care women are upset. I know they are upset because someone is compelling university deans and admins to spam my university email since like a few years ago. I had to take a "no means no" course just to register, it was like an hour waste of my time for a non traditional student taking classes to maintain a professional licence. Women made their bed now they get to lay in it.

As for my finance I will protect her with my life because she respects me and was interested in me. But because of all the manure I had to wade through in the dating world in the past I don't give other women the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Most people are feminists. Most people believe that women should have equal rights. It seems that you are not one of those people.

Talking about how women that don't have sex with certain men but have sex with other men are basically asking to be raped has nothing to do with feminism. That's just sick. Talking about how rape didn't happen as often as it does now because of feminism is just ignorant and incorrect.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:55 PM

Owning someone is when you put them in chains and they are not free to leave. If a man raped his wife back in the day why on earth would she stay there. Hopefully he was not holding a gun to her head, if he was THAT would be a crime. Being owned is when someone has actual legal title to you and they can chain you up and if you run the authorities will bring you back shackled.

A woman did not have to stay with her husband if he was behaving that way. The authorities figured it was he said she said and if she continued to stay there how was her claim valid. Now days some vapid wife can claim "marital rape" and even though its still he said she said the man is going to be staring down the barrel of a very serious gun, depite the fact that in 90% of the cases there is no evidence that it was forced.

The authorites are desperately trying to enforce something that in 90% of the cases has no evidence (I was almost selected as a juror for one of these cases, they kept asking if I was willing to convict based PURELY on circumstantial evidence lol). But the feminists are pushing it hard and people are afraid for their jobs if they don't comply.

So no its not even close to "effectively" owning someone, you either own them or you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
They weren't? Pre 1970s there was no such thing (legally) as spousal rape. The man could do anything sexual to his wife he wanted, without her consent, and it would NOT be rape in the eyes of the law. It is relatively fairly recently that spousal rape is indeed a crime in all 50 states. That's just messed up.

If that isn't effectively owning someone, I don't know what is.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Owning someone is when you put them in chains and they are not free to leave.

No, that is one tiny definition of owning. A very self serving one.

Quote:
If a man raped his wife back in the day why on earth would she stay there.
She had no choice and no where to go. A person can be a prisoner without having locks on the doors.

Quote:
A woman did not have to stay with her husband if he was behaving that way.
See above.

Quote:
The authorities figured it was he said she said and if she continued to stay there how was her claim valid. Now days some vapid wife can claim "marital rape" and even though its still he said she said the man is going to be staring down the barrel of a very serious gun, depite the fact that in 90% of the cases there is no evidence that it was forced.
There doesn't need to be force for there to be rape.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:21 PM

Your tune will change when your sitting in a police office after having had consensual sex that the woman later regrets.

Having legal title defines ownership, anything short of that is nonsense. If there are no locks on the doors then your not owned and not a prisoner. Someone may have leverage over you but that does not make you owned. My employer has leverage over me, does that make me a slave?

Two very different things and your post is intellectually dishonest. Just because a woman may have put herself in an undesirable situation does not mean she is owned. People use these exagerations in order to justify the destruction of society. When all definitions become fluid and vauge and people can just redefine things and change the laws because they don't like the results of their own decisions then you get what we are starting to get now.

Women still had a choice in who they married, no one was holding any guns to anyones head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, that is one tiny definition of owning. A very self serving one.

She had no choice and no where to go. A person can be a prisoner without having locks on the doors.

See above.

There doesn't need to be force for there to be rape.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:24 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,132,184 times
Quote:
Owning someone is when you put them in chains and they are not free to leave. If a man raped his wife back in the day why on earth would she stay there. Hopefully he was not holding a gun to her head, if he was THAT would be a crime. Being owned is when someone has actual legal title to you and they can chain you up and if you run the authorities will bring you back shackled.

A woman did not have to stay with her husband if he was behaving that way. The authorities figured it was he said she said and if she continued to stay there how was her claim valid. Now days some vapid wife can claim "marital rape" and even though its still he said she said the man is going to be staring down the barrel of a very serious gun, depite the fact that in 90% of the cases there is no evidence that it was forced.

The authorites are desperately trying to enforce something that in 90% of the cases has no evidence (I was almost selected as a juror for one of these cases, they kept asking if I was willing to convict based PURELY on circumstantial evidence lol). But the feminists are pushing it hard and people are afraid for their jobs if they don't comply.

So no its not even close to "effectively" owning someone, you either own them or you don't.
Still posting **** I see. Carry on, you're only making yourself look like a dumb and weird creep.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Your tune will change when your sitting in a police office after having had consensual sex that the woman later regrets.

Having legal title defines ownership, anything short of that is nonsense. If there are no locks on the doors then your not owned and not a prisoner. Someone may have leverage over you but that does not make you owned. My employer has leverage over me, does that make me a slave?

Two very different things and your post is intellectually dishonest. Just because a woman may have put herself in an undesirable situation does not mean she is owned. People use these exagerations in order to justify the destruction of society. When all definitions become fluid and vauge and people can just redefine things and change the laws because they don't like the results of their own decisions then you get what we are starting to get now.

Women still had a choice in who they married, no one was holding any guns to anyones head.

Right, so all those domestic servant slaves in NYC (and elsewhere) that weren't chained during the day weren't really slaves.

Good thing the justice department doesn't agree with your insane definition.

Oh right, and when someone chooses to marry them. Whatever happens to them after is their fault and their responsibility. That's a real moral postion Yup, you married him lady... you get what is coming to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships