Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2015, 01:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,190,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
That's your opinion, feminists like to try to tie sick deplorable things to old school accountability so that they can demonize people that want to hold women accountable in a meaningful way. Then you can call someone a sick abuser and toss out the rape word so that you can get all the white knights on board, when in fact that's not at all what I am saying.

I am saying that in feminists vitriol they have alienated a great number of men that at one point may have cared about legitimate issues like rape but now don't because women were crying wolf for too long about things that were not really sick and deplorable. Women just wanted to have their fun without any consequences at the expense of a great number of men when the social paradigm changed.

Now that things are getting ugly and dark and a great number of men simply don't care women are upset. I know they are upset because someone is compelling university deans and admins to spam my university email since like a few years ago. I had to take a "no means no" course just to register, it was like an hour waste of my time for a non traditional student taking classes to maintain a professional licence. Women made their bed now they get to lay in it.

As for my finance I will protect her with my life because she respects me and was interested in me. But because of all the manure I had to wade through in the dating world in the past I don't give other women the benefit of the doubt.
And if your fiancee wasn't interested in you but was interested in other men instead - do you think you would be justified in raping her? Because that is what you basically keep saying over and over.

You seem to be confusing every issue you talk about and are making no sense. Most me care about women getting raped because most men understand that it's wrong and that no woman deserves to be raped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 01:35 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,878,792 times
Is there no common sense middle ground to be found between victim blaming and owning the fact that we live in a less than perfect world and rape is an unfortunate part of it? Is it really such a bad thing to suggest that women, as the weaker sex, should take precautions to avoid being raped?

Is someone falsely accused of rape any less of a victim than a person that's been raped? It's a pretty damning thing to be accused of (as it should be for actual rapists).

Old 10-23-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Still posting **** I see. Carry on, you're only making yourself look like a dumb and weird creep.
That's putting it mildly.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:39 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Is there no common sense middle ground to be found between victim blaming and owning the fact that we live in a less than perfect world and rape is an unfortunate part of it? Is it really such a bad thing to suggest that women, as the weaker sex, should take precautions to avoid being raped?

Is a man falsely accused of rape any less of a victim than a person that's been raped?
unfortunately when things are already being segregated in to X right vs Y rights the hop skip and jump passed what's right for all gets lost very easily for many. Instead of accepting things that cannot just be changed by Implementing a social construct or awareness, it becomes what it always does...

A blame game

Most really don't even care what's right for the other side to begin with, they simply care about the affects on themselves

For the most part I tend to see equal amounts of misogyny and misandry being thrown around, one will claim the other "just doesn't get it or just doesn't see it" and the arguments will turn to personal anictodes akin to "I can't be racist I have a black friend" and any actual "equality" talk is lost on comparing notes about who has the toughest lot in life.

It's pretty pointless in the end.

Last edited by rego00123; 10-23-2015 at 01:54 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 01:41 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Most people are feminists. Most people believe that women should have equal rights. It seems that you are not one of those people.

Talking about how women that don't have sex with certain men but have sex with other men are basically asking to be raped has nothing to do with feminism. That's just sick. Talking about how rape didn't happen as often as it does now because of feminism is just ignorant and incorrect.
Don't you know? Calling yourself a feminist is asking for crass discussion. You're just asking for it. You are.

Quote:
That's putting it mildly.
That's what I said in a rep!

Old 10-23-2015, 01:52 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,123,807 times
No I would not rape her or think that it was ok.

I will say it as plainly as I can, the social paradigm that feminism has created has led to the rape CULTURE and women are the main drivers of feminism. Feminism has taken away a great amount of social leverage that men used to have, so some men feel the only thing they have left is physical violence. No one DESERVES to get raped and criminals are responsible for their behavior BUT a lot of men don't have a ton of sympathy or care because women/feminism has created the culture that has led to this and a lot of women put themselves in bad situations due to their own poor choices.

Why should a man interject himself into such a situation that has no upside and is frought with liabilities for men. There are some white knights that might swoop in hoping that he will be the hero and it will lead to him getting some play but most guys know better.

Quote:
And if your fiancee wasn't interested in you but was interested in other men instead - do you think you would be justified in raping her? Because that is what you basically keep saying over and over.

You seem to be confusing every issue you talk about and are making no sense. Most me care about women getting raped because most men understand that it's wrong and that no woman deserves to be raped.

Last edited by pittsflyer; 10-23-2015 at 02:01 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 01:54 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Is it really such a bad thing to suggest that women, as the weaker sex, should take precautions to avoid being raped?
Just the way you phrased that signifies that you don't understand the problem at all.

A woman should not have to take any more precautions against rape than a man. It is not women's fault men rape them.

EVER.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
No I would not rape her or think that it was ok.

I will say it as plainly as I can, the social paradigm that feminism has created has led to the rape CULTURE and women are the main drivers of feminism. No one DESERVES to get raped and criminals are responsible for their behavior BUT a lot of men don't have a ton of sympathy or care because women/feminism has created the culture that has led to this and a lot of women put themselves in bad situations due to their own poor choices.

Why should a man interject himself into such a situation that has no upside and is frought with liabilities for men. There are some white knights that might swoop in hoping that he will be the hero and it will lead to him getting some play but most guys know better.
Feminism hasn't led to rape culture. Feminism hasn't caused more women to get raped. Rape has existed since the beginning of time. People just aren't getting away with it anymore.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:59 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Just the way you phrased that signifies that you don't understand the problem at all.

A woman should not have to take any more precautions against rape than a man. It is not women's fault men rape them.

EVER.
This is simply not reality

Rape is horrible and nobody should be doing it to anyone, it's a crime and people who do this are criminals, but blanketing the issue like this isn't helping anyone's awareness on either end.

You're never going to have "all good" or "all bad" people in this world. The scale is wide and varied. Problems that come from the actual differences between people will always exsists. Not just the differences between the sexes but the differences between PEOPLE in general.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:01 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,127,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Right, so all those domestic servant slaves in NYC (and elsewhere) that weren't chained during the day weren't really slaves.

Good thing the justice department doesn't agree with your insane definition.

Oh right, and when someone chooses to marry them. Whatever happens to them after is their fault and their responsibility. That's a real moral postion Yup, you married him lady... you get what is coming to you.
One of my friends was a domestic servant slave. Brought over from Indonesia, by a rich Indonesian family, promised work and pay. She got plenty of 24/7 work, beatings,& little pay. Told to never leave the house, or she would be arrested and jailed.
She only got out of the situation after the neighbours heard her abuse & helped her......that took 18 months on their part, to convince her she won't be jailed, or further abused as she was told by the people who owned her.

This was in mid 1990's and in a wealthy suburb in Sydney.

But numnuts here thinks being owned, equates to chains and locks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships