Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 08:35 PM

111 posts, read 195,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJaction View Post
I'm starting to feel sorry for the Doc. 29 years you say? She doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me, beautiful or not.
I guess that's what I'm starting to think. Even though the doctor shouldn't have screwed around, there are two sides to every story. And actually, another guy broke up with her before I met her. He said the distance between them, miles wise, was too great to have a relationship. They were 12 miles apart. I'm thinking maybe he figured out the same thing as I finally have. At least she was able to admit to me that he broke up with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
He should want to pull younger women.

The woman who was messing with him with in the original post was probably 55 years old, so the OP can't be criticized for dating substantially younger.
You are one year off. She's 56. The only preference I have with age is that she is no more than 3 years older than me. I've dated older, and I've dated up to 20 years younger. I'm now thinking the closer in age to me, the better. More shared life experiences.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNansea View Post
I think not moving to San Diego was brilliant. Who knows what might or might not have happened, but now you have this great story in your heart about a fantasy that came to life. And it's the perfect ending... leave them wanting more. The added bonus is the confidence the scenario undoubtedly gave you.
I wish I would have given it a shot, but on the other hand, you are correct. I had a fantasy week that will stay with me until the end of my days. And there was no bitter or heart wrenching breakup.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:44 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko959 View Post
You are one year off. She's 56. The only preference I have with age is that she is no more than 3 years older than me. I've dated older, and I've dated up to 20 years younger. I'm now thinking the closer in age to me, the better. More shared life experiences.
I'm far younger than you are. But that sort of thing talked about in the original post was unacceptable, from even a 26 year old. No 56 year old should do that stuff.

Why not date a 40 year old woman? Heck, if you make real good cash, you could drop that down to 35.

I totally disagree on the age thing. Guys are visual. A 35-40 year old is going to have a hotter body than a 55 year old, on average.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
According to his above post he wants to pull younger women.
I used to think having a younger woman would be great, but now I'm not so sure. Someone my age would be a good thing. I think we would have more in common. I just don't want another angry one. There seem to be plenty of them out there.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I find it hard to believe that a 57 year old man can't find a date. Aren't you interested in women your own age?
I can find dates. But I think I have learned some things about myself through this whole thing. I put looks above all else. While it is important to have a physical attraction to the person, having the most gorgeous woman in the room is not the be all, end all. I don't need a trophy. I was wrong to let my ego get in the way.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:13 PM

971 posts, read 689,149 times
The OLD subject has been beat to death here, but it is tough to sift thru all the stuff on it so I will post my experiences (not good) with OLD as a guy almost your age. In my opinion, there is a reason (whatever it may be) a lot of women are on there. If you see pics that look spectacular and their profile reads like a dream, and you says to yourself "wow...what is she doing on here?" there is a reason.

The thing I found most annoying is the fact I put my real, current pics up and most of the women I met looked nothing like their pics because they were not current. In most cases average of 10 years old but in one case 20 years! I met her at a bar for a drink at her request and when she came up and sat beside me, I said "excuse me I am waiting for someone" and she laughed and said it was her. Then she joked that "yes a lot of guys don't recognize me....my pic was from when I was 26 and I am 46 now. OMG!

I met a nurse that was only interested in me buying her a meal when one of her other OLD guys wasn't buying her dinner. I met the President of a well known University that showed up looking like a stripper and if she was really a college president, it would have amazed me. A smoking hot business woman that was an alcoholic, bipolar control freak that wasn't fit to be around, a housewife thinking of divorce and checking to make sure she could get another guy and a school teacher that was looking for an immediate husband and father to her three little kids. I gave up.

I am sure there are good women out there on OLD, but I don't have the patience to play the game to try to weed one out.

My best luck has been women I met through activites, friends, work and my favorite the grocery store. If I was looking for another woman I would be at the grocery store every Sunday morning aroun 11am. I had more women try to pick me up at the store than anywhere else. The dog park with my dog was another good spot because they always came to make over my dog and ended up talking.

I found in my particular area (hour and a half from DC) that if I was just looking for "fun" there are all kinds of 20-30's gals who are ready, willing and able and expect nothing in return. The 40's-50's always seem to require a lot of work and are looking for "the one" and are much harder to get along with. I actually had a woman tell me "surely you don't think we are going to have sex tonight!...you didn't WORK hard enough for it today!" and was dead serious. When did sex become work?

They are out there. Hang in there. If you insist on tryng OLD, I would recommend to go with your gut. If text/talking seems like all you...they aren't interested. If they don't respond after one or two dates, let them go. You could possibly strike into one that is real and works for you, but it is going to take a while. A friend from work says he found a nice woman but he "worked" match.com like a job at night, sending out hundreds of emails. Sorry....just not for me.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:20 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
Any kind of dating is too much like a job interview. It is still difficult to find a good fit.

You'll find someone. They are out there somewhere.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:50 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko959 View Post
Hillbilly haunts? :-) Okay....well, I'm not a hillbilly and I'm not looking for a hookup. I've been single for 8 years and I'm looking for a long term relationship. But her husband did have an affair on her, and that is supposedly the reason for the divorce.
In my day, I preferred "hillbilly haunts" simply because I wanted a man...a REAL man. Looks, acts, smells like a man...but that's a "me" thing. Of course one has to be careful in that scene (wife beaters in Alabama / Tennessee are not unusual). But that was my preference. Yankee guys were getting too metro already 40 yrs ago. The OP said 57 yrs old. Today that's where I (my 60's) find the most likely guys. Sorta the "grown up" version of the openly sociable beer gardens from years ago.

If a LTR is what you want, then I'd suggest things like cocktail bars at the nearest large hub airport, and at your age Florida is a good place to find appropriate-aged lonely hearts Lots of throughput, and a better dressed, better class of men. Often married, but so what - they're at the bar, hence, probably out looking. Don't even question that. You just want someone to spend quality time with. Nothing "legal" involved. Just make sure you get a makeover, and look your very best. I'd suggest you view "Good Grooming For Girls." [Google: Prelinger Archives}. It's an old film but the rules still apply.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 11-10-2015 at 09:05 AM..

Old 11-10-2015, 10:56 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, I feel like you're spinning your wheels. She's not that into you, plus there have been too many untruths, or stretching the truth, or deliberate omissions (suddenly she tells you she's not divorced after all, then weeks later she tells you she'd been dating another guy the same time she started dating you). She's not upfront about things, she's cagey. Not a good sign. Wouldn't you like someone who's more what-you-see-is-what-you-get, where reality doesn't keep shifting under your feet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships