Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 11:21 AM

3 posts, read 4,433 times

Advertisements

I'm 29 and until last year I was a virgin. Every guy I meet at my age, wants a woman with more sexual experience than I have. I've been upfront about myself with all the guys I've dated and all said they were ok with dating a virgin. So I met a guy a couple years ago, became good friends, and then started dating, and was ready to go all the way with him. We tried it, didn't go all the way, and it started to become awkward. So we agreed to try again another time. Shortly afterward, he started to avoid me and we stopped dating. But we kept in touch. I continued to date, not finding a the right guy for me. Recently, me and my ex started dating again was still upfront about my virginity. This time we did have sex and I did lose my virginity. Though it was still kinda awkward and whatnot. I don't think he gets that it's going to take some time for me to get more comfortable with my sexuality. But now he seems to be avoiding me again. I don't want to go through all this again. No matter what it seems like my lack of sexual experience just hurts any relationship I try to have. I don't really know what to do at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 11:25 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Well, there's "sex just for the sake of having sex," and there's the type of sex that bonds you with someone you care about. The latter requires real emotional intimacy, which involves trust and comfort, with yourself and your partner.

You will have to work on your self-confidence and also hope to find a person with whom you can develop a loving, trusting relationship. Otherwise, you will have more awkward, default experiences with guys you happen to be hanging out with.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:28 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
I think, most guys don't mind the inexperience part, but the lack of enthusiasm to learn.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, there's "sex just for the sake of having sex," and there's the type of sex that bonds you with someone you care about. The latter requires real emotional intimacy, which involves trust and comfort, with yourself and your partner.

You will have to work on your self-confidence and also hope to find a person with whom you can develop a loving, trusting relationship. Otherwise, you will have more awkward, default experiences with guys you happen to be hanging out with.
That's possible, but I do care about this guy a lot and that's why I decided to lose my virginity to him. We see each other practically every day and I felt like I developed enough of a loving, trusting, relationship with him.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think, most guys don't mind the inexperience part, but the lack of enthusiasm to learn.
I have a lot of enthusiasm to learn. Ever since we had sex, I have wanted to try it again and again. But now he seems to be avoiding me. So I do have a lot of willingness to try

Old 09-25-2015, 11:38 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilshy View Post
That's possible, but I do care about this guy a lot and that's why I decided to lose my virginity to him. We see each other practically every day and I felt like I developed enough of a loving, trusting, relationship with him.
But if he's avoiding you... it's likely those feelings are one-sided.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:43 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Quote:
I have a lot of enthusiasm to learn. Ever since we had sex, I have wanted to try it again and again. But now he seems to be avoiding me. So I do have a lot of willingness to try
Your ex is a chump. Find someone else

Old 09-25-2015, 12:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
I felt like I developed enough of a loving, trusting, relationship with him.
This ^^^ is not reflected in this:

Quote:
I don't think he gets that it's going to take some time for me to get more comfortable with my sexuality. But now he seems to be avoiding me again.
"Seeing him every day" is not all that matters.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:52 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Sounds like he just did you cause you wanted to get it over with, not cause he cares about you in a relationship kind of romance.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:05 PM

151 posts, read 159,617 times
You don't have to tell them. Also as a woman, it's pretty socially acceptable to just lie there and do nothing during sex. A lot of men like submissive girls. I have never heard of a man complaining about bad sex. For men it's more about the release. Good or bad isn't important. The important thing is we got laid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships