Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:16 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
And in that case, the man would have the same option to allow things to proceed or not.
Agreed. he doesn't want the short brunette who approached. he wants the tall blonde with the banging body on the other side of the room. lol

Anyone who approaches someone runs the risk of rejection.

And anyone who waits to be approached runs the risk of not being so, or being approached by everyone they don't like.

One guy stating women approach him a good bit, but they're usually fat, which he doesn't care for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 07:26 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
And in that case, the man would have the same option to allow things to proceed or not.

If either sex can approach, the power is equal.
First, women almost never approach. Some do, but very rarely.

Second, this proves my point that things are worse for men now. In the past, a man just needed to be a provider. Now, he needs a laundry list of other qualities as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed. he doesn't want the short brunette who approached. he wants the tall blonde with the banging body on the other side of the room. lol
I don't like tall blondes personally.

Quote:
Anyone who approaches someone runs the risk of rejection.
Yes, but how often do men get approached compared to women? If women are not being approached, they can just jump online and get a man of their choosing. And even if women "approach" a man, it's usually in a round-about way and is almost never direct.

Men HAVE to approach or they will end up alone.

Quote:
And anyone who waits to be approached runs the risk of not being so, or being approached by everyone they don't like.

One guy stating women approach him a good bit, but they're usually fat, which he doesn't care for.
That's a legitimate complaint. Being fat is a choice. If he ragged on women for being too ugly, then, yes, he's being too picky if he expects women to approach him.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:16 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times
OP: I am curious. How old is your brother and how old is the woman he just married?

Old 11-11-2015, 08:23 PM

161 posts, read 167,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
If he can find someone to marry him, let alone date him, then almost any guy can.

He is homely, broke, lives with his parents, is not very bright (sadly he was born premature although not intellectually handicapped...just plain ol' stupid), is barely average height, and has the personality of Beavis and Butthead.

Yet, some younger, slender, cute girl (by far the prettiest he has ever dated) just MARRIED him. I don't think it will last, but seriously, someone was WILLING to marry him.

Yeah, she must not be very bright either, especially to do so on a whim in Vegas....but goodness knows she probably could've done better according to most people's theories on "leagues" and whatnot.

In fairness to my brother, he can be sweet and very loyal.

*Let me note that we are not blood-related siblings.

This really is a positive thing though. It should give hope to everyone.
I feel so much better now. Thanks for sharing about your loser brother

Old 11-11-2015, 08:29 PM

I think she just wanted to talk crap about her brother in the C-D Relationships forum so she found a creative way to do it.

Well done, I guess.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:09 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Your town sounds more upscale then where I grew up. My former neighbor across the street has been in jail many times. I think he might be back there now? His girlfriend, who comes from a pretty well off family, is waiting for him. No prison record is not a prerequisite here.

You and Zentropa are killing me LMAO! I know many areas that consists of couples of what you two describe as well--where you wonder what the f***? For instance I have a friend living in such a city where men having babies on you, constant domestic disputes/abuse, and side chick drama is very common and expected. In fact a man can still be a good man if he does all these things, as long as he just claims you and "your child" and stays at your house each night.

Anyways, there are many people that are regarded as "trash", the way the OP sees her brother, that others will see as treasure. Even on citydata a lot of the men that complain about qualities that make it hard for them, may be surprised to see men with very similar qualities in relationships with attractive women and vice versus.

As for the OP, I what get her message was, but I agree it was the way it was delivered that makes her seem judgmental and unkind. I think she meant for this post to be encouraging to the men on this forum that feel like losers, but I think that point was lost because of the way it was communicated.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:24 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
You and Zentropa are killing me LMAO! I know many areas that consists of couples of what you two describe as well--where you wonder what the f***? For instance I have a friend living in such a city where men having babies on you, constant domestic disputes/abuse, and side chick drama is very common and expected. In fact a man can still be a good man if he does all these things, as long as he just claims you and "your child" and stays at your house each night.

Anyways, there are many people that are regarded as "trash", the way the OP sees her brother, that others will see as treasure. Even on citydata a lot of the men that complain about qualities that make it hard for them, may be surprised to see men with very similar qualities in relationships with attractive women and vice versus.

As for the OP, I what get her message was, but I agree it was the way it was delivered that makes her seem judgmental and unkind. I think she meant for this post to be encouraging to the men on this forum that feel like losers, but I think that point was lost because of the way it was communicated.
Oh, I got it. Shes basically saying my short-broke-retard brother (who's still lives at home) got himself a woman...whats your poor excuse.

Very Inspiring!

Lol

Old 11-11-2015, 09:35 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Oh, I got it. Shes basically saying my short-broke-retard brother (who's still lives at home) got himself a woman...whats your poor excuse.

Very Inspiring!

Lol
Lol! But you're making the OP's point because there are a lot of guys who don't have height and/or good looks or money on their side, yet a guy with none of that going for him still managed to marry, so he didn't let any of that stop him. So...what others excuses are some guys going to try to hide behind now?

Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Lol! But you're making the OP's point because there are a lot of guys who don't have height and/or good looks or money on their side, yet a guy with none of that going for him still managed to marry, so he didn't let any of that stop him. So...what others excuses are some guys going to try to hide behind now?
He got lucky.

You do realize that men, from time to time, get women WAY out of their league for unknown reasons. This happens to women too (I've seen it).

It doesn't mean that OP's brother's recent success will translate into every single down-on-his-luck man's success overnight. It's hard to find a single woman that doesn't demand perfection.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
He got lucky.

You do realize that men, from time to time, get women WAY out of their league for unknown reasons. This happens to women too (I've seen it).

It doesn't mean that OP's brother's recent success will translate into every single down-on-his-luck man's success overnight. It's hard to find a single woman that doesn't demand perfection.
Ummm...it's called love dude.

You should try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships