Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 11:45 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,892,650 times

Advertisements

I think her age is somewhat irrelevant.

I didn't read all the responses, but my suggestion is: tell your husband you will work 40 hours per week, like any other American, and no more. Work with him to set a schedule you can live with, then tell him if he needs extra help, he can pay someone. Stand your ground. We have labor laws in this country for a reason.

Is he actually PAYING you? Or are you just contributing your time to support his business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 11:51 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post

I didn't read all the responses, but my suggestion is: tell your husband you will work 40 hours per week, like any other American, and no more. Work with him to set a schedule you can live with, then tell him if he needs extra help, he can pay someone. Stand your ground. We have labor laws in this country for a reason.

Is he actually PAYING you? Or are you just contributing your time to support his business?
Does he have to pay her? I don't really understand that. If they are married and she has no other source of income - isn't the money coming in "their" money anyway?

Old 11-15-2015, 12:04 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post

Labor laws do not apply here. They are owner's of a company. She is contributing time to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.

I think it would help if the OP would give the hours she works....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-15-2015, 12:56 PM

92 posts, read 83,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacey View Post
He lied to you. A 30-year-old saw a nice, naive 18-year-old in you, blew sunshine up your skirt, and got you to marry him before you knew what hit you. Now that you're married, he's showing you who he really is, a bully.

You might as well call a lawyer now and get the divorce over with.
A man that expects his wife to help work is a bully. I agree, women should be allowed to just do whatever they want whenever they want and men should just pay all of the bills. At 18 you are an adult with the right to vote but anything you do is excusable because you are a child. Why should a woman have to work.....?

Women fought for equality, now we have equality. Equality means that all women must down deal with the same crap and responsibly that men do. No excuses.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:37 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Maybe,

But the OP isn't blameless here. She has repeatedly said she wanted him to take care of her.
Well, yes, because that's what he offered her. And now she feels like he pulled a bait-and-switch. It's not at all normal for a 30-year-old to date a teenager. There could well have been a hidden agenda, as someone suggested--he thought she was naive and would be easy to manipulate.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:44 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, yes, because that's what he offered her. And now she feels like he pulled a bait-and-switch. It's not at all normal for a 30-year-old to date a teenager. There could well have been a hidden agenda, as someone suggested--he thought she was naive and would be easy to manipulate.

Or that's what she was looking for?

When I was 19, I didn't want a man to take care of me. I wanted to make it on my own. I wouldn't have been attracted to that of it were offered.

The OP wanted to be taken care of. She said that several times.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:49 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
Nowhere did the OP state she wants to go to college...she wants to stay at home and have babies. Maybe later get a job as a dog groomer, which is going to be close to minimum wage.
She gets tired from working?? Who doesn't ?
Wait until the baby or babies arrive...you're going to pray for a good nights sleep!
Typical young girl...wants it all and wants it now.
Love to see her hubby's perspective on this. Bet it's a completely different story.
You say the food truck is "successful"? No it's not. Not yet. Takes long hours of hard work to make it successful.
You should be grateful you have a hard working, ambitious husband. Support him and help make the business successful. THEN you can start a family, stay home, and and not have to worry about money so much. Good Lord!!

Old 11-15-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Or that's what she was looking for?

When I was 19, I didn't want a man to take care of me. I wanted to make it on my own. I wouldn't have been attracted to that of it were offered.

The OP wanted to be taken care of. She said that several times.
OK, fair enough. It takes two to tango.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Nowhere did the OP state she wants to go to college...she wants to stay at home and have babies. Maybe later get a job as a dog groomer, which is going to be close to minimum wage.
She gets tired from working?? Who doesn't ?
Wait until the baby or babies arrive...you're going to pray for a good nights sleep!
Typical young girl...wants it all and wants it now.
Love to see her hubby's perspective on this. Bet it's a completely different story.
You say the food truck is "successful"? No it's not. Not yet. Takes long hours of hard work to make it successful.
You should be grateful you have a hard working, ambitious husband. Support him and help make the business successful. THEN you can start a family, stay home, and and not have to worry about money so much. Good Lord!!
Correct. she never said she wanted to go to college. Some of us were hoping, I think, to inspire her, and to show her there's much more to life and she's capable of more than just hanging out with friends and/or taking care of kids. She should value herself more than as just a baby-maker.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
I still don't understand why people get married so soon after high school. You have 0 life experience, have no idea who you are, and you've basically lived a life in a box. The box is your home town and the school you went to.

It doesn't matter what you choose to do after high school. College isn't the only option, but you're not even giving yourself to grow and learn what type of person you want to be.

I don't believe the marriage will last unfortunately. OP will probably become another statistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships