Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 795 times

Advertisements

There's this guy at school who I met just before tg break, he's very sweet, interesting, etc., and has been coming over to our dorm room frequently (like 4 nights last week) to play music with my roommate, her boyfriend, and me, as well as hang out and talk. He's very quickly becoming a good friend and I'm also developing feelings for him. We connect really well as friends, and we stay up later and later talking, sometimes just the two of us. I'm just concerned about getting friend zoned. I think it's possible he could be interested in me but it's very hard to read because we enjoy each other as friends so much, and he's such a sweetheart so of course he's really nice to me. I dunno if he's ever flirted with me exactly, other than to compliment me, but he compliments my roommate too,so... Anyway, I'm not sure where to go with this situation? Do I tell him I like him? And if so, when and how? Or should I wait to see how it develops cause if he really does like me it'll work out and if not I won't risk losing a friend?
Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 01:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Ask him to go see Krampus with you. It's a scary movie, so you can clutch at him at all the jumpy parts. Grab his arm and leave your hand there.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:53 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times
Next time the two of you talk, tell him you really like him and are wondering how he feels about the two of you being more than just friends. Anything less than an enthusiastic response is a no.

And, no, this will not mess up the friendship as long as you let him know it is fine if he doesn't return you feelings.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ask him to go see Krampus with you. It's a scary movie, so you can clutch at him at all the jumpy parts. Grab his arm and leave your hand there.

Or leave your bra in the bathroom.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:51 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

works every time

Old 12-08-2015, 08:03 PM

149 posts, read 166,457 times
If he's coming over four nights a week he probably either likes you, your roommate or her boyfriend. The safe bet is that it is you that he likes. I personally would tell him or strongly hint that you like him. You could be subtle or wait for things to happen but I've found waiting can backfire.

If he doesn't like you. Things will be awkward at first but if he's good friendship material both of you should recover relatively quickly and get back to having the great rapport you have together now.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:48 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
...Or you could try the old "What would you say if I told you ... I am really starting to like you" kind of line. It removes the pressure a little and allows the person to answer without it being too personal or definite. He could then tell you what he is really coming over for - maybe.

Of course, it could be that he likes his friends gf too and wants to try his chances, but since he chats to you afterwards, it may not be that.

Can you get your friend/roomate to tell her boyfriend that you really like him? Then the guys can chat together and things would be clearer perhaps?

Old 12-09-2015, 01:31 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

Over the shoulder boulder holders?

Old 12-09-2015, 01:52 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,099,546 times
Rather than initially telling him how much you like "him", tell him how much you enjoy it when you get to "visit with him" or "spend time with him" and you look forward to "visiting with him again".

Less confrontational, same idea gets across.

If he responds that he likes spending time with you as well, then invite him out somewhere, just the two of you!

Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
works every time
That's what she said. Lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Over the shoulder boulder holders?
Is there any other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships