Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 05:02 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times

Advertisements

Yanno OP...self confidence is what is the sexy part. You are who you are. A mother of 2. Stretch marks can be seen as battle scars.
I m 53. I birthed 3 children! One of them a small whale. I am 5'2"...he was 8.15 on the baby whale scale. And I have the stretch marks to prove it.
I am also ancient....and gained weight when the peri-menopause monster hit me..back in 2009. But I have never given up sex, nor enjoying sex...naked.
It is time to regain your sex mojo OP. Embrace your female curves and enjoy them while still young and fresh. We weren't always meant to have 22 year old bodies. If we didn't have curves.....we'd all just be scrawny gangly 14 year old boys

P.S. I have since lost 55# ...halfway to goal. Don't give up...mold that body into what you see in your minds eye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 05:12 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Dim the lights to candle light level, have a glass of wine, and take them off. You'll be glad you did.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:37 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
^^This. I used to need a tall glass of wine before I loosened up enough to take it all off.

I went through the same thing after by first baby was born; even after getting back into shape it was hard to come to terms with the fact that stretchmarks are forever. (Anecdote: I was so clueless about all of this that, one day when the women at work were talking about stretchmarks and stretched out skin, I was all "Wait, that's permanent? Why am I just now hearing about this??"). My brilliant idea of doing it through a whole in the sheets ("Honey, wouldn't it be so romantic and mysterious?") was not met with enthusiasm, (and neither was my cutting out a picture of my face, taping it to a body in the Victoria's Secret catalog, and mounting it on the headboard) so booze and candlelight had to do. It took time. Yes, you are self-conscious and uncomfortable, but you're always going to be holding back with your husband if you're not willing to be vulnerable with him.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:49 AM

769 posts, read 830,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace822 View Post
How can we work this out?
By getting naked...

Your hangups about your own body are ridiculous.

AND

If you are that embarrassed about your body, fix it... go work out!

Old 12-04-2015, 05:50 AM

769 posts, read 830,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
That's how it's done on TV.
Because they can't show nudity on regular tv

Old 12-04-2015, 06:12 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Y One of them a small whale. I am 5'2"...he was 8.15 on the baby whale scale. And I have the stretch marks to prove it.
That's like my oldest: I'm 4'10 with no hips, and he was a 9 pounder, thus the source of my stretchmarks, lol. They make a nice trump card now when he's getting mouthy. I hike up my shirt a tad, point to the battle scars and say "Look at this. The least you can do is quit giving me a hard time."

Old 12-04-2015, 06:12 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace822 View Post

But lately he has become frustrated with this and wants me to be fully naked.
You have half the battle won right here ^^^.

The other half is in YOUR head.

I understand what you're saying, because I went through a time when, well, let's just say that I couldn't get into it unless we started a certain way and i was wearing a certain thing that could only be removed to a certain point. It's just a mindset that results from a combination of factors, but you can work through it.

One of the benefits of being in a committed relationship is that you and your partner can work through problems like this and have these times of insecurity while still secure in the knowledge that you will be there for each other and that you both have the same goal in mind.

It's not always easy to just strip down and go at it "warts and all." It's beyond insecurity. It can be a turnOFF.

So I advise you to talk to your husband and get him involved in helping you get over this obstacle. The things that will help are honesty, low or no lights, and yes, wine.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:15 AM

649 posts, read 570,591 times
Maybe the two of you can find some middle ground for now and slowly work your way to full blown nudity. The shorts and undies have got to go! Perhaps the next few times just try it with a sexy nightie on top and with the lights off. Then maybe you can work your way up to the nightie top on but with soft candles in the room. After you get comfortable with that try starting with the top on then take it off after you've begun. Eventually you can work your way to being totally naked.

I know everyone is telling you to just get over your hang ups and get naked but for some people it's not that simple. Is it possible to save up for a tummy tuck? It's not going to cure all your naked problems but it might make you feel a little better about your body. Good luck.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:45 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,711 times
OP-your husband wants you. WANTS=DESIRES. He finds you desirable as you are.
He doesn't see the stretchmarks...as negative. Part of the whole sex department...is having the "DESIRE" for that special someone. I find it more of a turn on to be desired. That is so much part of the equation.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:54 AM

6,424 posts, read 4,917,410 times
As a man I find pajamas, tank top, underwear during sex a huge turnoff. My wife has stretch marks and it doesn't bother me in the least. My advice is not to cool hubby's ardor or else you may have no sex at all if he tires of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships