Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 08:30 AM

252 posts, read 188,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Now you're doing the same thing you protested in the beginning of this thread.
The hypocrisy is quite thick here. It's almost like she created this thread knowing men would chime in only so she could call then detective

Old 12-11-2015, 08:37 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Well, at that point, we're dealing with semantic verbiage. I'm just picking out numbers here, but his reads that a 50 year old woman would be more likely to want a 50 year old man (assuming he's successful, in shape, and attractive), and your post reads that she'd prefer someone younger. He's comparing "older to older", and you're suggesting that the comparison is actually "older (women) to younger (men)".

Anon said: the successful, in shape, attractive older men, the ones the older women actually desire.

You said: the successful, in shape, attractive younger men, the ones the older women actually desire.

Given only that context, I believe that anon's statement is "more" correct, not the one you "fixed".

My post indicated that, for LTR's, women are more likely to prefer someone close to their age. Do May/December relationships happen and succeed? Absolutely. But if we're talking generalities here, then I still maintain that anon's post was more correct before you edited it.
It depends from whose point of view. Women have been conditioned to a lot of thinking, some of that come from men.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:39 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It depends from whose point of view. Women have been conditioned to a lot of thinking, some of that come from men.
And for that, I'm taking the opinion of the women who keep chiming in here saying that they'd prefer a LTR of someone their own age rather than a younger man. If you truly believe that men have somehow conditioned women into dating men their own age, then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post

Leftovers, especially men, who are single by a certain age, are so for a reason, i.e. committment phobes, ugly ducklings, manwhores, narcissisists, bipolars..etc
Now we get to the crux of the issue. Men who will not commit to you ("manwhores" & "commitment phobes") must be defective, because hey, obviously nothing is wrong with you. Gotta label all the bad men out there

Plenty of career driven men forego marriage till they are well established. In my case, I'm taking foreign assignment in Germany. I have no desire to take someone with me. Maybe I'll meet someone there, I don't know. My focus however is work, learning the language, and my masters degree.

So I guess I'd be a commitment phobe or a man ***** lol, even though I was in two relationships for four years of my twenties.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better That attractive men over 30 won't commit to you. It's them, not you. I mean, you're kind of proving my point from earlier through your bitterness

Old 12-11-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
And for that, I'm taking the opinion of the women who keep chiming in here saying that they'd prefer a LTR of someone their own age rather than a younger man. If you truly believe that men have somehow conditioned women into dating men their own age, then I don't know what to tell you.
This is simply a woman trying to change biology and claim men are women are exactly the same thus both sexes desire younger mates.

The give away was the term "conditioned."

Old 12-11-2015, 08:47 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoninternetguy View Post
Now we get to the crux of the issue. Men who will not commit to you ("manwhores" & "commitment phobes") must be defective, because hey, obviously nothing is wrong with you.
Don't forget, "There aren't as many quality men". While true, there are also fewer quality women to compete with for said men, and the ratios are still the same.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Don't forget, "There aren't as many quality men". While true, there are also fewer quality women to compete with for said men, and the ratios are still the same.
I agree. And its also subjective.

There was a poster here, I can't remember her name, who followed me around threads after I said there just weren't that many quality women I was finding. She would follow me around, bring up the statement, and blame me for it. I'm sure she's banned now, was off topic every time.

My point though is that its subjective. My idea of quality woman, I can guarantee you, was miles off of what she believed a quality woman is. And that brings me back to your point that a lot of people think men and women desire the same things in a partner, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:12 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
No I'm saying women have been conditioning to date older men because that's what's men preference. Which you said you agree with annon.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:12 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Analyst View Post
I agree with you, too. However, I think there is definitely bigger emphasis, for men, on physical sexual attraction. I think they will, for the most part, always strive to find the most attractive mate (to them) that they can attract. They will look for similar interests and compatibility, too. However, physical sexual attraction will supersede that in most cases. I could be wrong, but this has been my experience and observation.

For women, I think there's going to be less dependency on financial security due to our evolution to a more egalitarian payscale in the workforce. And there's going to be more focus, for them, to find a mate with similar interests and higher compatibility.
Yes I agree.
But attractiveness is subjective. Some posters equate attractiveness only to age. Really not all younger women are more attractive than older women, equally attractive yes younger would win out. I dont know about men but personally ones personality/character/demeanor can add to or take away for their physical appearance. While I certainly don't deny there are men who only want younger women, if they will have him, I just don't agree that age and the fact we are not as physically attractive as we age have any significant impact on dating.
Now would the average man engage in a sexual relations with a younger woman given the opportunity over an older woman, probably 99.999% of the time, yes. But then I'd dare say the average woman would also prefer a younger man. I would bet even among homosexuals this would be true.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
No I'm saying women have been conditioning to date older men because that's what's men preference. Which you said you agree with annon.
Attraction and desire are not learned or conditioned. They are natural impulses. This new age social conditioning theory is nonsense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships