Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2015, 12:26 AM

5 posts, read 2,703 times

Advertisements

Ok so to start the story, I have had a thing for my co worker (and visa versa) that started to become more apparent working together over time. It became pretty apparent when we had each other's numbers.

I would make attempts to hang out with her outside of work, but she always had an excuse or played it off. I was pretty upset about that and felt like I was being led on. We eventually had an honest discussion with each other, and she admitted to me that she has a boyfriend who is currently in marine boot camp. She said that although we can't be together now, she would always care for me. I agreed and thanked her for her honesty.

But even after we settled our feelings, she always seemed to stir things up. She would text me late at night out of nowhere. She would say things like "Is it bad for me to think this way when I have a boyfriend?". I told her I wasn't judging her, seeing that its hard for me to control how I feel about her.

A few days before her boyfriend was graduating boot camp, she texted me saying "You're falling for me, and I'm sorry". I taken off guard by this, and said "I thought we already went over all of this...what more is there to say?" Then she started saying how at work I seem so different because I dont show how I feel...

Long story short, she was just stirring **** up with me that night because she felt bad about liking someone else while she was about to see her boyfriend. It honestly annoyed the hell out of me, because I didnt want any drama. And we ended up not saying a word to each other the last few days before she left to see him. All because of that dumb conversation that she started.

So now shes at Parris Island to see him, and I have no choice but to accept it and move on. Trying my best not to think about her is tough, because I like her a lot.

So heres my dilemma...I know I have no choice but to forget her and scrap any ideas of us being together. It got really complicated between us and I just need to leave this whole ordeal in the past. So the best solution is get out there and talk to other girls.

But right now...I feel like im putting a lot of pressure on myself. I really dont want to be this dude whos caught up over a taken girl, but im going on a family vacation in a week so any progress I make with a woman will diminish seeing that ill be gone for a good amount of time.

I just want to move on from this...I know the only way to conquer my emotions for her is to find other girls...but am I putting too much pressure on myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 12:42 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
The situation will be less complicated when you block her access to you and only discuss work related issues while at work and do not spend any time with her outside of business hours. No breaks together, no lunch together, no chatting about anything but work related topics.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The situation will be less complicated when you block her access to you and only discuss work related issues while at work and do not spend any time with her outside of business hours. No breaks together, no lunch together, no chatting about anything but work related topics.
But I still like her as a person. Don't get me wrong, I have contemplated this plenty of times, but I don't want us to hate each other. I just want to remain distant until I feel like I have properly moved on.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverIfeel View Post
But I still like her as a person. Don't get me wrong, I have contemplated this plenty of times, but I don't want us to hate each other. I just want to remain distant until I feel like I have properly moved on.
Which is the exact reason you remain cordial at work and do not see, talk to or text outside of business hours and limit your business hours contact to business related topics only, nothing personal.

Or things remain as they are and she continues to lead you around knowing there will be nothing more than friendship between you.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Which is the exact reason you remain cordial at work and do not see, talk to or text outside of business hours and limit your business hours contact to business related topics only, nothing personal.

Or things remain as they are and she continues to lead you around knowing there will be nothing more than friendship between you.
Well I will without a doubt limit any kind of bs she tries on me. But actively blocking her would imply that I hate her or that I am hurt by this. And I don't think that is an attractive look.

Trust me dude...if she does text me something, I will think very long and very hard about any kind of response I would possibly give back.

Old 12-13-2015, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverIfeel View Post
Well I will without a doubt limit any kind of bs she tries on me. But actively blocking her would imply that I hate her or that I am hurt by this. And I don't think that is an attractive look.

Trust me dude...if she does text me something, I will think very long and very hard about any kind of response I would possibly give back.

You are hurt so why try to hide it?
Also I am not a "dude".
Anyway, you asked, I answered, you gave excuses as to why you can't cut her off so carry on as you are now since you seem to want the current treatment to continue.....

Old 12-13-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
You are hurt so why try to hide it?
Also I am not a "dude".
Anyway, you asked, I answered, you gave excuses as to why you can't cut her off so carry on as you are now since you seem to want the current treatment to continue.....
Well thats the thing, I have no idea wtf is gonna happen when shes back. Itll be weird thats for sure. But i have a feeling that shes not going to text me anymore. Maybe if she keeps it up ill go with your option. I know I cannot under any circumstances get caught up in this anymore.

And I'm hurt yes, but part of me wonders how much is hurt and how much is me being needy. And after I tried to talk to other girls, I felt a lot more at peace. Which makes me question if I really like her or if Im just a needy ******.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships