Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 10:05 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

Interestingly, recent neuropsych research has indicated that memories formed before the age of three do not generally last into adulthood (this has been known for a while), and that memories formed earlier than that fade by the age of seven or so. Maybe you're a neurological anomaly, but the odds of you having solid memories as an adult from one year of age are pretty slim.
Honestly that is the ONLY memory I have from before age 4. Me and my mother lived through Hurricane Hugo in Columbia, SC which from her memory raised hell and high water, literally. I wouldn't say it was a solid memory but I remember being in the hospital and walking down the hall with my father and him not saying much of note about the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 07:15 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This is totally uncalled for. Do you really think the woman in the OP would have wanted to choose a guy she was not exclusive with to be her baby's father? God, I swear people think us millennials are brainless. What we have here is a simple case of unplanned pregnancy (which OP should learn from and get serious on birth control) but both parties were willing to make the best of a bad situation which sadly ended tragically.
See, this is why this crap happens. Did you REALLY just ask me if I thought a woman would get pregnant by a guy she is not exclusive with?????? Yeah I do...and just for that reason. She WANTS more of him than what she has, and a baby is one way to do it. HELLO?? Damn can you be that naïve?? There are women that I KNOW have done that.

A simple case of unplanned pregnancy?? A simple case of unplanned pregnancy?? Well, there are a ton of those 'unplanned pregnancies' popping up, now aren't there? . I've even seen a chick do this with a married guy she was screwing. Do you really think all these 'unplanned pregnancies' are a mistake?? I swear, I wish every woman in that situation had to take a lie detector test, then you would see.

Again, this is part of the reason this stuff happens. You sit here and pat these people ( women AND MEN)on the head and feel sorry for them. No one holds these people responsible for the choices they are making. No one wants to do that. You bury your heads in the sand. This is the year 2015. NO WAY IN H*LL SHOULD WOMEN BE GETTING PREGNANT LEFT AND RIGHT SO EASILY!!!!!!. Come on, man. Birth control is there for the taking. And guess what, it works. IF you use it! But no, people want to play fast and loose with that because they just don't care, or they have other motives. It's like half the people out here don't even think about actually bringing a child into a established family unit where the child was planned and wanted by both parents. No, that is apparently outdated thinking.

Then we are supposed to sit here and feel sorry for them? Yeah..well I don't. I'm sure I'm pissing people off, so I will stop posting on this. And obviously these two have already received their judgement.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Ya ... Maybe the kind of women you know, but as a women the last thing on earth I would ever want is to have a child with a man who I was not married to.
That's YOU...you aren't every woman, now ARE you????? You may not smoke crack either, but others do.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Wow, just wow. Really...omg wow.
Yup..truth hurts

Old 12-15-2015, 07:21 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
See, this is why this crap happens. Did you REALLY just ask me if I thought a woman would get pregnant by a guy she is not exclusive with?????? Yeah I do...and just for that reason. She WANTS more of him than what she has, and a baby is one way to do it. HELLO?? Damn can you be that naïve?? There are women that I KNOW have done that.

A simple case of unplanned pregnancy?? A simple case of unplanned pregnancy?? Well, there are a ton of those 'unplanned pregnancies' popping up, now aren't there? . I've even seen a chick do this with a married guy she was screwing. Do you really think all these 'unplanned pregnancies' are a mistake?? I swear, I wish every woman in that situation had to take a lie detector test, then you would see.

Again, this is part of the reason this stuff happens. You sit here and pat these people ( women AND MEN)on the head and feel sorry for them. No one holds these people responsible for the choices they are making. No one wants to do that. You bury your heads in the sand. This is the year 2015. NO WAY IN H*LL SHOULD WOMEN BE GETTING PREGNANT LEFT AND RIGHT SO EASILY!!!!!!. Come on, man. Birth control is there for the taking. And guess what, it works. IF you use it! But no, people want to play fast and loose with that because they just don't care, or they have other motives. It's like half the people out here don't even think about actually bringing a child into a established family unit where the child was planned and wanted by both parents. No, that is apparently outdated thinking.

Then we are supposed to sit here and feel sorry for them? Yeah..well I don't. I'm sure I'm pissing people off, so I will stop posting on this. And obviously these two have already received their judgement.
It's true. Statistics say that unplanned pregnancies among teens have gone way down. So at least some of those must be "planned" or schemed.

I still can't believe the OP allowed that to happen. He says, "Yeah, I guess I should be more careful in the future....".

Old 12-18-2015, 08:38 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Wow! Same style of writing and everything. All posters who just joined the forums this year

Weird.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:26 PM

110 posts, read 75,965 times
yes you were a little insensitive. i know you probably don't feel the same loss for the baby as she did because she actually had the baby in her for so long and she got used to the idea of having her around for forever. in your case you barely knew the baby, all you know was that you were becoming a dad.
you could've been more sensitive with her though. she just had a great loss, you should've let her grieve longer before telling her to donate all the clothes. but it is a good idea to donate the clothes so she wouldn't have that constant reminder of what she lost.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:51 AM

60 posts, read 52,808 times
First of all...as a mother of one having had a miscarriage fairly early in the pregnancy?I was devastated..My son was 8...I was test ready for another baby...
But this woman carried almost to term..
How could you tell her"there was no baby?"

When you feel life moving inside of you..the anticipation of your child and to lose the child? Devastation
For you tell her to move on so soon After??
Needless....heartless and crass....imo..
Second....
Just A QUERY....
IF you don't want children wouldn't it be logical to wear a condom?
And if you do not care to be exclusive?
Don't you think it would be logical to not get so involved..I.e..sex is one thing but dates? Indicate a little more...
Maybe be up front right away...just Thought..
I didn't read any other posts so if you did state this I apologize..
Finally?I wouldn't respond to you either...you don't deserve it.
Nice
Move on..

Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 PM

469 posts, read 398,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege
Seems like the dead baby is just a new twist?

How to apologise to my son's mother?

Am I losing my manliness because of the baby?

How to show gratitude to my son's mother?

OP, why are you making this stuff up? Your writing style is obvious, and you even use the same unique phrases in your other posts. You are a sick troll, and I bet you've never even been with a woman, let alone cruise around town picking up chicks like they are available at a fast-food drive thru. Sick, sad, troll.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:14 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,634 times
It was insensitive yes but what is done is done...let it go. Us men are sometimes straightforward and blunt, but she needed your support.

I don't wanna be all spiritual but the Lord works in mysterious ways.

A baby girl growing up without a father? Maybe she can grow up good or maybe not.

A 26 yr old single mother? Perhaps this tragedy would make her think twice about getting pregnant without a relationship first.

And for you my friend is a lesson, on having protection, specially if you are "sleeping around".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships