Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 11:07 PM

4 posts, read 3,941 times

Advertisements

We first met each other coincidentally and afterwards we had great talk, harmony and I felt something click there. I believe he is the man of my life whom I have always been looking for.
Since we are in different places, it's difficult to meet in person, we planned for last week but I had urgent work to do so I asked him to work out his Christmas schedule. At first he was ok but then mentioned that his parents preferred him to be with them during Christmas and would make it up for me during Jan. I am feeling disappointed with that decision and wondering if I am too much asking him to spend his Christmas with me while we've just met twice? I am asking because I feel desperately want to meet him, never felt the same way before so I don't know how to act right and appropriate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 11:20 PM

583 posts, read 715,474 times
That's a bit too soon, especially if he has family he would primarily spend the holidays with.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,667,890 times
I met my husband four days before traveling hundreds of miles to spend Christmas with my family. He was okay with waiting till I got back into town.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:18 AM

186 posts, read 158,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny840107 View Post
We first met each other coincidentally and afterwards we had great talk, harmony and I felt something click there. I believe he is the man of my life whom I have always been looking for.
Since we are in different places, it's difficult to meet in person, we planned for last week but I had urgent work to do so I asked him to work out his Christmas schedule. At first he was ok but then mentioned that his parents preferred him to be with them during Christmas and would make it up for me during Jan. I am feeling disappointed with that decision and wondering if I am too much asking him to spend his Christmas with me while we've just met twice? I am asking because I feel desperately want to meet him, never felt the same way before so I don't know how to act right and appropriate
That is too early.

I can understand he wants to spend it with his family.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:23 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,333,155 times
Quote:

Have you actually met in real life?
Personally I would not take time away from my family on a holiday to spend time with someone I had only talked to a couple times.
Building a potential relationship can wait until after the holidays.
Does he know you are making life long plans for him already?

Old 12-20-2015, 03:48 AM

332 posts, read 295,062 times
Relax... Jan is right around the corner, he's not gonna get hitched during that short time span. Go find yourself something to do during the holidays, don't revolve your life around someone you barely know.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:01 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,046,934 times
Quote:
Have you met him twice already or still desperately wanting to meet him?

Old 12-20-2015, 05:04 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,931,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Hmmm these story tellers need to edit their shyt better.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:12 AM

186 posts, read 158,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
To me, I am not even a native speaker, it is pretty obvious she already saw him two times and she wants to see him again.
Maybe she should have added the "again" to her sentence, but it seems pretty obvious what she means.

Old 12-20-2015, 05:15 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,046,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koeken View Post
To me, I am not even a native speaker, it is pretty obvious she already saw him two times and she wants to see him again.
Maybe she should have added the "again" to her sentence, but it seems pretty obvious what she means.
Then she should have said she desperately wanted to see him again. If she has already met him twice, it seems silly to "meet" yet again. Unless she can't remember him from the previous two meets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships