Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 05:33 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,485,477 times

Advertisements

First off, end this and focus on local prospects.

Yes, a guy would spend part of his Christmas Day with you for a 3rd date. If he's not spending the day with his family for whatever reason, none of his friends were available because they were spending time with their own families or a significant others' family, and he's not working (fairly probable), he'd certainly be open to doing so. He might not bother to ask because he might assume you are already booked that day and he does not want to look like he has nothing else going on that day. So if a woman indicated she was open and the guy knew he was open, I think he'd go for it. Date planning is a little tougher on Christmas Day because a lot of things are closed, but with enough creativity, a viable date option can be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 07:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,423,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny840107 View Post
We first met each other coincidentally and afterwards we had great talk, harmony and I felt something click there. I believe he is the man of my life whom I have always been looking for.
Since we are in different places, it's difficult to meet in person, we planned for last week but I had urgent work to do so I asked him to work out his Christmas schedule. At first he was ok but then mentioned that his parents preferred him to be with them during Christmas and would make it up for me during Jan. I am feeling disappointed with that decision and wondering if I am too much asking him to spend his Christmas with me while we've just met twice? I am asking because I feel desperately want to meet him, never felt the same way before so I don't know how to act right and appropriate
Yes, you're asking too much.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:35 AM

11,829 posts, read 12,089,447 times
I met my husband a week before Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve Day together since it was a vacation day for both of us, and then went our separate ways for the evening and Christmas Day.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:04 AM

19,948 posts, read 9,511,488 times
Depends on how serious (crazy) he is about you. With every serious relationship I have ever had, we both knew immediately that we were the right one for each other (at the time, anyway)! With both myself and the men in my life, family always came second to any serious relationship we had. (My family and I have never been close, and ditto for the men in my life.) If he thought you might be "the one", he would either have Christmas with you or invite you to join him in his family festivities.

My instinct is that you are pushing too hard and that you are much more interested in him than he is in you. If you really like him, my advice is to back off and make other plans for the holidays.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:13 AM

216 posts, read 213,763 times
Quote:
will a guy spend his Christmas with you for the 3rd date?
I wouldn't... The reason being is if there has only been two dates, then that's not enough time shared, to be intruding into a time when everyone should be with their family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships