Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 10:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Generally if someone is having a rebound relationship they don't know they're having a rebound relationship. That is why they're problematic.

If you just want to date / see someone casually, that's fine. Nothing wrong with not jumping into something serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like even people not looking for a serious relationship don't really want to be used as a distraction while someone gets over an ex. Take a break from dating until you get over your ex. I'm not sure why people find that so difficult. Is it so bad to be alone for awhile?
Lots of people find dating new people helps them move on from old relationships. Plus dating in itself is enjoyable. It's often good to get back out there and date, IMO. Just don't use people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Just put in the profile that you just want to have some fun and need a rebound guy. This is a plus for many guys.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-21-2015, 01:23 PM

260 posts, read 239,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
I've been going through a break-up and I'm still hung up on my ex. I told one Tinder guy about my situation because I was genuinely interested in him - wasn't expecting it at all. We met up once for a drink before I went back home for winter break and he told me he didn't want to date me until I was 100% over ex, as he's too good to be a rebound (which he really is). Fast forward to a few days ago, he told me to never contact him again (got into a stupid argument) and before doing so, mentioned my ex. I know the ex situation had a lot to do with him cutting contact with me, but I didn't want to be dishonest about it so I told him early on. Should I not mention this to Tinder guys? It's my first time using it and I've always had a very neutral/negative view of Tinder, always thought it was more of a "hook-up" app, not something people use to find a real relationship. However, most of the guys I've interacted with has, at the very least, subtly expressed that they're looking for a serious relationship. I don't want to "hook-up" with random people or have a serious relationship either; I'm looking for a distraction at the most, but whatever happens happens.

I mean Tinder is mostly based off of pictures, is it really wrong to treat those guys as a rebound? I'll probably get a lot of sht for asking this question lol, but just dating for fun as a distraction has really helped with the break-up (which I've been miserable about and lost weight over).
It's tinder. Think about it. The only way you and anyone else will strike up a conversation is on the mutual agreement that you both aren't ugly. What possible meaningful thing could anyone hope to get from that.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:39 PM

332 posts, read 294,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
It's tinder. Think about it. The only way you and anyone else will strike up a conversation is on the mutual agreement that you both aren't ugly. What possible meaningful thing could anyone hope to get from that.
That's what I thought initially, but it seems like a lot of guys are looking for something long-term. I don't understand why, it's Tinder not Match.com lol.

Is it really necessary to state on my profile that I'm just there looking for a rebound? Seems kinda silly to do that.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:41 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
That's what I thought initially, but it seems like a lot of guys are looking for something long-term. I don't understand why, it's Tinder not Match.com lol.

Is it really necessary to state on my profile that I'm just there looking for a rebound? Seems kinda silly to do that.
Lots of females and males use Tinder to look for long term relationships.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:42 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

It is silly. Just say you're looking to meet people and date casually. Keep it simple. Rebounds aren't planned.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:54 PM

332 posts, read 294,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It is silly. Just say you're looking to meet people and date casually. Keep it simple. Rebounds aren't planned.
I've told only one guy because I developed a small crush on him, but nothing good came from it. He would bring up ex during conversations and act jealous for no good reason. I can't help how I feel. He said he was fine with being friends first, but I could tell it was wired into his head that I'll never get over my ex. Why do people expect things when you barely know them? Like come on

Old 12-21-2015, 01:59 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:

I mean Tinder is mostly based off of pictures, is it really wrong to treat those guys as a rebound? I'll probably get a lot of sht for asking this question lol, but just dating for fun as a distraction has really helped with the break-up (which I've been miserable about and lost weight over).

It's wrong to treat ANYONE as a rebound. Get thee a vibrator and some batteries until you're over your ex. It isn't fair to the guy.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:32 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
I've been going through a break-up and I'm still hung up on my ex. I told one Tinder guy about my situation because I was genuinely interested in him - wasn't expecting it at all. We met up once for a drink before I went back home for winter break and he told me he didn't want to date me until I was 100% over ex, as he's too good to be a rebound (which he really is). Fast forward to a few days ago, he told me to never contact him again (got into a stupid argument) and before doing so, mentioned my ex. I know the ex situation had a lot to do with him cutting contact with me, but I didn't want to be dishonest about it so I told him early on. Should I not mention this to Tinder guys? It's my first time using it and I've always had a very neutral/negative view of Tinder, always thought it was more of a "hook-up" app, not something people use to find a real relationship. However, most of the guys I've interacted with has, at the very least, subtly expressed that they're looking for a serious relationship. I don't want to "hook-up" with random people or have a serious relationship either; I'm looking for a distraction at the most, but whatever happens happens.

So you want to hurt and mislead guys to make you feel better?

Read a book.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:37 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I believe it is wrong to treat anyone as a rebound. Would you want to be treated that way?
Don't use people *just for fun*, take the time you need to get over the break up.
If you want a *distraction* take up a new hobby that does not include using people or dating.
This!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships