Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 01:13 PM

91 posts, read 119,251 times

Advertisements

Yesterday at Christmas dinner at his parent's house my husband told his mom that a girl they know walked up to him Sunday at church and simply made the announcement that she was now divorced. When I asked him about it he said he looked at it as nothing. Sunday during service our pastor was trying to raise some money so he called my husband down and gave him a bunch of envelopes and told him that after church he wanted him to stand there and have the members come up and get an envelope for their contribution. This girl, whom my husband said was a few years younger than him walked up to him and while they were talking she told him that she was now divorced. When I questioned my husband as to why she did that he said, "I don't know, you need to ask her." He's known their family for years and said that it wasn't a big secret that her and he husband were not on the best of terms. I just feel that's strange of her to walk up to a married guy and just tell him she was ow singe. What woman does that? My husband said they were just chatting. He asked her how she had been cause she hadn't been to church in a while and that's when she said it.

Was she hitting on him of giving him the idea that she may now be back on the market? Today I asked him about it again and his reply to me was more on the defensive side. "Why are you asking me this again?" He then said, "why would she want me, a married man, when she could easily go after the pastor who's single and more available to get out and hang out?"

Should I worry that she may be up to something like possibly giving out some clues that she's single and read to mingle?

Ladies, if you had been married and recently divorced do you / would you go around announcing to every single guy you know that you were now divorced without it being some sign or clue to the guy? It sort of makes me wonder if "maybe" my husband may have said something to her in the past. He said they've known each other pretty much all their lives and he thought nothing of it.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:18 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
You'll need a lot more evidence than this to make a case. It only happened last Sunday (I gather). Wait to see if anything more happens. It sounds like you're digging for problems, at this point. Brush it off unless she starts hanging around him more.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
Yesterday at Christmas dinner at his parent's house my husband told his mom that a girl they know walked up to him Sunday at church and simply made the announcement that she was now divorced. When I asked him about it he said he looked at it as nothing. Sunday during service our pastor was trying to raise some money so he called my husband down and gave him a bunch of envelopes and told him that after church he wanted him to stand there and have the members come up and get an envelope for their contribution. This girl, whom my husband said was a few years younger than him walked up to him and while they were talking she told him that she was now divorced. When I questioned my husband as to why she did that he said, "I don't know, you need to ask her." He's known their family for years and said that it wasn't a big secret that her and he husband were not on the best of terms. I just feel that's strange of her to walk up to a married guy and just tell him she was ow singe. What woman does that? My husband said they were just chatting. He asked her how she had been cause she hadn't been to church in a while and that's when she said it.

Was she hitting on him of giving him the idea that she may now be back on the market? Today I asked him about it again and his reply to me was more on the defensive side. "Why are you asking me this again?" He then said, "why would she want me, a married man, when she could easily go after the pastor who's single and more available to get out and hang out?"

Should I worry that she may be up to something like possibly giving out some clues that she's single and read to mingle?

Ladies, if you had been married and recently divorced do you / would you go around announcing to every single guy you know that you were now divorced without it being some sign or clue to the guy? It sort of makes me wonder if "maybe" my husband may have said something to her in the past. He said they've known each other pretty much all their lives and he thought nothing of it.
If she is trying to hit on your husband, what are you going to do about it?

Old 12-26-2015, 01:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I'm going to answer, as if you'll ever actually come back to this thread.

You sure do find a lot of problems at church. I wish our church was this exciting.

She told him she is now divorced. She didn't say, "I'm single." Nor did she say, "Finally, we can be together."

Your husband is a youth minister, right? Does she have kids in the youth program? Maybe she thought he needed to know ... for pastoral reasons.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:47 PM

91 posts, read 119,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm going to answer, as if you'll ever actually come back to this thread.

You sure do find a lot of problems at church. I wish our church was this exciting.

She told him she is now divorced. She didn't say, "I'm single." Nor did she say, "Finally, we can be together."

Your husband is a youth minister, right? Does she have kids in the youth program? Maybe she thought he needed to know ... for pastoral reasons.
No, her child is not in the youth program. I think he's older and kind of aged out of it. I just think that it's strange for a woman to announce to a married guy that she's now single and divorced.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:55 PM

833 posts, read 657,867 times
OP read your post; you indicated that this person only responded to your husband that she is divorced when your husband asked her about not having seen her in the church. That answers the question that she was only giving him this as information and not to get him to go out with him.

I would say next time speak with her and tell her you learnt of her divorce and that you are happy to make yourself available if she wishes to talk.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:02 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
OP read your post; you indicated that this person only responded to your husband that she is divorced when your husband asked her about not having seen her in the church. That answers the question that she was only giving him this as information and not to get him to go out with him.

I would say next time speak with her and tell her you learnt of her divorce and that you are happy to make yourself available if she wishes to talk.
No, then she might want to come over and hang out at the OP's house just to get to her husband.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:09 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post

Something along these lines wouldn't be a bad idea, if there are any further "incidents". However, unless there are, I think the OP should just forget about it. One could read things into it, the way she presented it, but there could also be nothing to it. It's premature to worry, IMO.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:10 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
No I don think so but I have to hear it in person. My radar is much better in person.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:26 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
OMG leave your husband alone. Why keep asking him why someone else said something to him?!!!

I don't know how he can live like this.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.