Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 09:18 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,188,270 times

Advertisements

I know it has gone around, first date horror stories and the like.

Wondering what *you* did that made a date go south. Perhaps you were used in their example ? (heheheh)

I have a problem back tooth. The space means big chunks of food get stuck and it "hurts" until I remove it. I felt the discomfort on a dinner date. Without thinking, I whip out my floss and go out at. At the table. While he is eating and we are in public. Not only do I floss but I really look at the food I dislodged, stuck there on the floss. I wasn't discrete lol.

No recovery on that one. I could only think of the discomfort of that food and how I wanted relief. Oops, I wasn't home and I had to be made of sugar and spice only heh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 10:02 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,375,977 times
Um... I got nothin'. I've never had a bad date, but I've had a number where there was no chemistry. A few where the date was socially awkward or inexperienced.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:10 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,466,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Um... I got nothin'. I've never had a bad date, but I've had a number where there was no chemistry. A few where the date was socially awkward or inexperienced.
Any date that is the last interaction is a bad date. A first date that does not lead to a second date is a bad date. A third date that does not lead to a fourth date is a bad date. Things usually end badly, otherwise they would not end.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,007,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Any date that is the last interaction is a bad date. A first date that does not lead to a second date is a bad date. A third date that does not lead to a fourth date is a bad date. Things usually end badly, otherwise they would not end.

I don't agree with this at all. I've had several very nice dates where we did not have another. The chemistry just wasn't there, or we were looking for different things. I still had a nice time. Nothing bad at all about it.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:37 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,798,797 times
Ooh, I've got a bunch. But here's the one I share the most.

In a former life, I played poker for a living, which generally kept me pretty liquid, financially...so I didn't carry a credit card at the time.

I had a particularly good session one evening, and deposited all but $500 of it in the bank. I wanted to go have a fancy dinner to celebrate, and I had just started seeing this girl (this would be our 3rd date), so I made kind of a big deal about it. "We're going someplace fancy tonight, dress appropriately", etc. I have a little bit of a douchey/pretentious streak already and it was only magnified by my lifestyle at the time.

So we meet at the restaurant; a place I've eaten at before. While dinner there isn't cheap, it's not OUTRAGEOUS either (or at least hadn't been in the past). They ask if we'd like the special - a whole lobster and filet mignon. Yes, yes we would. My date was a wine aficionado, so sure, let's have a bottle of that really nice one. And so on.

After a wonderful date...the check arrives. Once I factor in the tip.....$850. Whoops. Apparently by "special", they meant "house special", not special as in "discounted". I didn't think to ask because a) it would conflict with the baller persona that I was trying to convey and b) I had $500, it couldn't cost more than that, right?

So here I am, on a THIRD date with a woman, having spent the earlier part of the evening playing the role of the "big-shot", HAVING TO ASK TO BORROW $350. I assured her that I had the money (and I really did, just not on me), but imagine how this sounds from her point of view:

A guy takes you out, makes something of a flashy display about it, and then asks to borrow $350 dollars from you. And not a husband or long term boyfriend, but a THIRD DATE. Thankfully, she was very accommodating about the whole thing and I paid her back once we left....but, yikes.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:14 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,454,130 times
I was driving a date to the movies - his car had broken down - and had to pull over at a 7-11 to throw up. There'd been a small bit of onion in my lunch that I didn't see; onions make me sick.

That was the first date - and should have been a sign. We dated off and on for 6 months; in hindsight, there really never should have been more than two dates. We had nothing in common and yet weren't opposite enough for it to be interesting. This was about 5 1/2 years ago and I haven't dated anyone since.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:25 AM

332 posts, read 294,812 times
I've had a date that didn't go so well and turned into one of those jerks that told my friend to call me and act like there was an emergency so I could get out of it. Pretty sure the guy saw through it too. Lol

Old 12-29-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Yeah... not in my book. A bad date to me is a date that, for whatever reason, did not go well. No or little conversation, dude was an asshat or really off-putting, basically a date that I wanted to bail on or end early.

I had great experiences, nice dates, even with men I didn't see as long term potential.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Ooh, I've got a bunch. But here's the one I share the most.

In a former life, I played poker for a living, which generally kept me pretty liquid, financially...so I didn't carry a credit card at the time.

I had a particularly good session one evening, and deposited all but $500 of it in the bank. I wanted to go have a fancy dinner to celebrate, and I had just started seeing this girl (this would be our 3rd date), so I made kind of a big deal about it. "We're going someplace fancy tonight, dress appropriately", etc. I have a little bit of a douchey/pretentious streak already and it was only magnified by my lifestyle at the time.

So we meet at the restaurant; a place I've eaten at before. While dinner there isn't cheap, it's not OUTRAGEOUS either (or at least hadn't been in the past). They ask if we'd like the special - a whole lobster and filet mignon. Yes, yes we would. My date was a wine aficionado, so sure, let's have a bottle of that really nice one. And so on.

After a wonderful date...the check arrives. Once I factor in the tip.....$850. Whoops. Apparently by "special", they meant "house special", not special as in "discounted". I didn't think to ask because a) it would conflict with the baller persona that I was trying to convey and b) I had $500, it couldn't cost more than that, right?

So here I am, on a THIRD date with a woman, having spent the earlier part of the evening playing the role of the "big-shot", HAVING TO ASK TO BORROW $350. I assured her that I had the money (and I really did, just not on me), but imagine how this sounds from her point of view:

A guy takes you out, makes something of a flashy display about it, and then asks to borrow $350 dollars from you. And not a husband or long term boyfriend, but a THIRD DATE. Thankfully, she was very accommodating about the whole thing and I paid her back once we left....but, yikes.

Do you have more of these stories? You're our resident ladies' man.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:47 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,798,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

Do you have more of these stories? You're our resident ladies' man.
Gobs of them. But it's hard to keep up the "ladies' man" persona if you remind people too frequently that you do things like "try to impress new dates with expensive dinners and subsequently fail at it!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships