Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 09:05 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,406,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOCFP View Post

I had a girl flake on me last week by telling me she couldn't see me because she got too drunk at her company party the night before and wanted to go home early to rest. Lol. Let's see what your potential date gives as the emergency.
Yes, here is a good one I got last week from a different girl. We had a date set for a Sunday. I texted her Saturday to lock down the details of where to meet, etc. Well, she proceeds to tell me sorry but she can't get together because she is really just visiting family for the holidays but actually lives out of state (Texas) and will be heading back soon.

I live in California. The fact she lives in Texas never came up when I first met her. It never came up in our initial text communications after we first met and talked about getting together. After she told me this, I asked her twice where in Texas she lives. She kept side stepping that question so I finally just said, "Well I really don't believe you but it's all good. Take care."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
At least she tried to reschedule the date, but I really hate when people flake the day of the date. I would give her another chance if I was really interested though. I mean, you both love Latin dance clubs so you have that in common.
Well, she is a Latina so her love of Latin culture comes natural. I also love latin culture/music (though I am not Latino). But yes since she threw out an alternative date and was apologetic so she gets one more shot for sure. I will get a good laugh if she tries to back out of the next one.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:10 PM

92 posts, read 127,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Yes, here is a good one I got last week from a different girl. We had a date set for a Sunday. I texted her Saturday to lock down the details of where to meet, etc. Well, she proceeds to tell me sorry but she can't get together because she is really just visiting family for the holidays but actually lives out of state (Texas) and will be heading back soon.

I live in California. The fact she lives in Texas never came up when I met her at a dance club. It never came up in our initial post-meeting at the club texts. I asked her twice where in Texas she lives. She kept side stepping that question so I finally just said, "Well I really don't believe you but it's all good. Take care."
She would rather leave the state than go out with you.

While we are on the topic. 2 weeks ago I went out with a girl. It went real well, we ended up at a club where we danced (and kissed) the night away. She told me that she couldn't wait to see me again and get to know more about me. When I asked her out again she replied that she was giving up dating altogether and was leaving nyc in February so it wasn't worth going out with me again.

We should start a thread about the best flakes.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
She would rather leave the state than go out with you.

While we are on the topic. 2 weeks ago I went out with a girl. It went real well, we ended up at a club where we danced (and kissed) the night away. She told me that she couldn't wait to see me again and get to know more about me. When I asked her out again she replied that she was giving up dating altogether and was leaving by in February so it wasn't worth going out with me again.

We should start a thread about the best flakes.
Wow, that is a good (or bad) one. Yeah, the flake factor is high. Glad I am not the only one.

Edit: I see you are in the NYC area. I am in Los Angeles. I think large cities are more prone to flaking than smaller towns/metros. Sure, flaking is not unique to NYC or LA but I am pretty sure the flake factor is above average in both places.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Wow, that is a good (or bad) one. Yeah, the flake factor is high. Glad I am not the only one.
I meant to say NYC, not by.

Of course you aren't the only one. When you go on a lot of dates it's gong to happen. But at ,east the excuses are so bad that I get some humor and entertaining out of them.

I had another flake who called me early Saturday afternoon telling me that she will be a little late to our date. I told her to text me when she got home so I could leave my house and not need to wait around. She texted me at 11:30pm telling me she just got home (for an 8pm date) and that she won't be able to make it out. Lol I knew when I got the call the date wasn't happening.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Edit: I see you are in the NYC area. I am in Los Angeles. I think large cities are more prone to flaking than smaller towns/metros. Sure, flaking is not unique to NYC or LA but I am pretty sure the flake factor is above average in both places.
100% true. The reason I believe is because there are so many options, people make multiple dates on the same day and in the day of, just choose the one they want to see the most.

Double, triple, and quadruple booking.

That's why I stopped doing the long text/phone nonsense pre date.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I meant to say NYC, not by.

Of course you aren't the only one. When you go on a lot of dates it's gong to happen. But at ,east the excuses are so bad that I get some humor and entertaining out of them.

I had another flake who called me early Saturday afternoon telling me that she will be a little late to our date. I told her to text me when she got home so I could leave my house and not need to wait around. She texted me at 11:30pm telling me she just got home (for an 8pm date) and that she won't be able to make it out. Lol I knew when I got the call the date wasn't happening.
Now that is really rude! I am not sure I could bite my tongue (or restring my fingers) from sending a scathing reply about how inconsiderate that was.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Now that is really rude! I am not sure I could bite my tongue (or restring my fingers) from sending a scathing reply about how inconsiderate that was.
I know what you mean but I refuse to give the flake the satisfaction of me showing anger toward them.

We had a great first date too, and she agreed to see me like 5 minutes after I asked her out again. I leaned that great first dates don't mean anything either.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:39 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,058,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
No, I don't think so. If she flakes, I agree that she would have flaked without the random, unplanned interaction. Female flaking is high so you've always got to be looking for new prospects until things are solidified in a relationship.
True.

Given that you met her at a club (and knowing the kind of women that frequent clubs), she may have actually liked that you were talking to other women.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 PM

Update: We actually went on our first date. She did not cancel this time. The date was longer than I typically consider optimal for a first date but that was ok. We seemed to have plenty to talk about. That said, she said is the type that likes to take things really slow. Not sure I am down for that...but I will probably give a second date a shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships