Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:30 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
Op,

You sound like you might be a little bit needy. I would suggest you guys have regular dates or movie nights to satisfy your need to be with him outside of sex. Personally, when I am at my house I am not really trying to be up my GF's butt. I will usually be reading stuff online, playing video games, watching movies (she can watch with me), cooking, cleaning, or sleeping.

You need to find your own hobbies to do around the house imo.
But by the OP's description, he's not even into sex. Instead of snuggling in bed with her in the morning, he got up at 5 a.m. to play his games. Most guys in their mid-20's wouldn't turn down snuggle time and sex on a weekend morning. Nor a weekend afternoon.

The OP said she doesn't usually bug him when he's into his games, but this recent time when she did, he was cold and rude.

Not much of a boyfriend, if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 08:35 AM

245 posts, read 193,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But by the OP's description, he's not even into sex. Instead of snuggling in bed with her in the morning, he got up at 5 a.m. to play his games. Most guys in their mid-20's wouldn't turn down snuggle time and sex on a weekend morning. Nor a weekend afternoon.

The OP said she doesn't usually bug him when he's into his games, but this recent time when she did, he was cold and rude.

Not much of a boyfriend, if you ask me.
IF he aint into sex then that is strange. OP needs to determine how important sex is for her going forward.

Id wager she bugs him a little more than she is letting on. Or at the very least thinks it.

If it was really a one time thing then he was being a little jerk.

I think the OP needs someone who is more clingy and needy.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:40 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaloaPaisa View Post
IF he aint into sex then that is strange. OP needs to determine how important sex is for her going forward.

Id wager she bugs him a little more than she is letting on. Or at the very least thinks it.

If it was really a one time thing then he was being a little jerk.

I think the OP needs someone who is more clingy and needy.
At 25, she needs to decide how important sex is to her, and whether she can live without it? These aren't 80-year-olds we're talking about, you know. If he's not into it, why is he even with her?

Agreed, that we don't have a clear picture of the clinginess factor on her side, if there is one. But still, a guy who spends 25-30 hrs./week playing video games isn't available for a normal relationship. I'm still curious to know if he spends all that time on the games in addition to working a 40-hr. week, or not.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
At 25, she needs to decide how important sex is to her, and whether she can live without it? These aren't 80-year-olds we're talking about, you know. If he's not into it, why is he even with her?

Agreed, that we don't have a clear picture of the clinginess factor on her side, if there is one. But still, a guy who spends 25-30 hrs./week playing video games isn't available for a normal relationship. I'm still curious to know if he spends all that time on the games in addition to working a 40-hr. week, or not.
Yes its funny to say at that age but hey, this is the situation the OP finds herself in lol

Old 01-03-2016, 08:49 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Yeah the things he's said to you was jerkish, but you are also being super needy and clingy.

"I want to spend all of my time with him." and "My heart hurts." These quotes would scare me away because I do not want to spend all my time with 1 person even if I were married, and the 2nd line would make sense if he cheated or the guy died. If I said my heart hurts I'm having a heart attack.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah the things he's said to you was jerkish, but you are also being super needy and clingy.

"I want to spend all of my time with him." and "My heart hurts." These quotes would scare me away because I do not want to spend all my time with 1 person even if I were married, and the 2nd line would make sense if he cheated or the guy died. If I said my heart hurts I'm having a heart attack.
Yea OP is def clingy and needy. God bless any man that can deal with that. I know I cant lol

Old 01-03-2016, 09:14 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Also if this guy spends that much time playing game, he most likely will be overweight, could affect his libido. I mean it only goes down here from now.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:23 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I disagree men and women need ro entertain each other.
i did say to a point it isnt his responsibility.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:50 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
Op you sound clingy. You shouldn't want to spend all your time with ANYONE. Don't you have your own hobbies, your own friends, etc? I am married and we do not entertain each other, or feel the need to cling together at the house. He likes video games, I like shows on Netflix he doesn't like. I go out for coffee or drinks with friends alone, so does he. We have date nights and do hang out, but we also have our own things you like to do. If I guy uttered these works to me, "I want to spend all of my time with him." and "My heart hurts" I would actually be running the other way. That is way too much pressure! With all do respect, you need to get a life of your own and not rely on your boyfriend so much to make you happy.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:57 AM

98 posts, read 72,792 times
This happens a lot, people busy with games, computer, phone...... he should put that stuff down for a second when you just want a little attention or affection.

Sometimes you have you use tough love. Are you strong enough to save your relationship? Cut off sex and see if still wants to ignore you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships