Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 11,331 times

Advertisements

I've very recently started a new YouTube channel. I only started it a few weeks ago and I was finally ready to do my first review after trying to figure out how I want to do these reviews. I decided that I wanted it to be super casual and not overly-produced, so I figured that it would be nice to experiment with just shooting these reviews in my car after having come out of the theater. My girlfriend also wanted to come with me and do the review, so we went to see the new Dumbo remake last night.

We got out of the movie, got in my car, and turned on the camera to film the review. I stated that I hated the movie, but my girlfriend loved it and she went as far to say that she thinks it's the best movie she's ever seen in her life and that it deserves to go down as one of the greatest films ever made. I understand that everyone has their own opinion and taste, but she was being VERY hyperbolic and I couldn't help but give her a weird look. She caught my eye, said "What?" and I just said "Nothing". She went on with her thoughts on the movie, then I went on with my thoughts, and I mentioned all of its flaws like the bad acting and the fake-looking effects.

My girlfriend rebutted and she mockingly said to me "Let me explain more of my thoughts without you being all grouchy." I told her that I wasn't being grouchy, but then I turned off the camera when it looked like we were about to fight right then and there in the middle of the review. I told her that I'm just explaining my thoughts and that we shouldn't fight about it. I turned the camera back on to start over the review, but then my girlfriend immediately goes into talking about how it's one of the best movies ever made. I told her that to say that is like saying that it's as good something like The Godfather or Jaws. I told her that she needs to stop and think about the film and to let it marinade before jumping right into the overall conclusion. Then she starts saying to me "You always act like you're so much smarter than me just because you're in a film class!"

She was screaming at me, to the point where I couldn't even understand what some of what she was saying. I turned off the camera again and yelled at her to get out of the car if she was going to act like this, so she throws her soda on me and leaves. I just drove off and we haven't talked since. I do feel a little bad about what happened and I don't want this to lead to a break up. I want to make things work with her, but at the same time she also embodies everything I hate about young girls like her. I'm 22 and she's 20, but she still acts like an overly-dramatic, hyperbolic teenage girl in high school. Where do I go from here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 09:37 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,818,906 times
Home

Old 03-30-2019, 09:56 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
It sounds to me like she got all wound up because of the camera. Some people go nuts when a camera's turned on, or if they're doing a casual music performance, they'll suddenly speed up or try to sound virtuosic, if a sound recorder is turned on. They get way too caught up in it.

But I don't know your gf. You're saying she tends to be like that anyway?

The thing that bothered me about your story, actually, was the fact that she seemed to be trying to put you down in front of the camera. That doesn't say good things about her, OP. She's not on your team; she doesn't have your back.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:00 AM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Makeup sex?

You guys got into a fight because of a movie?

Old 03-30-2019, 10:45 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Lol @ fight over Dumbo movie... Try having a mortgage, daycare bills, and little to no sleep.

I could figure out a way to not have a fight about f’ing Dumbo.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:56 AM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contoscaro View Post
I'm 22 and she's 20, but she still acts like an overly-dramatic, hyperbolic teenage girl in high school. Where do I go from here?
Easy, date someone who is a little more mature...
Fight over Dumbo movie, sounds like middle school drama.

Old 03-30-2019, 10:58 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Men who talk too much get in trouble.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:00 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,234,634 times
Now I have to read the version of her, I am sure is very different than the one of the OP.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:15 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Now I have to read the version of her, I am sure is very different than the one of the OP.
Yes. How is it said? There are three sides: your's, mine, and the truth.

Not calling you a liar OP; but what SeniorChip wrote does make sense.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:07 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Too bad you turned off the camera when she spilled the drink on you. I would have added some slow motion effects. Maybe speed up her bickering to a chipmunk and some cool music.

You never turn the camera off. Edit later.

Haha! She sounds lovely.

Make up sex and break up with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships