Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:57 AM

37 posts, read 36,607 times

Advertisements

Curious how others go about this.
Me and my gf have extremely different sleepin habits. She loves cool air blowing into the bedroom from the window a/c unit. Lately that cool air has been between 40-50 degrees. She needs white noise also, so the window fan helps her double.
Me, I need more of a controled temp around 60-70 preferably to rest well.
When we get frisky at her place, it is always a wait so i can pull the blankets over cause the window unit is blowing cool air from outside through the window directly over the bed.

How do other people with different prefered temperatures at night deal? I slept horrible last night cause i just couldnt get comfortable due to the below 50 degree air blowing right over the bed. My gf, she loves it.

is this common?? Weird? not common but not weird?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 11:21 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
I need it cool to sleep. My BF likes it cool, but not as cool as I do. I am always throwing covets offcst his house and he is always pulling them up at mine.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:29 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,959 times
oh boy, my boyfriend and i are completely different. he likes to crack a window in the bedroom during the winter. i like to be toasty warm. last night it was like 25 degrees and he STILL wanted to crack the window. i said no way so we compromised by shutting the window but turning the ceiling fan up a notch so he could get a breeze, and i piled on the blankets.

so we try to find a balance. i've never been at the point where i get a bad night's sleep because of it though. try telling her that maybe? or sleep in a separate room for the rare night's it is unbearable?

Old 01-06-2016, 12:19 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
I love it warm, but a woman I knew (and had a brief fling with) some years ago loved to open the window in the winter. She taught me the reason, you could say. You do get hot when you're....in the moment!

Old 01-06-2016, 12:30 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningForChange View Post
Me and my gf have extremely different sleepin habits. She loves cool air blowing into the bedroom from the window a/c unit. Lately that cool air has been between 40-50 degrees. She needs white noise also, so the window fan helps her double.
When we get frisky at her place, it is always a wait so i can pull the blankets over cause the window unit is blowing cool air from outside through the window directly over the bed.

How do other people with different prefered temperatures at night deal? I slept horrible last night cause i just couldnt get comfortable due to the below 50 degree air blowing right over the bed. My gf, she loves it.

Separate bedrooms and a Daikin system.

http://daikincomfort.com/residential/ductless

Old 01-06-2016, 01:37 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningForChange View Post

Get a new girlfriend?

Old 01-06-2016, 06:00 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
I had that problem with my recent ex. Even before bed the temp was an issue. He refers to me as the ice princess(I'm sure for many reasons). I don't actually need it could in the house but I like below 70 in the winter and some kind of moving air. Sometimes,yes I do crack a window. I always had to point out that he was cold because he was sitting in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm running around doing chores,fixing dinner in a hot kitchen. As a wife and Mommy I'm always multitasking and if it's too warm,I feel lethargic. He worked outside in the elements and just wanted to sit and soak up heat. I also think it's cultural and family influenced. My father always fretted about utility bill amounts and I learned early if I was cold id throw on a robe or light jacket. Every family member of his keeps a Very warm house. On Thanksgiving I had to keep making trips outside due to the set on 78 thermostat.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:04 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Separate bedrooms are known to save some relationships.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:15 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
This is why I like to have my own bed. I get kind of cold whereas most guys get kind of hot. I always have a hard time sleeping over. And most guys won't even sleep at my place.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:22 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
I like it very warm except when I sleep. When i sleep I want the room cool, and like your GF I need white noise from an ac or fan. I like it cool so I can use all my blankets. My bf gets hot though and still likes it cooler than me, so i usually have all the blankets while he has less. My BF's parents actually sleep in different rooms because they both have such different sleep habits. I can see that being me because I hate sharing a bed lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships