Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:51 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Geek 101 View Post
I didn't see the thread thats why I created this thread
I want to see what peoples opinion are on this topic.
Seems interesting to discuss

Althou idk if both men and women find the idea of dating or possibly sleeping around with co workers or bosses is any good or harm to your career.
Since I guess there are some people that work more than 40 hours i bet some people have met others
Only pulling yer leg mate

I did however have a fling with an health and safety adviser on a construction site I was on years ago, it was great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 09:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Did he wink at you? If he did you should make a flirty move with him
No winks.But he was fixing something in the kitchen on a ladder.Then I walked in(nearly walked into him) and he said jokingly, "You like that view?"

My face went bright red and I laughed.Then he saw me later and just stared.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:55 PM

37 posts, read 33,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No winks.But he was fixing something in the kitchen on a ladder.Then I walked in(nearly walked into him) and he said jokingly, "You like that view?"

My face went bright red and I laughed.Then he saw me later and just stared.
Why didnt you make the move you see
hes the one that got away

Old 01-13-2016, 10:00 PM

37 posts, read 33,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Only pulling yer leg mate

I did however have a fling with an health and safety adviser on a construction site I was on years ago, it was great
not bad did you ever get caught
:P must have been fun

Old 01-13-2016, 10:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Why didnt you make the move you see
hes the one that got away
He's still there. I will talk to him.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:11 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Quote:
Is it ever a good idea to date people at work like even your boss or supervisor or even a co worker.
My friends were suggesting for me to date this one lady that calls the helpdesk to talk to me but idk it doesnt seem right to date people at work?
What do you guys think?
It's never a good idea to date your boss or superior.
They are suppose to be the one source of non bias in the workplace.

Every place I have ever been employed at (including fast food) has had conditions about employees fraternizing with the management for that specific reason.

If you want to date people who work on the same level as you, do so but keep it out of the workplace.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:16 PM

524 posts, read 521,879 times
Quote:
Is it ever a good idea to date people at work like even your boss or supervisor or even a co worker.
My friends were suggesting for me to date this one lady that calls the helpdesk to talk to me but idk it doesnt seem right to date people at work?
What do you guys think?
It is never a good idea to date a co-worker or boss. It's unprofessional and bad for office morale.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:18 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
It's not a good idea, unless you plan to quit the place. If things don't work out it could be awkward.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:14 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
My opinion; don't.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:43 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
As LC30 said, this has been discussed A LOT on here. You can use the search feature to see past threads.

A lot of posters will tell you point blank, don't do it. I share that opinion to an extent. Have you heard the saying about not pooping where you eat?

I do think there are exceptions, though. For example, obviously if you are in your teens and early 20s and haven't started your career yet, it doesn't matter if you date someone from your retail or Starbucks jobs. I also don't think it's as big a deal as people make it out to be if you don't have direct contact with the person in your job's day to day activities. Rule of thumb: if it will interfere with your career trajectory or create workplace drama, don't do it.

You also don't want to be accused of sleeping your way to the top by getting involved with a superior.

I just started a new job in Dec and it's amazing how many people I work with who met, dated, and married in the workplace. None of them as far as I can tell had direct working relationships with their SO though.

It boils down to common sense. If you can be an adult and not mess up your own job, have at it; if not, then don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships