Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 10:32 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times

Advertisements

It seems like a guy can lose respect for a woman if she lets him get too comfortable too soon but how soon is too soon? And how can you tell if a guy doesn't respect a woman?

I tend to joke around a lot and make fun of myself and the guy. I feel like guys can get too comfortable around me too soon. They'll touch my butt on the first date and say they felt "comfortable" around me, or play slap me on the second date. Another guy would call me stupid in a joking way or ask me if his friend could feel how muscular my butt is. Taking these things out of context sound really bad but it's not like I don't say something if it doesn't bother me. I have an easygoing personality and can joke like a guy, but I'm starting to worry if this is translating to men to treat me like another dude. I guess I don't really know how to act otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
I don't know.

I'm an old lady, and in all my years I've never seen guys touching each others buts to see how muscular they are. Maybe gay guys do it, but I don't know any gay guys THAT well, so again - I don't know. Ive been in gay clubs with relatives, and never seen that.

Based on that personal experience, I wouldn't think they were treating me like one of the guys.

If it was me I would consider it disrespectful. I would try not go crazy on them, but smile as soon as it happened, and say something like, "Hey, you don't got it like that!" or "Don't be grabbin'", or maybe both.

Sounds to me like they are testing their limits. Its up to you to set those limits. At the very least, another person can get the wrong idea about you.

P.S. Thank you for a very entertaining post. LOL!

Old 01-31-2016, 11:09 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I don't think this anything to do with how comfortable they are - I think it has to do with the type of guy you are choosing to go out with.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:13 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
If you act 'too friendly'/promiscuous around men, gkelly... most will treat you like a hooker.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:45 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If you act 'too friendly'/promiscuous around men, gkelly... most will treat you like a hooker.
I'm only promiscuous in the bedroom.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
They "play slap" you?

Old 01-31-2016, 12:02 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
It sounds like you don't respect your self enough to be offended, when some guy treats you with so little respect.
I never treated my wife that way even being married.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It sounds like you don't respect your self enough to be offended, when some guy treats you with so little respect
Yep.

There's an important difference between "easygoing" and "easy." Your instincts are right, OP.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:07 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It sounds like you don't respect your self enough to be offended, when some guy treats you with so little respect.
Yep... that sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I have an easygoing personality and can joke like a guy, but I'm starting to worry if this is translating to men to treat me like another dude.
No, because men don't treat each other that way.
They know you are 'easy' - not easy going - because you allow such nonsense to happen.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:13 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
It seems like a guy can lose respect for a woman if she lets him get too comfortable too soon but how soon is too soon? And how can you tell if a guy doesn't respect a woman?

I tend to joke around a lot and make fun of myself and the guy. I feel like guys can get too comfortable around me too soon. They'll touch my butt on the first date and say they felt "comfortable" around me, or play slap me on the second date. Another guy would call me stupid in a joking way or ask me if his friend could feel how muscular my butt is. Taking these things out of context sound really bad but it's not like I don't say something if it doesn't bother me. I have an easygoing personality and can joke like a guy, but I'm starting to worry if this is translating to men to treat me like another dude. I guess I don't really know how to act otherwise.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. I am also very easygoing and joke around a lot and no one has ever asked me "if his friend could feel how muscular my butt is." That is not something one guy says to another guy anyway.

If this is a regular occurrence, you are really just choosing the wrong guys and I agree with the others---it really comes off as a lack of respect for yourself; you teach people how to treat you. And please, choose other guys to go out with than these winners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships