Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Now now, rbohm.
what, you mean you DIDNT want me to play with your breasts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 07:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it isnt just how comfortable a man feels around a woman, and it isnt how much respect the man has for a woman, or how much respect she has for herself, its actually a combination of all of it.

for instance, most women dont mind giving a friendly hug to a guy, as long as she trusts him. but sometimes us guys do go too far without rules, boundaries and limitations. i have set my own rules though when making physical contact with a woman, i touch nothing with sexual innuendos, no touching of the breasts or genitalia, unless she lets me. the first time i touch a womans breasts or butt for instance, usually SHE puts my hand there, not me.

OP, set the boundaries with the guys, and make them respect those boundaries. and you dont have to be mean about it, just firm.
That was so hot.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:02 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
what, you mean you DIDNT want me to play with your breasts?
You told me you were checking for "problems."

Not cool.

Shame on you.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That was so hot.
i get that a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You told me you were checking for "problems."

Not cool.

Shame on you.
and did i find any? you seemed to enjoy it though didnt you?

Old 02-01-2016, 12:07 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I think some girls like to play-act they're one of the guys because they get to be a special member of the group - you know - the one girl in the group. But then it all goes a little too far and they don't want to let on that they don't really like all the horseplay. Get out of that group - nothing good happens to women in a group of guys...that's for sure.
I don't even know what the bolded means?

There are plenty of men who respect women within their group. The ones with whom the OP keeps company happen to be the exception to the rule.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
I know many, many people with whom I am VERY comfortable and can tell almost anything, and NONE, none, full stop, of either sex smack my *ss.

I mean...what the what?

Old 02-01-2016, 02:03 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
It seems like a guy can lose respect for a woman if she lets him get too comfortable too soon but how soon is too soon? And how can you tell if a guy doesn't respect a woman?

I tend to joke around a lot and make fun of myself and the guy. I feel like guys can get too comfortable around me too soon. They'll touch my butt on the first date and say they felt "comfortable" around me, or play slap me on the second date. Another guy would call me stupid in a joking way or ask me if his friend could feel how muscular my butt is. Taking these things out of context sound really bad but it's not like I don't say something if it doesn't bother me. I have an easygoing personality and can joke like a guy, but I'm starting to worry if this is translating to men to treat me like another dude. I guess I don't really know how to act otherwise.

That's simply bad behavior, not being too comfortable.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:20 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I know many, many people with whom I am VERY comfortable and can tell almost anything, and NONE, none, full stop, of either sex smack my *ss.

I mean...what the what?
Seriously. I've been the token female on many occasions, but never ever has that led to anything disrespectful, let alone ass-grabbing. Maybe it's her, maybe it's them, maybe it's a combination of both.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:29 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
When you are dating online you have plenty of opportunities to "out" douchey guys. You IM, text and talk on the phone. I found that chatting with them for a couple weeks will give enough time for them to show their true colors. Then I didn't have to date them, and it made for a drama free life.

I'm fun and am fine with off color jokes and all that stuff. I don't think any guy would think it was fine to grab my ass, offer for someone else to grab my ass (WTH?) and wasn't surprised that there wasn't sex on the first date.

You seem so eager for attention of the opposite sex that you create your own problems. Work on you first, then date. BTW, didn't you say you were going to stop dating for awhile?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-01-2016, 02:59 PM

964 posts, read 994,870 times
Your story makes me sad, OP. The behavior you describe shouldn't be happening, shouldn't be allowed (by you) to happen, and you shouldn't be making the choices you're making that lead you to end up with these people, in these situations.

TBH you sound in over your head with dating. You shouldn't be out there until you can identify and deal with whatever it is in you that's repeatedly putting you in these situations. And I say that out of sincere concern for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships