Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 12:08 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I guess I am the only one on this forum that lies about their age on OLD.

I provide only recent and honest photos. And I don't lie about anything else.

Age is an important screening tool on OLD. People screen out people based upon age, they never choose people based upon age. They choose people based mainly upon looks, height, education, kids, and income so imo posting old and deceptive photographs, or lying about one of the other factors I listed, is worse than lying about one's age.
Have to disagree. I'm one of those people who considers age important when selecting a mate. Lying of any kind is just off putting to me when OLD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 11:30 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Some men in my targeted age range (27-37) have mentioned not wanting to date 23 y/o girls because they're dumb lol.
LOL. Remind those guys that brain matter doesn't just grow with age. You can either be Harvard material or it won't ever be in the cards. The empty-headed 40-somethings I know were almost certainly empty-headed at 20.

Granted, I tend to attract sharp, younger gals, so...yay, me?

Old 02-21-2016, 04:33 AM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
It has not been a problem, probably because I look younger than 80% of the men on the site at my "stated age". I do not mention it till the third date if you are wondering.
Oh if I had a penny for every time a guy tells me that he looks younger than his age...

Why wait until date 3? What reaction do you get?

Old 02-21-2016, 04:37 AM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Have to disagree. I'm one of those people who considers age important when selecting a mate. Lying of any kind is just off putting to me when OLD.
I don't find age that important but I do use it as a screening tool. It's offputting when somebody lies about such basic information. It's like... they try and make the decision about what is important to me, for me. Liars put their preferences above mine.

Old 02-21-2016, 04:57 AM

332 posts, read 294,605 times
Never been tempted to lie about my age, even when I was on Tinder for a very short amount of time. I'm usully attracted to older guys anyway (5-10ish yrs) and I'm only 23 so there's really no inclination to lie. I've never had a guy assume that I was some airhead either just because I was young lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships